Sign in to follow this  
Zackaryga

Aquarium/Glass/New Skill(s)

Hello everyone, so here's a not really original idea but a different way of looking at it. So you're going out fishing and on your way you merrily pick bark/twigs and search for bait and after getting down to the water and fishing for a bit you have a nice haul of fish... but what about all of those smaller fish we keep throwing back in! Id much rather take them home with me and put them on display! Wouldn't it be nice to have something decorative but is also actually unique to the player other than just say changing a color with dye? This being said an aquarium could be an interesting addition to the game and would complement the amazing changes to the fishing system. This would most likely have to be made from glass. This brings me to the other less unique suggestion of adding glass to the game. This could be used for decorative reasons only, so possibly add two more skills such as Glassmaking and the other Glassblowing, consider this as carpentry and fine carpentry. This could also be used to fill in those drafty windows! These additions if even applicable should for for mid-game to end-game skill progressions e.g. 50-70. Thanks for reading. 

Edited by Zackaryga
misspelled/grammer

There have been a ton of threads about adding glassblowing to the game. We're still hopeful that it will happen eventually.

Apart from that, although interesting, I don't see aquariums really fitting in with Wurm. It's an interesting idea, just not one I'm interested in. I use my smaller fish for bait to catch larger fish.

9 hours ago, Seriphina said:

There have been a ton of threads about adding glassblowing to the game. We're still hopeful that it will happen eventually.

Apart from that, although interesting, I don't see aquariums really fitting in with Wurm. It's an interesting idea, just not one I'm interested in. I use my smaller fish for bait to catch larger fish.

I agree, I'd rather be able to make a small pond or something before an aquarium. 

As for the aquarium idea- at most I might see a blown glass bowl with a small, colorful fish sort of swimming around in it given out as a gift of some kind, but only if we get glassblowing and glass making added to the game at some point. Full blown aquariums would be a bit much, and would not really seem to fit with the game, as Seriphina said.

1 hour ago, Enuf said:

I agree, I'd rather be able to make a small pond or something before an aquarium. 

agree. if we start seeing stuff like aquariums in game, then why not adding a tractor for all your farming needs. pop new skill "oil refinery" for making diesel to fuel it and all is good. we already have tar that could be used for this, just needs a new building option on a tar tile, allowing us to craft "oil rigs".. lmao..

/sarcasm mode off

An Aquarium sounds like fun, especially if we take it a step further from it just being something cosmetic. For example, what about fish farming? Imagine that you could farm small fish, so somewhat like a chicken coop, but instead of eggs it would produce more fish. You'd need to add food and water (see it as keeping the water fresh) just like with the chicken coop.

Okay yes it may not fit however the main point is what type of decorations that we can make are unique to the player say my larder probably looks a lot like your larder right? I’d like to see more decoration options or multiple models for the same item like say two different types of larders with the same function; maybe something along those lines?