Sign in to follow this  
tamat

My way of fix wurm

Work in progress! check later for updates, maybe...
Sorry for the huge wall of text, i ll try to make it readeable for everyone

First, this is not a suggestion because suggestions forum only rarely work (after years of several peoeple asking the same, ironicly most gone when the change is live), is about talk as community.

The third, some people will dont like my ideas and is fine, i ll not calling them toxic (always hated that meaning) because people are people, always will have not desired traits or behaviors but a game not play itself, at least not wurm, so people are the most valuable and the pillar of the game.

Lets start:

• Ban all RMT, specially toon selling. Let the old account out of market. This could end in many posibles ways, even several at the same time.
    People leaving, but they cant sell the toons before that unless they know before the date of RMT ban, date will leak not for all some will make a litte profit before the deadline like always.
  • Forget about pvp, oh wait this is already half way, keep it until the last of them move to freedom or quit.
    There are some intersting ideas about epic, make the home servers pve and make elevation xanadu sized without posibility of plant deeds, a really survival hunt server, with campaments or other rewards (money, exp, sp, etc) not transferible to freedom. Also keep the ratio of skills transfer 1 to 1 to freedom (discutible 75% is fine too).
  • check and recheck all craft recipes, one by one, several times, make them more logical about materials use, reducing drastical the amount of pieces and adding anothers (less bricks and mortar to doors/windows but now need planks)
  • Hoarding, one problem with wurm is the amount of materials and transport. With less materials in recipes, previous point, people will start hoarding less. My guess is people still will buy bulk per thousand, but maybe start selling less amount, useful for newbies and nonprem toons
  • Multi toon accounts, here have a problem some things need 2 peole like bridges. one player would have up to X number of accounts , we can discuss the number later. Same account will have a limited number of toons lets say 3 or 5 including unused slots. This also mean need 2 accounts to play 2 toons at same time.
  • With the previous point, normal/free account and premium can be revised and remaked, both benefits and prices. maybe account with more slots will be more expensive (have toons on the slots or not). Non prem is restricted to one toon and can select which one of have more than one, also slots can be purchased with silver or shop.
    Maybe some offer for 2 toons, for crafter and priest. batteries not included sorry.
  • Shared toons, is debatible, my proposal is not ban it but pay an amount of money to transfer it to another account temporary, fixed by the amount of total skill and time. No RMT most money is from market or shop. Can ban it without any problem, but again we can talk about it. it use slots on both accounts until share end.
  • Epic have crystals to teleport between islands, put them on freedom, can put price it 5c plus extra money (again amount discutible) per another thing, including empty vehicles and animals. This not change normal sailing
    Dont allow travel with things in vehicles, this include any container.
  • New UI, modern one, not the theme but functionality (resizable, drag and drop, scalable for higher resolutions) with a nice font (a few are preferible but they cost a lot for a small company), This is not the theme but ui just features.
    Seriously get somebody of the dev team to a good UI/UX course at least basic ones.
  • Skills ticks and timers, recipes already need less materials, so make things will be faster. skill gain is a very controversial topic. How already revised all the recipes, can do the same with every skill and their timers, make it easier for newbies and veterans reducing timers and give more skill, again amount and failure rate are debatibles
    Some idea is put a x2 or x3 for everybody, if you want more grindly get an option to disable it, More over put special weekends or some weeks in the year for events cough impalongs cough. keep sb bonus as it if, just increse the normal max to 10hs plus 25-30hs as headroom not obtainable by sleeping but missions, journal or when devs screw something
  • Uniques, make them not peneable, not go into caves at all because size, sorry goblin leader :P
    Loot shared server wide (blood and other drops), with more chances of other drops to fighters
  • Adversiting and Media, get somebody or a few people, everybody familiar with one or more mediums, and for god sake work together and have a central point where share things so everybody can pick what need to work and share in their medium, even better make it public so anyone who isnt part of official team can get material to work, free adverstiting, chummer.
    Adversiting is expensive, but some people arent part of media/wurm team, that work in related content, emphasize them to cover community events, they are the only adversting at moment, help them!
  • For dev team, we need people who isnt afraid of changes, moreover people who want try changes, if reverted later or not is other topic, im up to revert things if not work but with wurm need test it live to see how players react to them.
    Updates can tested on test server but not enough players there, remember the previous point about epic? can be used to test new things, also can encourage people play there with nice skill transfer, maybe something like rifts when you get points and can buy transfer of one item to freedom, etc
  • Suggestions, get an iD for every suggestion and a track system, so can categorize ideas with similar ones. This also mean make public status of everyone (accepted, rejected, unreaded, etc).
    A real suggestion system, yay!
  • Transparency on desitions, mostly about bans and other things. make it public including reason, account and toons in that acount.
    Also can use similar system of suggestion to keep track of support tickets too.

This is all i can think at moment, lets talk about them or share your owns  ideas here!
Edited by shakys
Moderation Edit
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, tamat said:

Second, we arent Retrogrades, so we can talk about changes and we dont put lame excuse of QoL make wurm easier or we working on that and come with useless things, im talking to you suggestion for suggestions, or promises that never are true, wo updates into wu anyone?

This part does not help anything. You should have just left it out.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lisimba said:

This part does not help anything. You should have just left it out.

is relevant, many thing like disinformation or not communication between media and dev team will be solved with some of last points.
So an intended feature promised on media could be tracked with the tickets and can we see if really planned or just smoke and mirrors

7 minutes ago, Vomusu said:

1. Forget about pve

2. Profit

rolf already tried that and failed miserably

Moved to suggestions, as that's the correct place to discuss suggested changes.  Which we do read, despite all the people insisting we don't.

• Like 6

I would say Wurm's PVE mechanics are far more polished and extensive than the PVP mechanics.  If one would have to go, I say the PVP would be the choice.  More play for PVE than PVP and has been that way for years.

11 minutes ago, Pandalet said:

Moved to suggestions, as that's the correct place to discuss suggested changes.  Which we do read, despite all the people insisting we don't.

again is opinion thread not suggestion. im not asking make this changes im saying what i would do with wurm and asking other share their opinions

Perhaps look at Gloria Invictis, it has great PVP but advertised itself as more a solid mix of PVP and PVE crafting building, which it does not have much in the way of building, just crafting. The PVP is solid and seems reasonable on mechanics and looting,  I, like idea of banning toon sales, as A, you get used to the owner and now a new person owns those Toon Names and makes it weird when you don't know they changed owners, also just seems like WOW when toons get made specifically for sale and keep the crafting market saturated with Toons designed or accounts bought solely to make a profit. I am all for selling of deeds and items if you are quitting. 

I think WURM Devs need to focus on PVP mechanics and I also think albeit WURM is a Sandbox game, it can use a bit more things to do besides crafting and think that would draw more folks in. Also would like to see the Epic servers open up for cross server travel or a Reset of Chaos and change in the siege mechanics as I hear Chaos has some huge dirt and land change formations unchanged. I think a lot of folks would at least check out the Epic servers if they knew they wouldn't get insta killed going there or to Chaos. Maybe some sort of mechanic that allows you to accept a fight or decline especially based on skill. Maybe the PVP Kingdoms would be more fun with actual story campaigns or some such who knows. 

There are many good ideas and suggestions. WURM as a sandbox game needs to become fluid as genres change, gaming preferences change etc etc. It can still be a sandbox game but also should have some servers that try some new changes, instead of the community shooting down ideas, maybe the DEVs could pick some and make a test server where folks can come and try stuff like the Jackal Server. Test Drive it before you yay or nay it?

Make Dragons BIGGER  and all legendaries harder.  Not that I get to see many dragons, I think only a select few get to have the hide :(

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tamat said:

rolf already tried that and failed miserably

Turning on pvp on pve servers full of carebears =/= making wurm a pvp game.

3 minutes ago, Vomusu said:

if have better idea, just write it down here, the thread is for that

On 12/9/2019 at 3:12 PM, Pandalet said:

@Pandalet

On 12/9/2019 at 3:27 PM, tamat said:

again is opinion thread not suggestion. im not asking make this changes im saying what i would do with wurm and asking other share their opinions

On 12/9/2019 at 10:19 PM, Blaike said:

Make Dragons BIGGER  and all legendaries harder.  Not that I get to see many dragons, I think only a select few get to have the hide :(

Why do you feel like that?

On 12/10/2019 at 12:09 AM, tamat said:
On 12/10/2019 at 12:04 AM, Vomusu said:

if have better idea, just write it down here, the thread is for that

pvp brings a lot of money to the game and players because of the token draining and whole bunch of resources and gear you need to be prepared for it;

pve is certainly the most preferred method to 'wurm' as most of the population have chosen to be chill and follow their own goals instead of having mortal enemy to live and breath for...(well read revenge)

the two bring their good fair share of income if treated well. (somebody quote a good business quote here for me 😄)