Sign in to follow this  
tamat

About: The Hunters Guide of Proper Unique Creature Hunting Etiquette

Ok, so exclude everybody except fighting veterans to get a drop`?

You want more rage quitters really?

• Cat 1

1 hour ago, Cecci said:

Ok, so exclude everybody except fighting veterans to get a drop`?

You want more rage quitters really?

QoL dont mean make the game easier! is the same actitude than here with "etiquette".

Just more protection to the same folk, nobody else can get the uniques because not part of a group so no chance of know when will be the hunt.
the groups hunting only vets and alts, only if you get lucky get blood from public slays usually the drops are reserved...

Edited by tamat

42 minutes ago, tamat said:

QoL dont mean make the game easier!

How is leaving it possible for people to watch the fight and get a drop of blood making game easier?

That is alredy existing code Tamat.

7 minutes ago, Cecci said:

How is leaving it possible for people to watch the fight and get a drop of blood making game easier?

That is alredy existing code Tamat.

talking about "toxic" actitude.

Unique have an easy fix, dont let theme enter on caves and server wide reward for slain, so even if the same groups get them everybody get the drops.
Removing tomes and bones would be a nice idea too

17 hours ago, tamat said:

talking about "toxic" actitude.

Unique have an easy fix, dont let theme enter on caves and server wide reward for slain, so even if the same groups get them everybody get the drops.
Removing tomes and bones would be a nice idea too

I'm going to give you an alternative.

Make unique 'eggs' drop from other events, such as rifts or random digging like bones do. Make them super rare, sure. That person gets to do whatever the hell they want with the egg. Burn it, eat it, sacc it, or grow and kill it. Whatever. Make this in addition to hunting uniques. 

That way no one has a monopoly on uniques. Its been years and years since Uniques were released. The game is nowhere near as big as it once was. Let people get and organize these events. Problem solved.

"people" were left to organize these on their own, and some thought that filled wallets are better than more happy faces around the game. So that idea didn't work that well at some point.. or community lost most of their most active players and no competition's left to make the old mechanic viable, while at the same time reward is the same, even got a buff at some point scale/hide weight and tome/charge chance.

If there will be eggs.. I'd rather make them solo-able to kill.. than making, else we're near back at square 1.. having to hatch, feed and wait for these to grow, meanwhile it's possible to create new dramas around stolen from caves uniques, etc..

Also imagining average Joe vs unique does not seem like other than a horror story.

While if such eggs were something like champ troll trong and giving less hide for just the killer.. could be a lot easier to manage.. and opens more possibilities to play around it.. (selling, buting 100, slaying them all after breaking the egg if rewards are the same and age doesnt matter, etc..)

Only thing to worry is that.. un-human behavior will emerge.... digging all day on dirt/tar/ or whatever to 'find' such eggs........

Why the .. am I so sure, idk what happens with every new content and wurmian's brain and actions every single time new fun thing is implemented and possible to profit from?

2 hours ago, Finnn said:

"people" were left to organize these on their own, and some thought that filled wallets are better than more happy faces around the game. So that idea didn't work that well at some point.. or community lost most of their most active players and no competition's left to make the old mechanic viable, while at the same time reward is the same, even got a buff at some point scale/hide weight and tome/charge chance.

If there will be eggs.. I'd rather make them solo-able to kill.. than making, else we're near back at square 1.. having to hatch, feed and wait for these to grow, meanwhile it's possible to create new dramas around stolen from caves uniques, etc..

Also imagining average Joe vs unique does not seem like other than a horror story.

While if such eggs were something like champ troll trong and giving less hide for just the killer.. could be a lot easier to manage.. and opens more possibilities to play around it.. (selling, buting 100, slaying them all after breaking the egg if rewards are the same and age doesnt matter, etc..)

Only thing to worry is that.. un-human behavior will emerge.... digging all day on dirt/tar/ or whatever to 'find' such eggs........

Why the .. am I so sure, idk what happens with every new content and wurmian's brain and actions every single time new fun thing is implemented and possible to profit from?

The griefing rules change has made "freeing" these uniques now to be considered griefing. Any player could grow their own uniques in their own deed, pen it without contest, and gather a group of people to kill it. Or if they cannot/do not want to get a group, they can sell the egg. Or make a public slaying like anyone else if everything else fails. The only thing that would change is an added way to get uniques, taking away the monopoly hunting groups have on these.

I don't see how that can possibly be a bad thing.

Edit: 

Also, if you add the eggs on top of the random spawns (Instead of just replacing the spawns) it doesn't take away from the hunting groups. If the fear of overloading the market with hide/scale is a concern, then half the drop amounts for uniques and release the eggs at the same rate you'd release an unique. 

Edited by Angelklaine

I can't wait to do absolutely nothing and get rewarded anyway

• Like 4

Lol, I agree. As far as I know the possibility to breed dragons from eggs has been in the game and has been removed due to numerous issues.

I must say that I consider the unique discussion fairly overblown. The gains from unique hunting at least nowadays appear tiny, with drake sets on the market around 50s and scale under 200s, with private slaying groups usually consisting of 5-10 players (if niarja is right), tomes etc. in a similar range if at all, and a single kill being not sufficient for a full set, and tomes etc. only random on humanoid uniques if I am informed correctly. So the "profit" therefrom seems tiny and more elusive compared with, say, just creating and selling dirt or bricks to name a few. 

And I owe a lot of fun to those who set up public slayings during my playtime, and am hopefully looking forward for more in the time coming. I have a lot of respect for all who render services to the community, no matter whether working on public communications, or organizing events of whichever kind.

What I would love would be incentives for more public slaying such as, say (just a rough idea), guaranteeing the deed owner of the pen a share of, say 20-30% of the hide/scale loot, no idea how to manage it with the non dragon uniques.

Edited by Ekcin

5 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

As far as I know the possibility to breed dragons from eggs has been in the game and has been removed due to numerous issues.

It's still possible. Not worth the effort required.

Maybe now that finding uniques is almost entirely rng you'll find someone perma-penning uniques to do it though, seeing as they can get people banned for trying to interfere :ph34r:

Edited by Oblivionnreaver
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

It's still possible. Not worth the effort required.

Maybe now that finding uniques is almost entirely rng you'll find someone perma-penning uniques to do it though, seeing as they can get people banned for trying to interfere :ph34r:

Not that you'd ever do such.a thing.

*Shifty eyes*

❤️

• Like 2

Maybe someone shouldnt have been such a killjoy and try to grief players who are trying to pen/kill uniques countless times to the point where a document like this needed to be written up in the first place 😕

1 change i would make to this document which would be cut the fluff clearly define the changes no vague rules that make no sense unless you take it in the context of "add this to this and now it makes sense" eg the no alt thing
But thats me i just prefer clean simple rules over loads of fun fluff when it comes to stuff like that but besides that its still nicely written bit of stuff

for all those, who just want a game content of killing dragons etc, come over to epic! your skills transfer, items are easy to craft, i can personally show you the locations of all the uniques and we can all kill them together. yes, you cant transfer the loot back to freedom cluster, but once again, i would gladly hold it for you on epic! never been that easy, just pm me ;)

• Like 1

On 12/7/2019 at 6:07 PM, Retrograde said:

The alts comment isn't about not being able to bring alts as preordained with your slaying group. It's about hiding alts in a slaying you are not welcome in in order to gain a share of the loot and lessen the spread between the people actively invited. 

We would rather not have these guidelines in place either, but there has been a rise of harassment and griefing with uniques to the point that we as a gm team need to know what action to take and our reasoning behind it.

With that in place we have made it transparent so players know what to expect and how we will approach any situation. 

Hopefully it's never needed as Nd sits as strange fluff 

So does that mean that uniques can only offer up a finite amount of resources (Dragons and the blood/scales that they immediately give to all nearby people on the moment of demise) in a given area?  That if people start throwing out alts in a spot, they get those scales and some of those that actually did the hard work go without?  Or is it a case of "they got scales and blood without contributing to the battle and that's not cool?"  I agree that if it is that bad, it should be set to that those that hit the creature get the spoils of it, especially if it is on the rise.  Otherwise, they're not hurting those that are a part of the slaying group.  It'd be different if these people were doing something that is actively hindering the slaying group from getting their rewards.

1 minute ago, Zahnweh said:

So does that mean that uniques can only offer up a finite amount of resources (Dragons and the blood/scales that they immediately give to all nearby people on the moment of demise) in a given area?  That if people start throwing out alts in a spot, they get those scales and some of those that actually did the hard work go without? 

drakes and dragons have a random amount of loot to give out, around 2.5-10kg for dragons and 1.5-6kg for drakes iirc, that's split between everyone in local. so like, if a dragon dropped 5kg scale, and theres 20 people in local, everyone would get 0.25kg scale. if there was 20 people and 20 alts, everyone would get 0.125. it's why public slayings give so little, when you're splitting it between 100+ people, you get very little per person. the bloods are a flat 1 per person so more people in local doesn't effect them. 

iirc, anyone under 35 strength and 70 fs/not a priest gets like, 30-50% less hide/scale to deter new alts draining scale, but most peoples alts are priests anyway 😅

• Like 1

Hypothetical. Slaying is held in local of a deed. Does this mean the players of said deed has to stop their gameplay and leave the area? Just asking cause this could possibly arise.

• Like 1

If you are on your deed, you are not breaking any rules by being on your land that YOU paid for.