Sign in to follow this  
Benalish

Qol max free account characteristics

The things that always frustrated me whenever i came back to this game is being unable to ride horses, command carts, and destroying a wall that i misplaced.

Stuff that might not seem important to others make the whole game for some.

most of you said to me and any new players that joined "just get premium, or call someone to destroy your walls", yeah all that is sound and proof, but for some people contacting others to do something for them might be a barrier, maybe a language one, maybe anxiety problems, maybe they just want to be solo, and getting premium for some is just not financially possible, (for me) the time i can have in the game because of work and other chores is limited, as well the cost of premium takes a good chunk of my pay (whilst i did buy premium, but others may not be able).

being able to get your characteristics(and possibly skills) to at least 21 would hugely improve the willingness of new players to stay and even consider getting premium later on.

2s for the first month of premium is not much i know, it's obtainable actually pretty easy, but for new players needing to grind just to get that premium time, is no enjoyment, we just want to explore the game, get to know it, find out how stuff works and have fun, being limited on such simple things is a big turnoff

i would like you to be honest to me on this post, thank you all in advance

Maybe the whole point of the f2p is to be a good demo without an end date? You get to play the game indefinitely but if you want to truly enjoy it... you have to spend on it.. as it's after all a subscription model game.. if all good things were given for free. why pay for premium?

First premium month is as low as 2silver, which you could play and get one or another way.. It's far from 'impossible' to get to 21.x Mind Logic or Body Control, 23 Body Strength..

Have in mind... once premium runs out.. if you die.. and lose random skill.. you could eventually go below the needed to ride a cart/horse/etc...

IF the game wasn't a sub model game.. I'd agree, but.. you need a hook to give you the reason to prem up.. and to want to keep being a prem, would you agree?

if the game was bigger and more populated yes, then i would think that way, but looking how fast people are leaving, even on a daily basis i see people saying goodbye wurm

and nearly every new player gets turned away from it, i think at least some changes should be added.

maybe restrictions, like riding speed and riding faster horses, being able to destroy only a few walls, that would be okay i'd say

So this suggestion is to allow non premium players who have never bought premium able to reach 21 stats to ride horses, command ships and bash things? 

• Like 1

kind of, still would take them time to reach it, but restrictions on speed and number(or timed cooldown) bashing of walls could apply on free accounts

i'd say just start them at 23 str and 21 body control/mind logic and don't let them bash off deed stuff until they've bought prem atleast once, horses and ridable carts are almost a necessity to play the game, shouldn't be locked behind a grind/pay wall

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

maybe it would be better if it was unlocked for them to reach it instead on starting on it

body/skill choke points for the nice stuff in the game, making things a lot easier(what that means.. try building a house with a f2p new char and dragging a cart around with logs, bricks, clay, etc.. without knowing how several mechanics work, you'll get what that means)

Vehicle Mind Logic
Large cart 20.10
Small sailing boat 20.10
Ship transporter 20.10
Wagon 21.00
Corbita 21.05

Body control required Action/Mount
<20 Cow
21 Horse

Body Str. - Limits:
You need 20 Body Strength to destroy pavement.
You need 20.10 Body Strength to dig on roads.
You need 21 Body Strength to destroy fences, walls, or buildings.

23body strength for loading in large cart/wagon/sailing boat/corbita/etc?

Edited by Finnn

2 hours ago, Finnn said:

Maybe the whole point of the f2p is to be a good demo without an end date? You get to play the game indefinitely but if you want to truly enjoy it... you have to spend on it.. as it's after all a subscription model game.. if all good things were given for free. why pay for premium?

First premium month is as low as 2silver, which you could play and get one or another way.. It's far from 'impossible' to get to 21.x Mind Logic or Body Control, 23 Body Strength..

Have in mind... once premium runs out.. if you die.. and lose random skill.. you could eventually go below the needed to ride a cart/horse/etc...

IF the game wasn't a sub model game.. I'd agree, but.. you need a hook to give you the reason to prem up.. and to want to keep being a prem, would you agree?

No because the game has lost so many players anywho. 

• Like 1

I suggested allowing riding horses at half speed with no body control requirements. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nygen said:

I suggested allowing riding horses at half speed with no body control requirements. 

Hmm that might imply that riding speed should be tied to body control skill. They could rewamp whole model and remove restrictions and instead tie speeds to ml for boats/carts, bc for animals, that migh be interesting

The more never-premed players are allowed to do, then the less need any premium players  have for other players.   This is an MMO.   Society is a part if it.   

I started the game and knew I wanted to be a wanderer.   Getting the ML to ride a cart was literally just a result of building.   What I felt at the time was a necessity.   Getting the coin to premium up the first time was just a matter of playing the game.  Killing and digging.  Was quite simple and didn't require much effort.  And if the traders have coin, it is even quicker.  

if your economic situation is that in game silver is a substantial amount of money - then selling silver might be a better plan! Getting magical coins is not overly difficult.   Getting a lot them is what people complain about.  

when I played eve online, I thought - awesome - I can pay for my premium through my in game effort.  It is a long, long grind to achieve that.  That made sense, and feels quite similar to Wurm in time and effort.   

The most annoying thing I had to do to be successful in my wanderer plans was the 23 body strength to load.  I grinded digging and woodcuttting for days. It was mind numbing.  The result was game changing, however.  It allowed me to finally take my efforts with me.   I would support a change to that.  

Being stuck at 20 skill on everything when my premium runs out is enough for me to premium back up when I come back.  The failures are enough to frustrate the money out of my pockets.  

but I am rambling - I support a deeper look at how new players experience the game.  But your arguments aren't fleshed out enough for me.  

Edited by Arishok
Mind logic
  • Like 1
  • Cat 1

that and by not making money to pay for continued development, though I imagine alot alot of free time has gone into development too. Games do not get built and improved for free.

if a games financial future rests on needing to pay to ride a horse there's some big boy issues there

theres so much of the game blocked by money, time, frustration, etc that core basics like riding a horse and loading should be more attainable and available to all

• Like 4

How about allowing non-premium players to ride a horse, but every 10 minutes they fall off?

8 minutes ago, Palgolak said:

How about allowing non-premium players to ride a horse, but every 10 minutes they fall off?

Lmfao, such evil

I love it for the cruelty.  Hate it cause, well... yeah.  

In Nov 2011, on Indy - there was an average of 1400 premium players, and an average of 242 online.   There was also an average of 20k creatures. 

Today,  there is an average of 380 premiums, with 56 online, and 29k creatures.   

So from approximately 80 creatures per players online to over 500 per player online today.  Half that for approximation of hostile creatures.  

I distinctly remember wanting to quit MANY times over not being able to move or skill up due to injuries and death.   Not being able to heal or eat - thus not skilling - not getting ore or cotton or healing covers - and failing many times to heal - just making it worse.  This was 3 years ago.   Meanwhile in havens, a new player - who has been very active for many weeks - was ashamed he was running from a wildcat.  

once you reach 20-30s in several skills the games learning curve and difficulty suddenly drop off.  Until then, it can be one tough assed mountain to climb.  

I think there is a great deal to consider in the experiences of a new player today vs yesteryear.  

Edited by Arishok
Clean up
  • Like 2

On 12/3/2019 at 8:17 PM, Retrograde said:

So this suggestion is to allow non premium players who have never bought premium able to reach 21 stats to ride horses, command ships and bash things? 

they can, is called mind stealer, use it in a weapon and give it to non prem, start killing animals and see what happens

ms overrides f2p limitations? Probably not intended feature...

Visually it does, but actually going to use it does not, the skills still capped it just looks over 

On 12/4/2019 at 3:25 AM, nygen said:

terrible idea... nubs are going to be zerg'd by mobs in the wild.... slow vs hound = lunch

On 12/4/2019 at 1:20 PM, kochinac said:

Hmm that might imply that riding speed should be tied to body control skill. They could rewamp whole model and remove restrictions and instead tie speeds to ml for boats/carts, bc for animals, that migh be interesting

I'd expect bunch of buffed kids from macros, doing archery, etc for the bc to get faster. it's no-brainer that it will happen with such benefit.

What if you get regular speed on a horse without the body control requirements, but none of the boosts apply? So no extra speed from traits, horse shoes, etc. You can get around alright on a random horse you find in the wild (which has no boosts to begin with) but if you want to make full use of a tricked out horse you'd need to get the body control somehow.

40 minutes ago, Lisimba said:

What if you get regular speed on a horse without the body control requirements, but none of the boosts apply? So no extra speed from traits, horse shoes, etc. You can get around alright on a random horse you find in the wild (which has no boosts to begin with) but if you want to make full use of a tricked out horse you'd need to get the body control somehow.

Rather just implement a run keybind that boosts your speed at the cost of stamina. 

It's a tough draw, perhaps we can look at something to make the game more appealing while starting out there

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Rather just implement a run keybind that boosts your speed at the cost of stamina. 

It's a tough draw, perhaps we can look at something to make the game more appealing while starting out there

Can we have jump keybind aswell while we are at it :P

P.S. yeah, i know the mess of people jumping in eachother roofless houses and jumping over low fences that will create

Could always keep it impossible to jump over fences and off bridges. From other games it's clear that what people like most is to just bounce around like a rubber ball while walking 😀