Sign in to follow this  
Arishok

Add COUNT ITEMS to crates.

If you mean add a Total Items figure to the container, so that we can see how many planks or support beams (for example) are in the crate - even though they are made of many different wood types - I agree!

44 minutes ago, Muse said:

If you mean add a Total Items figure to the container, so that we can see how many planks or support beams (for example) are in the crate - even though they are made of many different wood types - I agree!

48 minutes ago, Arishok said:

Seriously. 

I C

(Can we make this into a game.. every next post makes it a bit easier or harder to understand what the OP meant?)

But sure.... counting the shafts, clay, bricks, mortar, etc... every item type and summing the total count of them all could be useful... (so far I've solved this by dragging random x resource in the bsb and removing it... but never really needed it as a feature to suggest...) 

Could be useful to have it .. without the need to add/remove extra items to figure remaining item count you could fix in the crate.

+1

This would be great. I only have one good example atm, that isnt an everyday thing but would still make it easier.

Keeping the priests stocked with veges at the impalong. We are using 2 carts with 3 crates each. would be much faster to check on them if I can just right click the stack and do "count" and see how low they are vs opening each up and doing some quick math :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nicrolis said:

This would be great. I only have one good example atm, that isnt an everyday thing but would still make it easier.

Keeping the priests stocked with veges at the impalong. We are using 2 carts with 3 crates each. would be much faster to check on them if I can just right click the stack and do "count" and see how low they are vs opening each up and doing some quick math :)

Does that mean.. you also want a keybind for this?

sure +1

• Like 1

It would be nice to have the total number of items in the container displayed when you open the container - for example on the bottom bar 

"25 Items"

A bit like the number of files in a folder shown at the bottom of the window.

It would be good to have this for BSB's and FSB's too - I keep lots of different veggies in an FSB and it would be nice to have the overall total.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Would this just be on examine or a seperate thing? 

Sounds like 'count items' on a boat, but for crates.. also keybind for this should probably make things easier for cart/crate racks/wagons/boats etc.. storage for crates... to point over individual crates and use just the keybind instead or right clicking and pointing over a menu option.

8 minutes ago, Muse said:

It would be nice to have the total number of items in the container displayed when you open the container - for example on the bottom bar 

"25 Items"

A bit like the number of files in a folder shown at the bottom of the window.

It would be good to have this for BSB's and FSB's too - I keep lots of different veggies in an FSB and it would be nice to have the overall total.

That's also good idea... to just show item count.. like 'volume' statistic for bsbs/etc

Edited by Finnn
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Finnn said:

Sounds like 'count items' on a boat, but for crates..

ya dat.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Finnn said:

Sounds like 'count items' on a boat, but for crates.. 

Exactly what I was thinking