Sign in to follow this  
tamat

About: The Hunters Guide of Proper Unique Creature Hunting Etiquette

On 7/31/2019 at 10:27 PM, Enki said:

The Hunters Guide of Proper Unique Creature Hunting Etiquette

To maintain proper etiquette when encountering a creature of unique stature, one must always heed to sportsmanlike conduct as written below.

When you discover a unique creature, you have two courses of action available to you.

The first course of action is to attempt to contain the creature so that it will go un-bothered until such time as you have fattened it up for slaughter. This is by no means the best option as any unique creature can escape any confinement you build at any time of its own choosing.

Under no circumstances should a contained unique on or under a deed be 'lured' out by any means outside of the intentions of the hunting party with claim. This will be classed as griefing and will net the offender/s a ban.

The second course of action, and most sportsmanlike to boot, is to gather your friends, family, coworkers, and any spare un-dead you may have lying around collecting dust, and have a splendifirous slaying party as soon as possible. Children always have lots of fun playing games like 'fingers and horns', 'tooth tail toe', 'foot toss', 'tug of entrails', ' and of course playing the old classic scene from the famous 'Swamp Wars' play and pretend to be Duke Skyrunner battling Barth Tater with bloody severed arm sabers. The adults meanwhile can butcher the rare and unique creature and create wonderful stews and other fine meals from the leftovers of the creature to eat as they haggle over the dispensation of the more valued body parts of each slain creature.

There is of course a third action available to you, though I am loath to mention it, but you could, in theory, turn, run away, and pretend you never saw it.

With multiple hunting parties hunting down these poor misunderstood unique creatures, recently, it has become such a war for the blood and other various body parts of each unique creature that many of the people hunting them are no longer having fun at this time honored blood sport. This is where proper etiquette must be applied for all to enjoy their kill and wear it too.  So, with that in mind, let's lay down some etiquette for this wonderful tradition.

First come first serve!

What does it mean to be the first? I am so glad you asked.

Normally, first person on scene is the one to claim the unique, but arguments do arise and we need something more solid to go on at this stage. So let us start a more tangible system by which if an argument were to arise, an arbitrator can be sent out to scout the situation, and determine decisively who is first.

Step 1. Commit one of these actions within range of the unique.

Mine a tunnel

Build a colossus

Dig a dirt, heap of sand, clay, tar, lava

Plant a sign

Cut a tree down

Build a bridge

Surface mine a shard

Step 2. Remember where you committed the action! If the arbitrator cannot find proof of work, then your claim will be denied.

Keep in mind, the above is only necessary if there is a dispute, which will likely only happen during the first few hours of discovery, but for your own sake, commit one of the above actions should you encounter a unique creature and wish to claim it for your own group to eviscerate.

Containment Protocols!

If you have chosen to lay claim to a unique, what do you do with it?

Kill it of course, you silly dunderhead!

Since most of you will not be able to take on a unique creature by your lonesome, you should gather up a slaughter party and throw a big bash for the unique creature as soon as possible. Unfortunately, it can take time to gather a large enough group of blood ravers to attend so you may decide to confine the unique creature in a 'pen'. This of course is not really intended, and unique creatures can escape on their own volition, so if you try to confine one of these poor Wurmland denizens, do not come calling to us when it escapes to get to the greener grass on the other side.

Should the unique decide to escape your attempts at confining it, it is again wild and can potentially be claimed by another, as long as they follow the above steps, if your party is not actively present to maintain your original claim.

Under no circumstances should a contained unique on or under a deed be 'lured' out by any means outside of the intentions of the hunting party with claim. This will be classed as griefing and will net the offender/s a ban.

Attempting to merely 'pen' a unique creature without a deed such as, using a sealed mine or a fence may work as a temporary option, but once you leave the area, any claim to it becomes invalid!

The slaying!

This is by far the most fun part of the event. Unfortunately, some have tried to sully the experience and so we provide you with some basic common courtesies that all should respect.

Courtesy #1 – If you are not with the slayer party that has claim to the unique creature, then leave the area!

Courtesy #2 – Do not bring alts into the loot drop range.

Courtesy #3 – Do not steal the corpse, body parts, or loot drops from the claimant party.

Courtesy #4 – Under no circumstances should a contained unique on or under a deed be 'lured' out by any means outside of the intentions of the hunting party with claim. This will be classed as griefing and will net the offender/s a ban.

Going against these courtesies of etiquette will be considered an act of griefing and will net the offender/s a ban.

Community slayings!

There are times in which hunting parties will organize a public slaying of a unique creature to share the spoils.  These are come one, come all events.  No one will be turned away from these, but a certain decorum of etiquette must be observed.

Courtesy #1 – Do not steal the corpse, body parts, or loot drops from the organizers of the community slaying party.

Courtesy #2 – Under no circumstances should a contained unique on or under a deed be 'lured' out by any means outside of the intentions of the organizing party with claim. This will be classed as griefing and will net the offender/s a ban.

This guide will be updated and adjusted to counter loopholes as more scenarios are considered in order to keep these activities in line with the spirit of the game.

Oh for pete's sake!  I forgot to mention that the above does not apply to PVP servers like Chaos or those on the Epic cluster...  I'll add that in as soon as I have time.. so yeah...  the above relates to the PVE servers.

We cant comment the other thread so lets talk about this here

Player found a unique yesterday proceeded  with new rules worked well and was effortless no issues no complaints no drama...it likely shouldn't have needed to be clarified but really its just asking  people for some common sense and courtesy.  Some things need to be in black and white for some.  Nice update Enki :)

• Like 1

You know, I've killed my fair share of uniques (41 on Freedom, Chaos and Epic combined according to Niarja) and I don't consider myself to be a unique hoarder by any stretch of the imagination.  Of these 41 Unique slayings, only one comes to mind as having necessitated GM intervention, and it was one in which the unique was actively being killed, and some jerk that was still convinced he had made the claim (and was trying to pen it) was attempting to bandage the dragon to heal any damage we would cause.  

The Wurm community, although far diminished in population from "the good ole days", has survived just fine for 10+ years without the need for formalized GM "babysitting" of unique sightings, claims, captures and slayings.  Such bad behavior by players should fall under the "play nice or we'll rip your heart out" thread previously posted by Enki.  I refuse to believe that a blanket policy, which has been an unspoken rule for the last 10 years needs to be enforced by the staff for a population 10% the size of what it was before.

I'm very disappointed that Enki had to make that post, but I'm even more disappointed by what I read in it...

3 hours ago, tamat said:

Courtesy #2 – Do not bring alts into the loot drop range.

3 hours ago, tamat said:

Going against these courtesies of etiquette will be considered an act of griefing and will net the offender/s a ban.

So if my "alt" (which is a fairly broad term, especially in the world of PvP) enters local of a unique fight, I could be banned?  By design, any premium account can (and will) receive loot from a slain unique within their local.  I, like many other players, have several characters that I play (priests etc)…. so these "alts" run the risk of being banned?  Unique slayings, impalongs and public gatherings like Rifts are half of the reason why the new priest spell Summon Soul was implemented in the first place!  But now it's only allowed if you're on the Unique "white list"?  BULL !#@$#%

This level of petty non-sense is a clear de-evolution of what this game used to be, with regard to the need to both make and reinforce rules like these that have been laid down by Enki.  Not only does it open the door for "gray" interpretation of an already murky rule, (digging dirt in local of a dragon before anyone else makes it my claim?  REALLY?) but also paves the way for additional "rules" to be imposed on an already dying community by a select few who suddenly see it best to micro-manage the player experience, despite the very small percentage of the population who still bother to steal   find all the uniques.  

• Like 9
  • Cat 1

The do not bring alts to get blood etc rule seems really way over the top.

We have always brought alts ( and newbies that can't participate due to low skill) to the vicinity.

Aha, now I heard where that about alts came from. Stealthing a zilllion alts in local is not to play nice.

Trying to heal the unique in order to get time to bring in more alts is not to play nice either.

The alts comment isn't about not being able to bring alts as preordained with your slaying group. It's about hiding alts in a slaying you are not welcome in in order to gain a share of the loot and lessen the spread between the people actively invited. 

We would rather not have these guidelines in place either, but there has been a rise of harassment and griefing with uniques to the point that we as a gm team need to know what action to take and our reasoning behind it.

With that in place we have made it transparent so players know what to expect and how we will approach any situation. 

Hopefully it's never needed as Nd sits as strange fluff 

• Like 4

"Commit one of these actions within range of the unique."

What is "in range?"

Edited by LionIX
  • Like 1

Roughly within viewing distance. The intention of that is an item that the GM's can check the time data on to compare to someone else finding it and making the same marker. 

an action that leaves an item we can view in logs means we can say "Person A found it at x:34 and person B came along at x: 58 so it belongs to person A" 

We've tried to keep hands off in these situations but it's starting to get rather messy, so if we are going to have to intervene based on people being unable to play nice, we'll do so by these rules. 

if i'm building a colossus to mark the unique as mine and somebody comes by and attaches the last brick does that mean the unique is his

• Like 2
  • Cat 1

2 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

if i'm building a colossus to mark the unique as mine and somebody comes by and attaches the last brick does that mean the unique is his

Actually it means they win you. 

So lets say player "A" found a goblin king, put a sign saying "its mine". few hours later a group of 5 ppl roamed by, seen this unique,  slain it on the go ant moved on. do they all get banana'ed now? as following these rules the player "A" found it so its his, no?

another thing, some1 penned it. rules state you cant agro it so it would bash out. but, how the hell would ppl know there is unique penned in if you just walk by someones walls, look around the area and then suddenly unique that was penned inside agros you and bashes out. that falls under the rule as agro lead and is bannable too.

Edited by Skatyna
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Skatyna said:

So lets say player "A" found a goblin king, put a sign saying "its mine". few hours later a group of 5 ppl roamed by, seen this unique,  slain it on the go ant moved on. do they all get banana'ed now? as following these rules the player "A" found it so its his, no?

if there's no-one else in the area to maintain the claim then the sign isn't valid

I would very much welcome if this guide could be used as an orientation not a subject for hack lawyer business by loophole seekers. No ruleset can ever cover all possible cases, but inconsistencies should be discussed. In so far, some clarifications would be welcome. Most of the rules anyway can be followed simply by playing fair and using common sense in cases of conflict.

What would interest me is the rule about leaving local during slaying. If I understood correctly, this is important mainly if not solely for dragons/hatchlings where the hide or scale is distributed among all in reach so that bystanders would leech from the finders and slayers. In all other cases I know (I may be wrong) only the blood is given to everybody in local, and I fail to see an advantage for the slayers in removing bystanders. If I am right, wouldn't it suffice to enforce the rule about leaving local in cases of dragons only?

Bunch of the "Claim" rules seem fishy... or odd.. like being in local and doing .. 'random actions'.. digging/mining etc..
Pro tip if you wanted to 'tag' unique ... implement a feature to spyglass it.. and press a key.. to 'tag' it.. than as long you're in local with it.. tag of player's name remains on it.. if a player drags it out of the local.. well... rip tag.. and a new tag could be pinned on it.. etc..
pff.. it will be a .... mess to figure who was there first with current rules.. event log times could be changed, if they are server-side recorded.. it just makes it less common to happen.

The rule stay out of local when there's a slaying.. seems weird... #.#.
If you know x unique is being killed there now.. and you're there.. or could be at the time it happens.. and you're not interfering... what are you doing wrong by being in local.. with your 1 char or 100 alts? If devs want to change the mechanic.. make it not local.. force the potion/scale/hide giving to 5-10-15 tiles or whatever of that sort instead of being at a random place with 10-30 random people and accidentally winning a ban for getting .40 scale and a potion by chance. Because the rules just fix that this is your fate if you randomly happen to be at the wrong time and place...(wtf)

The rules mostly protect the unique hunters(most common party have been abusing these for years now and they get further protection - what?) and yea.. puts a bit more concrete over the currently still broken system imo(as polishing, rather than actual fix).. 
Why broken.. not much if anything have changed with the issues from the old one!

What the... do I mean by that... it's mostly same people.. who do the same things.. and strip the content from other players... wait, not just players, customers..
Why do I think that is wrong? It's content depriving the mass to get a few more bucks to a few players.. when this is the ONLY way to get this resource. 

Maybe a random thought but... I think this is a sign that there wont be an improvement to the uniques, and the last half-solution as perfect it might seem.. it didn't change much.

I refuse to buy gear from the content abusers, why abusers, twitter alerts, nether spawn general points and use of simple math to optimize the finding of uniques, that have just been how things have gone in the past 2-3 years.. right off the bat when unique tome/charge/bone drops were boosted, it slowly started to sharpen their apetite for the worth of these items to the point where this content was there to pay for these "people's rent or who knows, but it seems like they need all the help they could net from the game to keep gong IRL", while content faded from the game for the most of the other players/well.. also customers.

Might seem funny to some, but while it was a fun feature before, now it's a sad trash reality in the game.

I can't make myself play or pay about such entertainment.

What's left for me if there's no improvement to this?
To quit or sell, I do not want to buy gear from these people, I definitely wont be playing with such broken 'end game gear content'. What do I do than?
What do you do than? Should I play with these people? ####### no.

Why do I call it abuse?
Automating twitter alerts are a bit meta gaming...

using/abusing simple math to get BEST directions/route to cover maps with a pendulum; it's acting like a bot to achive the best results, ##### that when it comes to wurm-ing, I thought this was supposed to be 'realistic', not make the best bot reaction model to get our end game content.
* (call it strategy, but IT DOES STRIP ANY ENJOYMENT from the regular player when you simply bot solution the equation); wait replace player with customer, that's what they get.. frustration over people botting this on the second things used to happen.

'used to happen', you'll still stick to this.. well it still happens.. what changed, nothing, most of the kills are with same named, so does the change work?

Sure pendulums were removed.. biomes spawn point changed as they were abused before, what's left is the simple math/tile/directions to cover the right paths to see the terrain with eyeballs.

Edited by Finnn
  • Cat 1

6 hours ago, Finnn said:

using/abusing simple math to get BEST directions/route to cover maps with a pendulum; it's acting like a bot to achive the best results, ##### that when it comes to wurm-ing, I thought this was supposed to be 'realistic', not make the best bot reaction model to get our end game content.

6 hours ago, Finnn said:

what's left is the simple math/tile/directions to cover the right paths to see the terrain with eyeballs.

do you have proof of this happening, or do you take a wild guess in your head and convince yourself it's right, because i know for a fact when i was finding most of the uniques it was just me on a hellhorse sprinting around the map at 48km/h spamming pendulum/reveal runes with little care for past spawns, "hotspots" or whatever you wanna call em. if anyone was mathing it out or ripping spawn locations out of WU (which i'm almost certain was a red herring because all the "info" i've been told by people that read WU code didn't match up to spawn patterns in WO at all) they must have sucked really bad at it because i didn't notice anyone coming close ;)

5034c9632a407645dc13b9aa040b8d84.png

I'll just leave this gem here about how you thought i was hunting with a mag/gary priest (neither of those had reveal creatures, or any spells that are used for unique hunting apart from strongwall, but i use shakers?) just to showcase how wild your claims can be lol. You've got quite the defeatist attitude towards unique hunting, and because you seem to be incapable of figuring out why you and your group aren't finding the uniques, you make up these weird hypothetical situations that paint the other group as "abusers" that math out efficient spawns after the changes because they got lucky and found more uniques than you, when in reality, they're just playing the game same as you and happened upon uniques. Maybe they hunt mobs more than you, maybe they travel across the server doing missions, maybe they like visiting other peoples deeds while you cry on the forums about how unfair it is.

If someone finds uniques after the changes to spawns and no twitter messages, they're either luckier than you, have more friends that they search with than you, or leave deed more than you. I highly doubt there's anyone mathing out efficient search paths (if you find one call em a nerd for me), there's nobody "abusing" systems, you just have an awful attitude towards a certain part of the game and should probably relax and calm down. Or perhaps shut it out and pretend uniques just don't exist in the game, it'll do wonders for your mental health if you don't have to harbor anger towards others like that.

• Like 2

'wild claims', have to start somewhere, wildest possibility was that you use network of alts to login and look around with(not mine but)...

I chose to believe that can't be the sad reality you live in to farm money in wurm. Not like you do not prove to do anything that pays well for little effort.. but that seemed like chinese gold farmer's work, just thought it's below most people's bar of job to fill..

Judging by the amount of gems you were buying at some point, at really dirt cheap price.. that assumption was a straight 10.. what you actually used the favor for.. I can not care less, just added 2 and 2 at the time.
It's not like with 1 or 2 unique kills you weren't able to buy any usable priest to aid the hunt with the mentioned favor from gems.
Shakers... you've been buying these in trade chat with your main char, it was obvious what you use for collapsing entrances.

I do not care about analyzing you, I just figured what could work so well.. to achieve such results, which seem to do better than multiple people roaming around the map doing the same thing.. and somehow you managing to get at the right spot often faster, 48 vs 40+ speed.. doesnt seem like a big difference.. add the multiple pair of eyes.. odds somehow do not add up.

Judging by the talks about nethers and so on some time ago.. seems like you've been using some of that information.. for the hunts while others haven't.

I don't have a group, did it with other people for the fun, not as a silver/gold source and only on 1 or 2 servers. It was more of community event, than payday. Something extra to do in the game once in a while, while also gives you another goal in the long term. Also kept a few newer people in the game happy.

"Defeatist attitude".. can't care less who swipes the money, but if relatively same names pop up.. there must be a trick to pinatas.
Also it's a good hint that something isn't working too well as intended, sadly nothing changed to keep it entertaining for everybody.
I'm well aware and not pushing to be on top of anything, not like it's my 1st game to play, I did push to learn things.. I just do not strive to use all I know, it's beyond the point of interest for me; I'm a lot chill-er now.
Don't worry about my health, not losing a bit over this, these's fine line I do not cross early on when I notice things in games. 
I know what a person who can not lose looks like, I'm far from that, but also I do not believe you've done this all that fairly as you describe, seems too utopian and I'm not that of a dreamer.

Seemed like twitter alerts and your response action draws down to 5minutes at times, asap unique spawns - you pop on the server it happened and throw a message in freedom that you're there - all know why.
20-30 minutes later.. sometimes 40 to make it look better.. you're already penning the unique, seemed like the most common situation.
You're getting just 'lucky' all these times? "How lucky indeed.."

No anger issues, just content that is now not there, as somebody with somehow more efficient way claims luck helps a lot to score.

• Cat 1

On 12/7/2019 at 6:56 PM, Wargasm said:

You know, I've killed my fair share of uniques (41 on Freedom, Chaos and Epic combined according to Niarja) and I don't consider myself to be a unique hoarder by any stretch of the imagination.  Of these 41 Unique slayings, only one comes to mind as having necessitated GM intervention, and it was one in which the unique was actively being killed, and some jerk that was still convinced he had made the claim (and was trying to pen it) was attempting to bandage the dragon to heal any damage we would cause.  

The Wurm community, although far diminished in population from "the good ole days", has survived just fine for 10+ years without the need for formalized GM "babysitting" of unique sightings, claims, captures and slayings.  Such bad behavior by players should fall under the "play nice or we'll rip your heart out" thread previously posted by Enki.  I refuse to believe that a blanket policy, which has been an unspoken rule for the last 10 years needs to be enforced by the staff for a population 10% the size of what it was before.

I'm very disappointed that Enki had to make that post, but I'm even more disappointed by what I read in it...

So if my "alt" (which is a fairly broad term, especially in the world of PvP) enters local of a unique fight, I could be banned?  By design, any premium account can (and will) receive loot from a slain unique within their local.  I, like many other players, have several characters that I play (priests etc)…. so these "alts" run the risk of being banned?  Unique slayings, impalongs and public gatherings like Rifts are half of the reason why the new priest spell Summon Soul was implemented in the first place!  But now it's only allowed if you're on the Unique "white list"?  BULL !#@$#%

This level of petty non-sense is a clear de-evolution of what this game used to be, with regard to the need to both make and reinforce rules like these that have been laid down by Enki.  Not only does it open the door for "gray" interpretation of an already murky rule, (digging dirt in local of a dragon before anyone else makes it my claim?  REALLY?) but also paves the way for additional "rules" to be imposed on an already dying community by a select few who suddenly see it best to micro-manage the player experience, despite the very small percentage of the population who still bother to steal   find all the uniques.  

I am with Wargasm in this. But more than anything, I find it rather insulting how staff results to threats of a ban instead of actually fixing the mechanics to achieve that which they want. 

Why not make it so only people who actually engage the mob in combat and cause damage get drops? It would avoid some random person riding through and getting in the drop table by virtue of being in local. We already know by experience how accurate the GM team is when handing out bans, so leaving anything to chance in an instance like this is rather worrying.

Don't fix with bans what you are loathe to fix with development. Its counterproductive. If the mechanics allow it, it should then be allowed, or the mechanics changed.

• Like 6

I belive this is about stealthing a bunch of alts in local, not about newbies getting some drops of blood while watching something they are too weak/unskilled to take part in.

Maybe make it impossible to stealth near uniques?

• Cat 1

27 minutes ago, Cecci said:

Maybe make it impossible to stealth near uniques?

you could abuse that to find uniques pretty easily, seeing as blood/scale drop range is local range

Rules..  Rules.. Rules...  Make bannable offences?  How would a new player, many of which will never come to these forums, know these rules?  The game allows one to do things, yet its enforced with a ban?  This..  seems very extreme.  I would say if the game allows you to do it then its allowed.  If the Devs want some type of ownership of uniques to be made upon first sighting, then code it into the game.  If some jackwagon comes in and "heals" the dragon while its being slayed, the issue is game mechanics..  Solutions could be: At that point the person healing the dragon should be targetable by others (if there's no game mechanic for ownership).  Problem solved without banning, smuck gets killed.  Or, a larger party comes in and steals your kill.

Bannable offences should be left for metagame issues of hacking,  harassment and IRL interference (doxxing, threatening [threatening real life, not in game toons]), etc.  Exploiting game bugs which are marked by Devs for correction (non-intended coding issues) could be a tolerable offense to warn people, then ban (short term fix for a bad piece of code).

Griefing rules seem to overwhelmingly permeate non-pvp games/servers/instances.  Someone can invade your space but your restricted by game mechanics from smacking the crap out of them (in game), but they arent restricted by game mechanics from invading your space..  Heres a game-developer treatise on PVP I thought made an interesting read:  Developer thoughts on PVP from Haven and Hearth

But..  you know..  These are thoughts from some new-guy schmuck, it only matters to me.  Take that for what its worth, which is 1-2 premium paid accounts.

EDIT:  Or make uniques only spawn in PVP servers.  Giving incentive to cash in with extra risk.  No ban needed with this.

Edited by Actuarius
  • Like 3
  • Cat 1

10 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

Don't fix with bans what you are loathe to fix with development. Its counterproductive. If the mechanics allow it, it should then be allowed, or the mechanics changed.

Yeah, for sure, though it's true that some things are too complicated to be captured in game mechanics. There is a place for rules as well. But try to fix it with mechanics first.

The thing about having to leave the area, that's just weird. Other games cover this issue just fine with tag mechanics, and at any rate if I saw a slaying I wasn't involved in I would want to hang around just to see the spectacle. I wouldn't expect to get loot just for being in the area.

48 minutes ago, Lisimba said:

Yeah, for sure, though it's true that some things are too complicated to be captured in game mechanics. There is a place for rules as well. But try to fix it with mechanics first.

The thing about having to leave the area, that's just weird. Other games cover this issue just fine with tag mechanics, and at any rate if I saw a slaying I wasn't involved in I would want to hang around just to see the spectacle. I wouldn't expect to get loot just for being in the area.

I agree that the system itself is all udders-up. Rewarding people for -just- being in local is an asinine system. Its like claiming a mob on another mmo and then having to roll your reward with those who don't participate. Unique drama aside, this mechanic incentivises lazyness and foments drama.

But banning people is not the answer, especially on a game that such a tiny playerbase.

For example, lets take Lambq the Chinese player. Lambq is a player that barely speaks the language and never goes to the forums. Here is Lambq strolling around Deliverance on his cart looking for a place to mine gold. Suddenly Lambq's local fills with a group of 12 people. Curious by the group, Lambq goes searching and ends up finding the dragon fight! So Lambq sits in local to watch the fight.

But the hunting team doesn't know who Lambq is and send him messages to leave local. Lambq ignores the messages because he cannot understand them. So the hunting team finishes their kill and call a GM. GM shows up, tries to converse with Lambq to no avail, assumes he is an alt and bans him.

This scenario leaves a legitimate player with no ill intentions banned and with no recourse to appeal their ban because he doesn't even speak the language. What does this ban accomplish? Sure, we can argue that this scenario would never happen because GMs would do a thorough investigation, but please, we know this is not the case. Incidents much more simpler than this have resulted in bans that have had to be reverted (after arduous appeals). 

Bans should always be a last resort, and not handed out willy nilly as the go-to punishment for minor offenses. And yes, being in local of an Unique slaying is the definition of a minor offense.

Set the loot to be received by those who engage and cause damage to the creature instead of being in local. You do it for skill gains and titles already, why not loot? It will solve 98.5% of the issues and would eliminate the need for a ban.

Lets advocate for more people on our game, not less!

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

3 hours ago, Actuarius said:

How would a new player, many of which will never come to these forums, know these rules?  The game allows one to do things, yet its enforced with a ban?  This..  seems very extreme.  I would say if the game allows you to do it then its allowed.

As a player you have to know all the mechanics and the bugs in the game as you might get a ban for exploit or something, funny part is that even the devs doesn't understand all the mechanics in place, then they expect players to understand. WOGIC. ps, playing the game is getting too complex, i might have to retire soon if this goes on. 

Edited by Themystrix

1 hour ago, Angelklaine said:

Set the loot to be received by those who engage and cause damage to the creature instead of being in local. You do it for skill gains and titles already, why not loot? It will solve 98.5% of the issues and would eliminate the need for a ban.

We have been discussing that in terms of actual player count impacted loot (scale and hide). It's a good idea and hopefully it can be discussed with the dev team. 

• Cat 1

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

We have been discussing that in terms of actual player count impacted loot (scale and hide). It's a good idea and hopefully it can be discussed with the dev team. 

I honestly think it would fix the issue. That along with the new griefing rules should do nicely. You could even make the hide/scale be dropped as a result of butchering. But if the idea is to preserve the current system, then is better to limit it to participation.