Sign in to follow this  
Nirav

The trees are blobs.

I have heard from just about everyone that since the big tree update, the trees are awesome, and render in the distance.  Ever since that update, the trees past about 15 tiles are blobs for me, and render first as a grey kind of crosshatch grid before becoming recognizable as trees.  I have tried changing my settings, talking to other players, changing them again, giving up for a month, trying again with other players helping, and nothing has helped.  Like is shown here, they are cool looking up close, and weird blobs thereafter.  https://pasteboard.co/IJEjZBF.png  Pretty trees on or off, same thing.  Render distance far or close, same thing.  Shadows on or off, same.  FPS limit on or off, same.  I feel like I have tried every single setting.  It seems to be less pronounced on Jackal, which is also really strange.  I would like things to look awesome, as I know they do because I can see other people's posts of images of Wurm. Can anyone help with this?

can you post your console.charactername.log file? It might not show the .log extension depending on your windows settings.

Is this by chance on a laptop that might use switchable graphics (intel for battery-saving, plus a dedicated high performance card for gaming), as sometimes those have difficulty identifying a java based program as a game, and automatically switch to power saving mode.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

That's definitely just the Texture Quality option in the settings.

• Like 1

This is not a laptop, but I don't know where to get the console chatactername log file.  I will try messing with texture quality