Sign in to follow this  
heiro

Remove disease with hitching post

My animal get diseased when hitched on the new hitching post (3 animals), can we fix that or it is planned to be like that 

Thanks !

Edit: Oh also when they are hitched on the second floor they appear on the first floor not realy important but that would be nice to have a second floor with animal hitched ! 

Edited by heiro

Animals get diseased faster when there are three or more to one tile. Keep just two hitched per post, or shift the hitching post over a bit so one of the animals is on an adjacent tile.

Also groom them regularly if possible, it helps keep disease down.

Just remove the diseased effect on those that are hitched (my opinion)

it makes no point having a hitching post for 3 animals if you cant hitch 3 animals without them getting deseased... i get this too and its mega upsetting.. this definitely needs adjusting imo

You could still cause this to trigger by standing on the tile with your character... (it's possible to get a disease while you are commanding a large cart and stay on it for a prolonged period of time.. "fun stuff")

Also if you have free roaming creatures around the pen where the hitching post.. it could visit this same tile.. or stay there for a while.. to cause same effect..

Plenty of options to easily get the disease effect to trigger without much effort.

9 minutes ago, Finnn said:

Plenty of options to easily get the disease effect to trigger without much effort.

yes, but majority of them can be mitigated or minimised... however hitching 3 animals to a hitching post results in 1 or 2 deseased animals over the night. that surely cant be intensional feature...

3 or more creatures (including players) on the same tile can result in disease, yes.

One way to avoid this is to position the hitching post nearer to the tile border, so that the animals don't all end up on the same tile.

But yeah, hitching posts do make it pretty easy for animals to get diseased. Would be nice to have some way of preventing that without having to do any tricks like this. I would be fine if that 3 were just changed to a 4 (or something) when on-deed.

Edited by Ostentatio
  • Like 2

The crux here is that cheesing a mechanic (i.e. " position the hitching post nearer to the tile border ") yields very different results to other play.

This argues either for more transparent mechanics (a warning coming up when you reach the threshold), or a change in mechanics as argued by OP.

• Like 4

Just think about the new player that will come to the game on steam, they will hitch 3 and will get diseased and wil say WTF !

Same things about money, (sugestion of adding a money transaction tab)  they would probably say oh nice i can see everything that iv done on that tab !

I think its time to think about New player first cause old player will stay if they have more new player coming and nice population.

• Like 3

I've had three cows on a single hitching post as a test since the day after posts came out and it took until fairly recently for one of them to get diseased. I did brush them regularly though.

I do think it would be nice if the limit for disease was upped to 4 or more.

Rather than removing diseases for animals hitched to a post or upping the number of animals that can occupy a tile at a time without getting sick, I'd suggest that as long as there is food in the feed trough and the animals are groomed regularly, (every few real life days), they should be safe from diseases.  Players should not be able to hitch their animals to a trough and forget about them aside from throwing food in there every so often, in my opinion.  If fed well and given proper frequent attention (grooming), they should be safe from getting sick.  Tweak the chance of their catching a disease so that if groomed at least once every three days or so and are well fed, they have a significantly lower chance of catching a disease even with 3 on a tile together.