Sign in to follow this  
Benalish

Bulk+chest container unit

A Bulk container unit that would allow us to add chests to the upper part of the container unit, and bsbs to the lower part, for easier keeping of tools and other things unable to be placed into the bsbs, without the need to separate it all around

i'd guess someone already suggested something like this, i just did not find it searching though forum, probably missed it

Chests fit somewhere in.. bsb / large storage unit could possibly be a thing...

Alternatively... these will have to be a new item for storing chests and COFFERS(as it's basically the same item.. but better looking..)

This makes sense to happen as currently to have bunch of chests.. you need a large cart or a wagon inside your house... or to dump a bunch of chests around in a corner... neither is optimal.. to say the least.... while a new container for such could make sorting a storage for many tiny items easier... unless that is a bad thing...(already been around for years.. as cart/wagons with rafts anyway)

I'd personally rather see it as a storage for the chests.. rather than using the chests on the new item to 'lose the chest' in the process.. like with large-storage-unit you 'lose' rafts to create the object.. I'd rather have it as the amphora/wine/small barrel rack kind of storage with option to lock the rack and chests individually, unless complexity blows something wurm-y server side..

--in short--
+1

• Like 1

thought about this to be more aesthetically pleasing, instead of seeing a bunch chests littering the floor, maybe some kind of shelves that we can use the place command to place the chests as we please

IF only chests didn't require 'loading' to move them around,

maybe if it was possible to have a few items "whitelisted" with the option 'place' but not 'take'(in inventory), and while you place such to have shorter range for placement and reduce player movement(to prevent people from moving this/that around with keybinds around the map "at the speed of light...")

9 minutes ago, Benalish said:

thought about this to be more aesthetically pleasing, instead of seeing a bunch chests littering the floor, maybe some kind of shelves that we can use the place command to place the chests as we please

That's more for the RP players who want to turn and align stuff ... I just like the idea to combine bunch of these together(like with Rack storage)... can't say I have much or any chests... but I've seen ugly gatherings of these at one spot.. it's a mess..

Edited by Finnn

I don't use large chests anymore, instead I use large storage units, and small chests or other smaller containers.

Very convenient and can be loaded on (some?) ships.

9 hours ago, Cecci said:

I don't use large chests anymore, instead I use large storage units, and small chests or other smaller containers.

Very convenient and can be loaded on (some?) ships.

How about a chest/coffer rack, containing 6-8-10 of them at 1 place?😱