Sign in to follow this  
Fushaum

Ele back to Epic thanks

Hi.

I have come back to the game, after quit some years brake, after it all broke down with the release of WU.
I am a proud Epic player, and I am sad to see it all abandoned, more sad to be back at JKH and see all the great deeds gone.

But I am back at JKH and I got my self some new players with me, and over the last weak, I see more and more players here, and it is great some old ones, some new ones, and us there stay, try to convince them there come back, and want to go to freedom to stay.

But I have some players there like to become priests, and as no one online have the different religions, we need to go to Ele to get to the alter, but we can not go there by ship, we need to portal over there, and we can't bring our stof as tolls weapons and so on, so it is nearly impossible to get to the alter on foot.
So now we are forced to find things on the ground to get basic tools, to then be able to make at least a robe, so we can get horses to get to the alter.

I don't understand why it is needed to close Ele from the rest of Epic, we have some JK players here at Ele as well, that us on JKH wud like to help out, maybe trad with, but we cant.

I'm begging you, open op Ele for us again, so one, the new players can get to the alter, and we can start op on the home servers again, and so we can help our kingdom players across the water.

Greetings.
(Ingame name (Trygve)

Edited by Fushaum
  • Like 3

I agree. I'm a bit new to wurm, but it was my understanding that elevation was something of a battleground between kingdoms? It makes sense for it to be accessible to players wanting to do some rp-pvp.

And yeah, it's impossible to get to the alters without basic tools. I think JK is pretty close to the white beam (if that's what it's called?), and it's still near impossible to get to. I can only imagine what the other kingdoms have to do if they're further away lol.

So far we've met some pretty nice people on elevation, and it would be cool to be able to play with them more naturally (seeing as epic is a bit empty right now, any community interaction is welcome). Removing Elevation hinders that quite a bit.

But anyway. I agree entirely with Fush. Please let us travel between servers again

Thanks

Jeyla

• Like 2

+1 to this. Some news about what the plan is with Elevation would be nice. When is the reset and will it be open to home islands before or after that.

• Like 1

daaaaaaaamn... grammar police be crying hard in the corner reading OP post.. personally, i could not understand half.. like since when do we need to craft robes to lead a horse? lmao

It is quit sad, that it is so hard to become a priest now on Epic, but I think as well it is sad you split up the players on Epic in two groups when the player ###### is so low.
This test will be better to do with Chaos on Freedom, then on Epic, as Chaos is kind of it's own thing anyway.

Just my opinion.
Cud be nice that I will be able to trade with my kingdom on Ele and even the other kingdoms as well, or the other kingdom players was able to come over and help kill the Epic creatures as we are not that many players, so we kind of need all man to do it.

So this wall here, kind of take a lot from us.

Just a reminder that you can tame a horse with foraged items. Horses aren't hard to tame even for new players. Once tamed you can right click the horse and select ride, no rope needed. Now tamed animals are subject to being attacked, so once on the horse you can untame the horse by using the animal management screen obtained by right clicking on the character screen.  

Or, even a quality 1 bridal will allow you to activate anything in inventory and ride the horse without taming it.

With that said, I agree that it is time to either open the borders again or reset Ele again with open borders this time, which I think was the original plan. But sadly I expect that Epic is so far down on their list of concerns it is going to stay the way it is for some time. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Grumpysmith said:

With that said, I agree that it is time to either open the borders again or reset Ele again with open borders this time, which I think was the original plan. But sadly I expect that Epic is so far down on their list of concerns it is going to stay the way it is for some time. 

That wud be sad, more when you know, to open the borders to Ele, relay do not take a long time to do, and if it can help Epic to get more players bag, as then maybe things can start to happen again, at Epic if the different kingdoms start work together for the epic creatures.

+1 It is time to reopen borders.

I do not think a reset of elevation is needed though. A very small part of the server has even been touched. All a reset would do at this point is drive away the few of us still playing there.

Edited by Taltos
  • Like 1

+1

If a player residing on a homeserver wish to swap kingdom, the only way is to go to Elevation (naked) and get converted. That means leaving all the items behind. No fun.

Connect elevation, or atleast allow sailing between homeservers. For exporing, missions, raids, trade etc. It's not a PVE cluster.