Sign in to follow this  
Kaiva

Is it worth to play?

Hey,

i know the game a long time and played the last time 2014 or something, now I want to make a fresh start.

Is the game still worth to play and what PvE Server i should join (most people)?

If you want the highest population density, I would recommend Independence.  If you want the highest population regardless of map size, I would recommend Xanadu.

This game is still under developement so you would find lots of new stuff to learn!

Welcome back. There are lots of new things to learn / try out. The development team spoil us with regular updates.

Eyesgood is 'spot on' when he recommends Indy as the population density there is probably the highest. Overall population is greatest on Xanadu and being careful with selecting an area will possibly also give you what you are looking for.

They moved tutorial to Inde, prolly the reason for the increasing density there.

I'm going to play devil's advocate here.

Current high density areas are unlikely to remain as dense if they rely on new player influx in the coming year.

You're better off dipping your toe into a smaller server, for while the community is scattered, they tend to be much tighter. 

I would wait until Steam WO early next year. There will be a fresh server for it where only brand new accounts can play.

It is also bound to get a lot of people to return and will most likely be the highest populated server by a mile. 

Edited by nitram20

Censorship is real nowadays, well i can suggest joining some fancy alliances to get most out of the game itself, independence or xanadu are those 2 solid options to go for, depends what you see "worth it" 16 euros or dollars are basically worth of 2 drinks and you get to play 2 months, cant lose much if you try. People are being cautious at the moment on the market since the new steam release is going to happen in near future.

The game is in the middle of transitioning to steam which will hopefully help the game immensely. I personally wouldn't recommend playing right at this moment. Come back when it's on steam and you'll probably have a much better experience. 

• Like 2

If you feel like playing, come play. I'm having fun right now.

Thanks all, is there an easy way to geht to Xanadu? I`m still stuck in the tutorial.

Thx, I`m there, a GM answered ingame.

Edited by Kaiva

On 12/8/2019 at 1:52 AM, Kaiva said:

Hey,

i know the game a long time and played the last time 2014 or something, now I want to make a fresh start.

Is the game still worth to play and what PvE Server i should join (most people)?

As long you like what you see.. TRY IT!

As for server... depends.... xanadu.. afaik is laggy ## ####...  haven't heard of improvement for that.. even though there have been a few.... haven't heard of normal non-laggy living there.. I imagine it's not the best place to settle.... but you're free to go there if you love ziggy zaggy boats and carts/wagons and such...

Smatter servers should be better as long you do not mind sharing a desert with somebody once week.. pretty much there's enough space on every server ... only benefit on xanadu is that... you could settle at a place where you'd rarely see somebody in a real life season ... once.. besides that... same deed and offdeed hunting or forest you probably can have anywhere in the game.

As for community.. if you still haven't chosed.. check server status.. (google wurm online server status- you'll get a few links.. or check the launcher's information) pick one of the servers based on the count of online people when you're online: around when you get back from school/college/work.. and when you're about to stop playing for the day... probably what matters the most... you'll appreciate the #Freedom chat... it's your main friend group unless Alliance chat is big enough to have a talk there, in the end.. you'll find friendly sould in GL-Freedom and ofc Waar.. but war's a bit.. Not.. You'll figure it :)

If you want to play with people, i think Xanadu was a mistake. Just because it has the most people online at the time, doesn't mean you'll actually meet anyone due to the size of the map. 

As i've said, you are best off waiting for the steam release early next year. 

44 minutes ago, atazs said:

If you want to play with people, i think Xanadu was a mistake. Just because it has the most people online at the time, doesn't mean you'll actually meet anyone due to the size of the map.

As i've said, you are best off waiting for the steam release early next year. 

I tend to say: Yes, it is worth to play, absolutely. Only, PvP is close to completely dead, and not likely to recover. That is the case in most older games where PvE and PvP exist together (coexist is bit too much said), and well, I want those all luck who hope for a revival of it on steam but have doubts.

As to Xanadu: For someone who knows the game, has a good ship and horse (or more than one) bit travelling should not be so much of an issue. Low pop density has advantages, too, and lag is not really that hard. From Haven's Landing, you reach Xanadu via one way teleport from the portal. You may also ask in GL chat or forum for a lift, someone will certainly pick you up (if noone else, PM me at the end of next Independence rift or before end of Shrimpalong).