Retrograde

Best player housing?

Recommended Posts

No mans sky? pah, all they see is sky cos the houses suck

 

Everquest? More like everquesting for a house

 

ESO? More like ESNO

 

We lost out on the player housing choice of Massively Overpowered, but the popular vote is still up for grabs! 

 

https://massivelyop.com/2019/12/15/massively-ops-2019-awards-best-mmo-housing/

 

Share your thoughts and vote for the game with the best player housing! (It's wurm) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

None of the above ..

For housing building Ark with mods beats them all .

Go look at what people have built ,.

Instant housing should not even be in that list , only stuff you can build from scratch should be .

Wurm is not bad but still limited on hanging stuff up and placement ..

 

But Wurm beats all games for terraforming ....   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wurm Online (10%, 27 Votes)

 

just gonna loose, cuz we have low members compared to big mmos. but yeah, none of them should even be considered as "house building" games...

Edited by Skatyna

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we're on 36 votes
eq2 and FF are on 44 votes

Rope in your friends lets get it boosted, I've sent out some notifications also (discord alliance chat and wu global)
I have player housing in eq2, my own newbie island with my achievements displayed. lots of little avatars, some interactable stuff but you can't build or form and it's a private area, nothing compared to our sandbox hybrid.

>edit> we're in the lead at the moment with 46 votes

You don't have to login
https://massivelyop.com/2019/12/15/massively-ops-2019-awards-best-mmo-housing/

Edited by Steveleeb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact they list path of exile just makes me not even want to believe they know what player housing is about 😕

In your typical mmo yes its about decorating a house(often predesigned exterior) with limited space where as games like life is feudal and wurm take a better approach to it
A tale in the desert should really be listed there too considering 99% of the game is about doing exactly that :P

There is this old mmo i once played that had your typical isometric view rpg style play(a bunch of wurmians back in 2012-2013 where all playing it together around 60 of us) and it was a fun game to play and it sported some amazing grid based house building allowing you to do what wurm did but on a way bigger scale(no skill limits to house size just resource cost and land purchase cost) allowing for some amazingly giant structures to be created full of decorations of things you found in the world put on display and more if only i could remember its name :(

Also i figured id leave a message on their site and i think google doesnt want me to use signin with google to do so first time i ever saw this message lol
aiRGKke.png

 

Edited by wipeout

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Voted!!

 

Wurm Online (18%, 57 Votes)

 

I think we may even be in the lead, but it is close, so everyone be sure to vote!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, wipeout said:

The fact they list path of exile just makes me not even want to believe they know what player housing is about 😕


I think it's more to do with them asking what people want player housing to be.
even if wurm does it `the best and most thorough`, doesn't mean people want that.
As much as we like to believe, Wurm is not the gauge or the basis of comparison.
I know most of them don't know they're born but there's a high chance that even after playing wurm they might vote for `here's a space, fill it`
That's not what player housing is about .. in wurm. .. and the grand scheme of things.
Wurm has given us an evolved understanding but the poll is there to decide is that what people want.

That's me being as objective as possible.
Subjectively, vote vote vote! you don't need to sign in, show this silly quiz how passionate we are about our truth.

edit> 60 votes! don't relent.

Edited by Steveleeb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, wipeout said:

There is this old mmo i once played that had your typical isometric view rpg style play 

 

 

Horizons / Istaria was an older MMO that had some really outstanding player housing, but I don't think it was isometric view.

 

 

 

 

Could it have been Maple Story? I never played it, but It kind of looks like maybe a grid-based isometric design with  few limits on player housing size, and a lot of room for creativity in housing design: 

 

0.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

 

 

Horizons / Istaria was an older MMO that had some really outstanding player housing, but I don't think it was isometric view.

 

Could it have been Maple Story? It kind of looks like maybe a grid-based isometric ....

 

0.jpg

 

 

 

Wasnt that but on my quest to try and find it i came across ashen empires again in my logs and now i wanna play that again maybe my account still exists for that game ashen also has some nice player housing btw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

Could it have been Maple Story? I never played it, but It kind of looks like maybe a grid-based isometric design with  few limits on player housing size, and a lot of room for creativity in housing design: 

 

That's maplestory 2 and incredibly recent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wipeout said:

Also i figured id leave a message on their site and i think google doesnt want me to use signin with google to do so first time i ever saw this message lol
"Google is concerned blah"

That is hilarious, these notorious thieves and spies are concerned that anyone else may steal your data. The mafia offering protection from petty thieves, lol.

 

Edit: Voted, ofc. We are leading, yippie :)

Edited by Ekcin
addendum
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

wurm online numma 1 bes housing mmo

 

I love that i can show up on a beach, find a spot, make it my own - modified to my liking - build a house per my desires, fill it with random clutter (on an ever improving system) and actually base an entire section of my gameplay around this house.

Only one game really gives me that, and that is Wurm.

 

i really like my house on black desert, but it is neither a player home nor anything really type game. 4th

i loved what i could do at my house on archeage. 3rd

ark/derivatives come in second, for me.
 

really though, that list is flawed. i vote against whoever made it.

Sonuvatroll

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

voted (28%, 118 Votes)

 

 

ps. now waiting for epic xmas present 😶

Edited by Themystrix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For all those who continual judge and voice the opinion that Retro and wurm need to  do more advertising get the word out more it goes without saying all those will of course will Vote to  shine a spotlight on wurm right? (whether you agree or disagree it doesnt matter you wanted more exposure for wurm heres your chance to participate)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, igSnarkin said:

For all those who continual judge and voice the opinion that Retro and wurm need to  do more advertising get the word out more it goes without saying all those will of course will Vote to  shine a spotlight on wurm right? (whether you agree or disagree it doesnt matter you wanted more exposure for wurm heres your chance to participate)


Retro is not PR, we are.
however, he is player relations / community manager and has done his job well here.
180 votes, NICE.

 

15 hours ago, Skatyna said:

Wurm Online (10%, 27 Votes)

 

just gonna loose, cuz we have low members compared to big mmos. but yeah, none of them should even be considered as "house building" games...


and there you have it

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was vote #4 on this when I saw it before the post here, that escalated quickly. :D

 

Well done everyone and rightly so, Wurm deserves this one clearly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Steveleeb said:

Retro is not PR, we are.
however, he is player relations / community manager and has done his job well here.
180 votes, NICE.

Just having Wurm on that list might bring a lot of people, regardless of the final score. People who are interested in player housing, which is one of the strongest attributes of Wurm so they are likely to stay.

By housing i obviously mean player controlled land/settlement/deed, not only the structures. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Locath said:

Just having Wurm on that list might bring a lot of people, regardless of the final score.

Now I am kind of curious how many will quit the idea upon reading some of the forum threads here... ^_^

 

But yea, I hope some stick around or at least give it a shot when the Steam thing is ready, anything is ok with me as long as it is pro-Wurm.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.