Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 19/DEC/19

PatchNotes.png
  • New:  Large Planters for item based farming above ground and in caves.
    • 70 carpentry skill is required to create a large planter.
    • Uses on deed farming permissions.
    • Only one planter per tile.
    • Cannot be picked up or moved, only transported or turned. Planter is locked to the tile it resides on, to move it to a new tile transport it.
    • You cannot load a planter with a crop in it.
    • You can only plant things in the planter when the planter is on the ground.
    • Mushrooms can be planted below or above ground in the large planters.
    • You cannot plant Rice or Reeds.
    • You cannot harvest if the crop is not ripe.
    • Crops can be tended every 24 hours.
    • Planter name will be appended with (Untended) when it is time to tend the planter.
    • Growth stage will also be appended (numerical < 5), with (Ripe) being appended when they are ready to be harvested (5th stage).
    • There will be no tending on or after the ripe stage.
    • Tending will add 1 to the yield, with a minimum of 5 and max of 9 (absolute max farming skill / 10) if you tend each stage.
    • Quality is your skill in farming.
    • It takes a crop 5 days to become ripe.
    • If the crop is not harvested within 24 hours of becoming ripe there is a 50:50 chance the crops will wilt on each re-occurring day.
    • You can cultivate a large planter back to dirt if it has something planted in it, using a shovel or a rake.
    • You can only build a planter on the ground.
    • You cannot sow, tend, nor harvest a planter that is below water.
  • New:  Sail furling and unfurling and other ship mechanics changes.
    • Instead of just going forward and back, you now have several sailing modes: reverse, stop, no sail, half sail, full sail. (This does not apply to rowing boats which have no sails.)
    • Furling and unfurling sails is done by tapping the forward and back keys.
    • Mooring anchor can now be inside the boat hold and you can just right-click the boat to moor. On raising the anchor, it checks if there’s room in ship’s inventory – if there is, then it puts the anchor there instead of player inventory.
    • You can see the anchor model on the ship when it’s moored as well as see the different position of the sails as they are changed.
    • A sail state graphic has been added below the health/stamina bar for the commander to see the current sail mode.
  • Change:  A merchant will now insist that you collect items and coin from their inventory before they agree to being dismissed.
  • Change:  The number of pages a book will now hold is based on it’s quality, similar to the archaeology journal.  (See below)
    • Book quality 1 – 22 will hold 22 pages.
    • Book quality 23 or greater will hold the number of pages equal to it’s quality.
  • Change:  Paper, papyrus and reports will no longer decay inside books.
  • Bugfix:  Puppeteer grammar fixes.
  • Bugfix:  Fixed an issue with deed disbanding email not being sent.
  • Bugfix:  Fixed a journal bug which triggered for Receive a gem through praying when the item was something other than a gem.
  • Bugfix:  Fixed the place for some large items which had place in the context menu but failed to work with the keybind.
  • Bugfix: Fixed a bug with getting teleported out of a cave when stuck in a cave wall
ClientUpdate.png
  • Bugfix: Fixed v-sync not working in Fullscreen Windowed
  • Bugfix: Fixed stars not showing up at night
  • Bugfix: Fixed one frame delay on moving the camera (affects responsiveness)
  • Bugfix: Fixed holes in terrain near cave entrances

• Like 5

Sail furling works splendidly. Very nice update 🙂 Thanks. I have not tried mushroom farming yet tho.

First Post 😄 

Edited by TeeeBOMB

1 hour ago, DevBlog said:

Change:  A merchant will now insist that you collect items and coin from their inventory before they agree to being dismissed.

Thank you.  Although unfortunately too late for some merchant owners - this will save a lot of tears in future!  A really good addition.  Thanks again.

Hooray. Good stuff devs!

Am sad that we will not get to have rooftop gardens just yet, but grateful to have bigger better planters in nonetheless. Also super appreciate the books update. Thank you!

39 minutes ago, crimsonearth said:

Am sad that we will not get to have rooftop gardens just yet

Hey... maybe glitch, maybe not. But I just planted my 1st new large planter on the 2nd floor of a building under ground. Should we tell the developers? or keep it on the down low for a while?

1aUVTPi.jpg

That's the 2nd floor. Not on the ground floor.

Maybe when they said, 'can only build a planter on the ground', they meant you can not build it in ur inventory or in a cart or some such as that?

Edited by TeeeBOMB
more words
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, TeeeBOMB said:

Hey... maybe glitch, maybe not. But I just planted my 1st new large planter on the 2nd floor of a building under ground. Should we tell the developers? or keep it on the down low for a while?

1aUVTPi.jpg

!!!

I took 'on the ground' to mean ground level only, but perhaps not! Roof gardens, here we come!

Edit: Ah, they said built - meaning crafted - rather than 'stationed'. As in, like fireplaces, you add to the build on the ground instead of in your inventory, but you can build it on any level of a house.

MAGNIFICENT!

Edited by crimsonearth
  • Like 1

A bit odd that it's not possible to get more from it... at least for normal crops when tending large-planters like with farming tending and grazing improve yields, these are plant-wait5Days-harvest 1-10 yield tops.

Certainly closed the door for meta/crazy plays/ like big construction with such on every tile and floor.(Could somebody confirm if it's 1 per tile or 1 per tile-floor?)
Maybe sounds stupid, dumb, unrealistic, ******** or meta.. but I like the idea of having small "cheats" like that - allowing players a bit broader freedom

Either way it's good for the undergrounders.

"Crops can be tended every 24 hours."
Why though? If yields from harvesting are flat (farming_skill/10)=... Why should anybody tend them at all?(Grinding farming skill? huh ok.....)

"If the crop is not harvested within 24 hours of becoming ripe there is a 50:50 chance the crops will wilt on each re-occurring day."
Quite harsh compared to farming land.. unless they use the same rule.. but I doubt it.. seen untended fields in ripe state for days/week, could be servers having hard time to catch up with the coin toss.

54 minutes ago, Finnn said:

"Crops can be tended every 24 hours."

Why though? If yields from harvesting are flat (farming_skill/10)=... Why should anybody tend them at all?(Grinding farming skill? huh ok.....)

You need to tend in order to get that yield.

Tending will add 1 to the yield, with a minimum of 5 and max of 9 (absolute max farming skill / 10) if you tend each stage.

Personally, I'm not sure why planter boxes don't just use the normal mechanics you'd use when farming tiles. Why have different mechanics between tiles and planters for determining QL, yield, etc?

• Like 1

RIGHT, somehow I did skip reading that.. attention bug :D 

24h between tending should prove to be annoying though.. as you get back from work at lets say 5-6... you'll tend today at exactly that hour, tomorrow a bit later etc... times will shift a bit every day.. and also your own better or worse timing around the exact 24h/+time that adds up to that... lowering it to 16-18hours or whatever it was for herbs.. should be better to put things back into player's own fails with time management.. instead of building up frustration for the most persistent farmers with large planters.

About per tile or floor tile.. could these be stacked in a building on each floor or it's limited to 1 per tile, no matter how floors are there... can you or can not have more than 1(1 per floor tile) in a tower setup..

2 hours ago, TeeeBOMB said:

1aUVTPi.jpg

Maybe when they said, 'can only build a planter on the ground', they meant you can not build it in ur inventory or in a cart or some such as that?

That is intended, the wording meant they cannot be built in a container, like a cart.

• Like 4

Great to see paper no longer decays in books! Time to see some grand libraries 😁

• Like 2

I am carrying the beams to build shroom boxes as we speak :D Nice update!

Love this up date. 

Just one small question. Seeing my priest has no prem at present. Does WoA affect furling timer? I know it affects anchors ;) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Finnn said:

RIGHT, somehow I did skip reading that.. attention bug :D 

24h between tending should prove to be annoying though.. as you get back from work at lets say 5-6... you'll tend today at exactly that hour, tomorrow a bit later etc... times will shift a bit every day.. and also your own better or worse timing around the exact 24h/+time that adds up to that... lowering it to 16-18hours or whatever it was for herbs.. should be better to put things back into player's own fails with time management.. instead of building up frustration for the most persistent farmers with large planters.

About per tile or floor tile.. could these be stacked in a building on each floor or it's limited to 1 per tile, no matter how floors are there... can you or can not have more than 1(1 per floor tile) in a tower setup..

Yea they can be on each floor, will require some moving thou to get around the ladder as 2 cannot be on the same tile of the same floor.

• Like 2

sailing is lovely - also the book change! thanks for the update.

4 hours ago, ausimus said:

Yea they can be on each floor, will require some moving thou to get around the ladder as 2 cannot be on the same tile of the same floor.

SUGOI!

Spoiler

1,width=650,height=650,appearanceId=1.jp

As I mentioned.. could be a bit odd.. to have it .. but opens the possibility to unusual play for the "crazy" farmers below or above ground with this being a thing, it's awesome to have it in the game.

Thank You for the confirmation.

VENY5En.jpg?1

Update doesnt seem to want to complete. Said graphic update failed.

Edited by BrandonSF

do you still have a client running? or possibly the java process still running?

If not just close and start the client and see if that works.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nicrolis said:

do you still have a client running? or possibly the java process still running?

If not just close and start the client and see if that works.

I closed it all down and am trying it again :)

Edit, Same outcome.

Edited by BrandonSF
  • Cat 1

1 hour ago, BrandonSF said:

I closed it all down and am trying it again :)

Edit, Same outcome.

Restart your pc. That means it can't update the graphics jar because it's in use. 

• Like 1

Woot! The once suggested and long anticipated changes to sailing are awesome! Thanks for the updates, developers!

Hmm, one question, though. Should the stamina be draining, when the sails are up? That's what is happening right now. Before, stamina only drained if you pressed the "forward" button, but the ship still moved with the wind without that. Now, the only option is to raise the sails and that automatically comes with the stamina drain. To regain stamina, you need to completely stop the boat. This means that a few minutes into your journey - while the sails are raised - you are out of stamina. Not a problem most of the time, but should you get kicked off the boat for some reason (perhaps when changing servers), suddenly you are in the middle of water with zero stamina. Is that supposed to work that way?

On a related note... I like how the boat actually accelerates to the new speed, when you lower the sails, instead of just magically going the new top speed. Has a real sailing feeling to it. I also really love just drifting with the current right now, when the ship's sails are up. There is something very zen about it :)

Edited by Valdor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Valdor said:

Hmm, one question, though. Should the stamina be draining, when the sails are up? That's what is happening right now. Before, stamina only drained if you pressed the "forward" button, but the ship still moved with the wind without that. Now, the only option is to raise the sails and that automatically comes with the stamina drain. To regain stamina, you need to completely stop the boat. This means that a few minutes into your journey - while the sails are raised - you are out of stamina. Not a problem most of the time, but should you get kicked off the boat for some reason (perhaps when changing servers), suddenly you are in the middle of water with zero stamina. Is that supposed to work that way?

Yes stamina drain is intended. 

And if you are kicked off the boat for any reason, the boat will still be on the same spot you are (even if it's visually not) There's no need to move. 

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this