Sign in to follow this  
Schiann

Oak Harbour - Independence (South Freedom Isles) - all skill levels welcome

z6t8HZZ.jpg
View from Crystal Lake

Oak Harbour is located at M21 on the in-game map, right on the eastern shore of Crystal Lake.  It's a nice, quiet area with rarely seen neighbors, and loads of open space nearby, for those who prefer a bit of elbow room. We've been located at this spot for 13+ years now, so there is a lot of history and a strong bond to the area - meaning we're not going to 'up sticks' and leave you homeless.

The deed has a very large mine, packed with iron of all qualities, and cursed with loads of gold and sandstone. We've also got zinc, tin, copper, silver, and marble. Clay and tar are right on the shore below the bridge. Our adjoining deed, Oak Harbour Farms supplies nearly 1000 tiles of farmland for any aspiring farmers or ranchers. (Oak Harbour Farms has been let go to lower upkeep costs, but the space is still open for farming.)

A large, stocked workshop is open to all villagers, with some basic tools and materials provided. You'd have free reign over a section of land to terraform and build whatever your heart desires. The amount of land is negotiable, depending on how many villagers we have, how active you are, etc., but roughly 10x10 as a general rule. Or, you can just chill in one of the secure apartments inside the castle and make use of the community buildings.  There's also plenty of building space within the mine if you'd like to live as a dwarf!

uv6gtXu.png
If you are offended by the colour pink, I am terribly sorry...

Hunters flourish in the area, as we're surrounded by woodland, and next to the Eastern Plains steppe, which is a great locale for your first forays into fighting.

Please be aware Oak Harbour does not have templars, and the deed isn't fully enclosed, so be prepared to defend yourself against (or hide from) aggros in the area!  There are guard towers that cover the area if you get into a pickle, though.

For the most part, our alliance is made up of folks who play somewhat "hermit" style. We're all happy to help as and when we can, but mostly do our own thing. If you're looking for a village with lots of village-participation activities to get involved in, we are probably not the right fit. However, if you're just after a spot to hang out, craft, build, and maybe jump into a chat about how amazing cheese and bacon are, we've got you covered.

We do not ask for "rent" or "tax" toward the upkeep of the deed or anything else.
While donations to upkeep are certainly welcome, there is zero pressure to spend your hard-earned silver on it.

If you might be interested, leave a reply here, send me a forum PM, or catch me in game, and I will do my best to answer any questions you might have.

No bigots. No beggars. No bullies.

Deed Planner image showing the full deed area:
JMZvxM5.jpg

Edited by Schiann
added some new tags
  • Like 4

We currently have 2 leveled building plots, and a large area of hillside that can be used by those willing to do the work to terraform it.  As always, plenty of space for anyone happy to board in the barracks and make use of the community buildings - perfect for someone planning to set off on their own once they raise their skills and get their footing.

Edited by Schiann

Noobs welcome, as long as they're not too offended by the colour pink. 😆

Hi Ominai,

Just let me know your in-game name, and I'll send you an invite.

I've returned from my time on other servers, and back at Oak Harbour, tidying up.

Several open areas ready for building/terraforming now, if anyone is looking for a place to settle.

Just a little bump, as we've got some new recruits recently and the village is active.