Sign in to follow this  
Aeris

A fellow Wurmian in need of help

Some of you may know him as a friend and some of you might know him as a seasoned Wurm veteran who's seemingly always been around. Others yet might know him as one of the the crazy guys with tons of 90+ skills, or maybe as the guy who used to sell great tools and weapons. And if you've ever been in an alliance with him you'll know him as the guy who is always willing to help his alliance members out (even if it means sitting with you in a boat along the coast for an hour while you continuously fail to catch a single fish). The person I'm talking about is Vroomfondel / Handsomestranger, and I wish I were creating this thread about him during happier circumstances. Even if you don't know him I'd like to tell you a little about him, because he is a great guy who's currently in need of help.

For those of you who know him it may come as no surprise that he spent a lot of his time caring for his mother, which he's done for the past 8 years. She was a proud person but unable to live on her own due to her health issues, so Handsome moved in with her in order to be able to better care for her. When he wasn't taking care of her or playing Wurm he spent a lot of time taking care of their home, which includes creating and maintaining a wonderful garden which I've always loved seeing pictures of. This last year his mother's health unfortunately took a turn for the worse, and a few days ago she passed away. I've never met neither him nor her in real life, but the news of her passing was still very sad. I apologize to anyone who know him that hasn't yet had the opportunity to hear about it directly from him, but as it stands right now he is unfortunately about to lose both the home and the garden he's worked so hard on. Due to the crushing debt his mother's medical bills has left him with he needs to take immediate action if he's to be able to keep his home.

For Vroomfondel/Handsomestranger the Wurm community has always provided him with enough friendship and social interaction, so he's never had any real use for social media. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but as of now he's in great need of a bigger network so if you are able to it would be great if you could share the link to his fundraiser with as many as possible. And if you are able to contribute towards his goal that would of course be an enormous help!

There is a link to the Gofundme page he's created, and it has some additional information, so please message me if you want it. You can also find it on the Gofundme website if you search for James Paris.

Edited by Aeris
  • Like 1

Sad to hear. You should post the link in this post as well to make it easier for the interested people to check it out.

33 minutes ago, elentari said:

Sad to hear. You should post the link in this post as well to make it easier for the interested people to check it out.

Unfortunately our forum rules are against direct linking, be sure to PM aeris though! 

Hello Everyone,

I first want to thank Aeris for posting this here.  I also want to personally ask all of you to look this up and share it for me on social media (facebook, twitter, snapchat, etc.)  I was always too busy caring for mother to get into using social media, and never felt comfortable with the tries I made.  This makes it impossible for me to get notice of this out myself, I have to ask everyone I know to do it for me.  Even if you cannot contribute, please help a guy out and get it on social media everywhere.  All I need are enough $1 contributions to get there.  Seven billion people on the planet, it has to be possible to reach out to 30,000 with a dollar to spare.  I thank you all.

Sincerely,

Vroomfondel aka Handsomestranger aka James Paris

• Like 1

Bump!

Just because it gets buried so easily and he still needs a lot of help.

• Like 1