Sign in to follow this  
Eyesgood

What Is Wrong With Wurm?

44 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

This is called communication. Somehow it seems to me that this is an alien term to the company.

The points you mention are what happened, you simply disagree with the timeframe given which I get. 

There's a lot that needs to be done in short timeframes and we're working with monthly sprints. The goal will be to announce what is happening in the end of month update, and then follow through on that. 

Whether its one month or six, we still expect some discontent, and the only benefit would be longer use of the broken mechanics within it. 

• Like 2

I can not recall a timeframe mentioned at all, besides a thought a year ago.. but no deeper explanation about the reasoning around it.

What you do in your job is your job, understandable, but.. what is going to affect the players is probably good to be announced a bit earlier if they should or.. could prepare to soften the punch.
Note: guys.. realize at last.. that whenever the word 'player' is used it means.. in most cases(high 90%) = customer; do not play with your customer's trust.. it's bad business

By mentioning "broken mechanics".. any plans on making a post to collect 'wogics' to be fixed or should players start topics and report 'wogic' mechanics and decisions around such to finally fix the game and break free from the wogic's shackles?

Just now, Finnn said:

I can not recall a timeframe mentioned at all, besides a thought a year ago..

The timeframe seems to be from when this announcement was made, to the end of this month when these changes will be going live. 

What other broken mechanics are on the table, soon to be announced as a monthly fix?

Meditation?

7 hours ago, Ekcin said:

Player input would have been helpful, demonstrating (or at least pretending) that the playerbase - paying customers -  is taken serious. But: I would not have demanded endless discussion. It would have been fully ok to announce: In the course of general overhaul before steam release we plan to remove the player gods and revert to the template deities. The changes will be implemented, say next quarter.

Similar with vegs. Most would of course stay unhappy, but announcing to reduce veg favour by 40 to 60% in order to encourage alternative favour sources would at least have made sure in advance what is intended, and not only after violent protests and boring questions.

There would of course also have been a discussion, also complaints and polemics, but also valuable ideas maybe. And at least the customers would have been treated as partners, not subjects.

This is called communication. Somehow it seems to me that this is an alien term to the company.

Ah, I thought as much.

Then I only partially disagree with you.

The current matters have been heavily discussed over the years between players and devs, but perhaps more details would have been nice.

In terms of "valuable ideas", you could always use the suggestions forum.

• Like 3