Sign in to follow this  
theclansman

Bulk Storage Bin

I've asked around CA Help before and gotten some answers but I can't help to feel I'm either missing something or maybe found a bug so I figured I'd ask here.

I've recently came back to the game and found a settlement in the exact same spot I did last year. In both times I played there were a couple of abandoned BSBs in the place that I could never find a way to get rid of. They are locked and therefore cannot be loaded into a cart. I can move them, but I cannot destroy them in anyway, I have 21.99 body strength but I get no action to destroy them with the maul or the carving knife. It also baffles me that these were already here last year, and one of them has 3 damage, although it is possible that someone repaired it meanwhile for some reason.

If I understand the wiki and the help I got correctly, since I'm not the owner of the bin, nor the holder of the lock key, there is nothing I can do to get rid of it other than wait for decay and move it around?

54 minutes ago, Steveleeb said:

char name Jorgencarn, he's on Indy

Hey Steveleeb :) Thanks for your help earlier, I'm wondering if someone  else knows anything about this.

Bsb and fsb take quite a time to decay away, and that is intended behaviour to allow non deeded squatters and shack dwellers to have them. They cannot be bashed for that reason if they are locked and planted.

A way to get rid of them, other than finding and contacting the owner (who is often gone and not playing anymore) would be moving them to a lava tile, maybe into a mine hoping that a cavein will dispose them. Otherwise just push them off deed and forget them.