Sign in to follow this  
Kaylessa

Bird Cage Idea

I would like it if that when you build a bird cage for inside your house the bird inside would actually sing :) 

I might be wrong as I never made one, but I think the birdcage will always hold only a chicken?

200px-Birdcage.png

A singing chicken is like ... well, something you might see in a fantasy game!   

Mostly kidding ^_^ I have always however been in favor of things like windchimes to add a little pleasant ambient sound.  They use to have the little gnomes play a song, though some thought the sound effect not .. so .. pleasant.

That of course opens an entire pandoras box over why they ever removed some of the animal sounds, like cows mooing and horses nickering.

Did they ever had the animal sounds?  I’ve been here (granted off and on) since Independence was first opened and I can’t remember a time when I did hear them moo or crow or neigh.  I could be wrong though. But if the bird did sing a song, I’d laugh my tail off if they sung the Chocobo theme song. That’d be hilarious, even though this isn’t that game series. 😁

On 11/29/2019 at 4:30 PM, Brash_Endeavors said:

I might be wrong as I never made one, but I think the birdcage will always hold only a chicken?

Unfortunately, Brash is correct, because the only birds in the game are hens. Not sure I would like the clucking in my house...

That is besides pheasants - and owls that hoot but you never see them - and eagle/hawks (?) that fly around the sky and into the sea sometimes.

If a parrot or budgie or nightingale were introduced as an alternative to a hen, then the sound they make could maybe activated only with a pat, like the jumping Christmas goats.

And yes, it would be nice to have the cows mooing and horses neighing or nickering, as after all they make hideous noises when they are slaughtered, as do the cats.

How about captive goblins in cages as a house pet? 🤔

Pet them, feed them, use emotes on them.. taming?

Eventually.. get them to spill out some nasty but rare new cooking recipe of their kind?

• Like 1