Sign in to follow this  
Malena

Modify the current default "naked" skin to have underwear instead of raggedy clothes

I love the idea of swimwear. I typically take off my armor to swim or fish, and now that 3rd person mode exists I'm even more inclined to do so! :)

• Like 1

I realize that the Devs are already loaded with improvements and upgrades to work on post-Rolf, but I think that a graphical overhaul on the player models would do a world of good. More choices in overall appearance, including a few different options for the "no equipped clothing/armor" setting (while still staying in the PG rating level, of course). 

• Like 4

How about a short boxer pants and an under shirt? 

pdp-desktop-section04-lifestyle2-min-155

d_25198.jpg

Edited by Pandalet
Moderation edit
  • Like 4

I usually switch to light clothes while hanging out on deed where there's no need for protective gear. The cloth shirts and tunics are nice, but that grubby undershirt goes down all the way past the elbow and it doesn't look right. Just shortening the sleeves on the newbie shirt would be a big improvement.

To take it further, maybe we could have an extra set of clothing slots designated as "default" and the clothes added to these slots would become like the newbie gear, so it's just an appearance with no added weight or armour value. This outfit would remain in place if we die or click 'unequip all', but the player can choose to leave those slots empty so the default appearance is just underwear. The current newbie clothing could be the default outfit starting out, and then we can take it off and/or upgrade to nicer stuff later on.

• Like 2

I'd rather something more medieval instead of a Wurm thong parade . :D  As long as it's optional for those who want it. 

medieval-underwear.jpg?compress=true&qua

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Xikk said:

Not trying to necro... but I found this weird graphical thing when I logged in today- the "bralet" looks intended, with the little fastening at the back - could this be on its way to implementation?

Yeah when I was meditating the other day, I had a visual glitch that "revealed" that there is in fact underwear already existing on our characters (as Oblivionreaver pointed out before) and was very excited to take some screenshots as well! Apparently male characters also have male underwear. After asking about this, I heard that this is an old thing and has been there for a long time. However no-one was able to tell me about the history of why exactly our already existing underwear was covered up!

It seems that the texture is missing from the bottom of the little skirt, but if one were to imagine that being there, I feel that this underwear would be perfectly demure enough to not feel like people are naked. Also, for those bothered by seeing too much flesh, perhaps there could be a setting.

undies2.jpg

• Like 1

I just remembered I had a similar glitch early on with my Harmony character where I logged in with missing pants. She didn't have the skirt though, just super short shorts. 

unknown.png

• Like 2

6HeUmD7.png

You vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about.

Bump for tasty chests.

No thanks. Not a prude but don't want to stare at naked chars rocking their junk at impalongs.

In pvp it might be a laugh, but otherwise not immersive at all. Would rather have different models for ragged clothes you can pick from though. 

• Like 2

Only if it's tasteful please! There's more than enough other games out there with clothing or lack there of for perves to get there jollies off of! Don't make Wurm a perv magnet too.

On 12/9/2019 at 7:10 AM, Oblivionnreaver said:

there's underwear models in the game that you occasionally get by bugging out with lots of naked people in the area and relogging

i remember the male model having super large areolas

Yes, I remember that too. :)

I agree Malena,  It would be nice. The female character can't wear short sleeves cloth above the standard beige top.

Edited by Annyil

Well I don't see why human body is considered to be disgusting... but anyway current female underwear is not really practical as sleeves rolling out of some of the existing garments. At least that part should be fixed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jaz said:

Well I don't see why human body is considered to be disgusting... but anyway current female underwear is not really practical as sleeves rolling out of some of the existing garments. At least that part should be fixed.

Maybe we need a button, like arachnophobic permission. 😉

On 3/19/2021 at 7:13 PM, elentari said:

No thanks. Not a prude but don't want to stare at naked chars rocking their junk at impalongs.

In pvp it might be a laugh, but otherwise not immersive at all. Would rather have different models for ragged clothes you can pick from though. 

This.

On 12/9/2019 at 5:02 PM, Malena said:

It seems Wurmians have spoken: it's a clear "No thanks!"

Thanks for all your feedback guys! I'm glad this suggestion forum exists to get discussion going and we can share our different viewpoints!

I like your suggestions alot , though.

Unfortunately, we have alot of people who don't want change/growth in Wurm and/or taking some stuff way too seriously.

In the end, it's a game and not a real life and if you get offended because some random guy made comments abour your pixel bra/breasts/ whatever, you might aswell make genderless characters lol

Not trying to get political or personal here in any means but I see the strangest reasons for downvoting your suggestion to be honest.