Sign in to follow this  
lowborn

favorite movie and why

I am running out of good movies.

What is your favorite movie and why?

My second favorite is Training Day. A gangster cop movie.

My most favorite movie was voted one of the worst and it is Water World.

There are many reasons why I love this movie but if you don't know them then I cant not explain it. Just watch it again three times.

My third favorite is Les Misérables. Again I do not have enough words to explain why. Sorry. 

Edited by lowborn
  • Like 1

I dont really have a favorite movie because usually my preferences change quite often but what i can recommend is watching Edward Norton movies.

He is not your typical good looker 007 hollywood star (so had to break thru and stay up thru work and talent) and he does not feature in bad movies.

My current one would be Interstellar.

I love sci-fi movies and it's a sci-fi movie, but also much more than that - philosophical experience, full of things to think about, plot twists and situations that carry real weight with them. If someone didn't watched it yet - it's a masterpiece, give it a shot even if you dislike sci-fi movies. :)

• Like 2

Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo (The Good, The Bad and The Ugly)

I love westerns, I love Clint Eastwood, I love the soundtrack, I watched it like a million times, and it is probably time for me to watch it again.

• Like 1

Cloud Atlas.

The story, the music, the message, how it was directed, everything :)

I usually like sci-fi movies the best. Can't think of a favorite off hand but this 2014 film with Tom Cruise called Edge of Tomorrow was very enjoyable, funny theme through all the violent repeated dying.

" A soldier fighting aliens gets to relive the same day over and over again, the day restarting every time he dies."

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Always been a big horror movie fan.

Usually a toss-up between The Exorcist (1973) or The Shining (1980).

The voice while possessed of Reagan was always unnerving to me (in a good way) and influenced some of my own recording stuff I do in spare time.

As for the Shining, well I mean it's Jack Nicholson....the man's just ridiculous in a very entertaining way.

• Like 1

The Scream movies, because I grew up watching it. when I was searching for halloween costumes one time when I was around ten years old , I found the ghostface mask online and I was intrigued from the start. I just loved the way it looked and thought it looked very interesting..I then found out it was used in the movies and wanted to watch them...then my passion grew from there :)

Edited by Jaclyn

monster hunter and shadow in the cloud are awesome movies forgot evil dead 123

Edited by christopher
add

Some of my favourites;

• The Princess Bride  -  I will explain.  There is no time to explain; I will sum up - Wally Shawn, Andre Roussimoff, Cary Elwes, Mandy Patinkin.  
  • Undercover Blues  -  Morty!
  • The Prestige  -  Are you watching closely? (seriously, you need to watch it a second time to really appreciate the plot and the brilliant use of theme).

My 2nd most favourite movie is;

• Ed Wood's Bride of the Monster  -  for showing that B-grade could be aspirational (i.e. it aspires so much to make it to B-grade)

My favourite movie is;

• Plan 9 From Outer Space  -  also from Ed Wood.  for showing that plot, productions values, acting, even simple coherence, could all be aspirational.  Seriously it is so bad it comes out the other side excruciating but enjoyable. 

If you can't get either of those then at least watch Tim Burton's biopic on him.

Special mention goes to some old Bolivian (I think) silent film with a cigarette smoking, woman kissing (sometimes simultaneously), saloon towing Latin American Robin Hood type bandit that a friend and I found while channel surfing.  I have no idea what it was called or who made it, but it had that ineffable  "What the hell was that?" quality.

EDIT:  That silent movie - this reminded me of it so I did a little digging.  I think it was a Fairbanks movie.  The Gaucho, a 1927 American/Argentinian silent movie.  I don't know for sure, though, so now I am going to have to find that movie and see if it is the one I think it is, and if it isn't I am gonna have to find out what movie it actually is.  Nice going, internet.

Edited by TheTrickster

Oh, also, almost anything with Gary Oldman, or Sam Rockwell.

A lot of actors just play themselves (I am thinking Will Smith, Sam Jackson etc) but Oldman and Rockwell disappear into their characters.

Edited by TheTrickster