Sign in to follow this  
Recon

Disable Tutorial

Hey All

I'd like to disable the tutorial window from appearing for new players on my server. I've given the code a stab using 'script runner' and positively it works but only if the players create their character, log out and log back in (not very helpful).

Attached the code below, any thoughts?

function onPlayerLogin(player) {

player.setTutorialLevel(9999);
player.getTutorialLevel();

com.wurmonline.server.tutorial.PlayerTutorial.skipTutorialCommand(player, "empty");
     com.wurmonline.server.tutorial.PlayerTutorial.removeTutorial(com.wurmonline.server.WurmId);
}

Many Thanks, 

R

1 hour ago, Recon said:

I'd like to disable the tutorial window from appearing for new players on my server.

Not sure if this will help, but typing /skiptutorial does this.  Perhaps there's a way to automatically have that typed for all new players?  Similar to how we can use autorun.txt to automatically type things for our individual toons each time we log in.

(suggests the non-coder)  😛

Edited by Batta

i did look at doing this when it first came out but I ended up deciding not to.

New players would find the tutorial very useful.

All players only need to deal with it 1 time on a server (per character) and experienced players can type /skiptutorial.

If you do go through the effort of doing tutorial you usually get some SB which is huge for a brand new character.

If you did skip the tutorial you can't unskip it to be able to get that SB later, you can restart tutorial but you won't get the SB.

well that was my thought process anyway.

Thanks both

@Batta- Yes I found this on a forum actually but couldnt find the command line to use for script runner, any thoughts?

@CuddlesI agree its definitely helpful but alot of screens to click though. I've got a custom tutorial with popups upon entering certain areas on my server for new players so ideally I'd like to disable due to duplicating screens. Did you have any luck though before dropping the idea?

Thanks both :)

15 hours ago, Recon said:

Yes I found this on a forum actually but couldnt find the command line to use for script runner, any thoughts?

Sorry, I'm not a coder so I have no idea what that means.

On 12/11/2019 at 10:50 AM, Cuddles said:

i thought that setTutorialLevel(9999) looked familiar  lol

haha thought your profile pic looked family too when i saw your reply :P