Sign in to follow this  
diddakoi

[Customisation] I didn't get to chose my character gender

I recently bought and downloaded Wurm Unlimited through Steam and did not get the choice of being Female or Male at start up. I can't find a way to choose - can someone please help?

When you login to a server for the first time you have the option of choosing. 

If it's wurm online you choose at time of registration

Unlike WO servers, if you have a character name you use a lot, every time you log into a new server it is like that character is being recreated from scratch for the very first time -- from the face to the gender. So you can have a character named Tick that on some servers is female and on other servers is male, is sometimes bald and bearded and other times is a blonde. 

If you do not remember having set any customization to the character, look through your inventory for a silver mirror -- "using" that will give you the option to set custom appearance  info, but it can only be used ONCE on that server, does not affect gender, and does not affect the character on any other server. It will randomly select a gender when you first log in and ask you to confirm before you even get to face customization, which means it is too late now if you find your character has a "wrong" gender. You might have to make a fresh character on that server with a different name, or, use the same name but on a different server. 

I tend to like to reuse a small pool of names, the launcher gets unwieldy if you start using too many names. You can remove a name from launcher by deleting that name under /PlayerFiles/players/ in the steam wurm unlimited subfolders, this does NOT delete the character only removes it from the launcher so you can immediately get it back unharmed by simply retyping the name again. You will however lose any saved chatlogs etc. The server you log into retains any important info about the character (gender, appearance, inventory, possessions) which it is why you can re-use the same name on a dozen completely different characters (but only on different servers).

Edited by Brash_Endeavors