qHKkLGT.png

Hi Everyone!

A late happy Thanksgiving from all of us at Wurm, we give thanks to you all playing and enjoying the game, and especially to your feedback!

There's been a lot of upheaval and questions that right now we don't have answers to, and I know that makes things uneasy in your confidence in the game. I can assure you that we are here and going to be here for a long time, we know our goal of continuing to polish the game and address bugs and your suggestions and we are working towards it every day. 

Anyways, on with the news!

New Keybinds

Heading off from the pinned suggestion thread, we'll be adding the following keybinds next update!

Spoiler

Item:
Light (object)
Snuff
Discard
Place
Lore
Rename
Spin
Smelt
Burn

Nature:
Crush
Plant (was there but should now work for planting herbs in planters as well)
Pick sprout (was there but should now work for trellis as well)

Creature:
Hitch
Unhitch

Action:
Eat
Taste
Drink
Call for help
Disembark
Embark as commander
Embark as passenger
Moor
Raise anchor
Mix

Fighting:
Taunt

Spells:
essence drain
land of the dead
summon soul
corrupt
zombie infestation
purge
toxin
cleanse
hypothermia
focused will
inferno

These are all aimed at making the game much smoother to play, and we'll likely be adding more as we go on! 

Hoist the main sail! 

The artwork for sail furling is now complete! Ships will be able to go full, half or no sail and will have models that match it's state, see below for all of them!

Spoiler

GVKUO5B.png

The farming box art is also complete, with a few surprises included:

Spoiler

FbJDV1l.jpg

This unfortunately won't be going live in this weeks update, but we aim to have it out before Christmas (Which is scary close!)

The stronghold is revealed

Last weekend the beacons were weakened enough to reveal the location of the stronghold, the hidden base of the creatures of Jackal! This led to a countdown of 144 hours, with a large fight expected. If that the end of it? Maybe not...

Spoiler

Y0Dntah.png

The stronghold is revealed (Hey, they're not knowing for being the wonderful designers Freedomers are, maybe that's why they raid?)

Shrimpalong! 

I refuse to call it a Christmas Impalong because it ends 10 days before Christmas, but it's on! 

Expect Shrimpiies usual slew of games, prizes, deaths and of course, impings! Last year we had the famous The Public VS Dreammaster trial, will the acquitted killer return? 

It runs from the 6th to the 15th of December, so plenty of time to celebrate with your Wurmian friends before the real world drags us kicking and screaming away...

Wulfgar joins the dev team!

You may see forum member Wulfgar with a shiny new developer tag on our forums (And I totally wasn't reminded by him posting beneath)

Wulfgar has joined us to work on the game bringing a vast amount of knowledge on coding and has been working on bringing in quality of life changes including the new keybinds and the paper decay removal suggestion to come soon! 

Everyone give a big warm welcome to Wulfgar before demanding he fix things!

What Retro is up to:

I smartly decided to rebuild my PC, having purchased another 8GB of ram and a new 500GB hard drive. I forgot how difficult and time consuming it is to set everything up juuuuust the way you like it. What a pain!  I also have a new keyboard coming and phone adjustable LEDs... for purposes

Building Instagram

Yep! Now I can post from PC it makes a lot more sense, and I'll be working on getting YOUR content on @officialwurmonline so drop us a follow and keep in touch with us with the #wurmonline hashtag! 

Steam FAQ

I'm trying to find out as much as I can in order to have your questions answered and up in an official FAQ, some I might not have the answer to but I intend on acknowledging the biggest ones at least

Talking to Devs

I'm also looking at building the developer interviews and I want to know what you would like to ask the devs? It'll be a generic question aimed at getting to know the devs behind the bugs in the game, who their favourite super hero is, or their favourite brand of cereal! If you would like to ask something leave the question below! 

My schedule is going to be long this week...

That's it from us this week, I'll be on this weekend streaming on our official channel, taking questions from you and discussing the world of Wurm with you all

Until then though, keep on farming, playing with daisies, and Wurming! 

Regards,

Retrograde & the Wurm team

• Like 15

First! Happy late thanksgiving to all that enjoy eating stuffed turkey. 

• Like 5

Well done, Wulfgar!

Also, I have totally noticed the activity on Instagram, way to go, Retro!

PS. What are those red balls in the planting boxes? DS.

Edited by Cecci
PS.

a big congratz on getting those keybinds in and WOOT!shrooms.
Welcome Wulfgar! i believe you owned the trader at trinsic knightshade once upon a time (then indigus, deli north east coast), i bought it off you and extended the deed. I hope you like how it all turned out.
(course there's a chance that you didn't play your namesake 6 years ago, there's a chance it was someone else)
It's great to have you aboard, eitherway.

Edited by Steveleeb

Congratulations Wulfgar.  May you time in Wurm Dev be long and prosperous.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cecci said:

Well done, Wulfgar!

Looks like mushroom growing to me!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cecci said:

Well done, Wulfgar!

You'll have to zoom in, there wasn't mush room in the picture 

• Like 6
  • Cat 1

I see it! AND the blue also! Is it Saroman we shall thank for this cute update?

LOLOL "The stronghold is revealed (Hey, they're not knowing for being the wonderful designers Freedomers are, maybe that's why they raid?)" you had to didnt you?

Also yay more keybinds finally got some much needed ones ❤️
Oh and if you start using that instagram more enable cross posting to fb and twitter(fb likes it when you do that and is more likely to "suggest" it to random people) and thus spreading the word of wurm even more

Also incase you need new pc stuff in the future before you buy check pricespy ;) the amount of money i saved using them instead of instantly buying from playtech or pbtech is well worth the extra few steps and weird site layout they have

Anyway good job everyone ^_^ thank you for more keybinds and ahhh give me planter boxes already or actually no hold off a bit more i wanna keep making my house taller first

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

:D:D:D:D:D:D

That is awesome, going to be a lovely addition! 

And the sails look amazing as well - excellent job!!

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

I see what you did there, Retro. :D Amazing work, Dev Team!  I look forward to seeing those planters in action! :)

Nice picture Retro - looks like one of those classical romantic landscape paintings with the requisite three (ok four) cows in the foreground, but you didn't say where it is. :) 

Thanks for a great news update.

In the United States, we call those boxes Planter Boxes.  You don't "farm" boxes, you "plant" them :)

In the UK, gardeners would probably call that style 'Raised Beds' - maybe the US version is preferable! :P 

Good work, and thank you for. Only one thing: Could you please plan reboots in a bit less ruthless fashion? This time, reboot announcement caught me in the middle of sailing to Independence rift, of course in a goddamned light breeze, and few minutes before I could cross servers so that I got the full beauty of ultra long Xanadu reboot. Last time, during the Xanadu rift, reboot cut into the middle of a rift between round 3 and 4.

I mean, there are not that many multiplayer, multiserver events, and the date and time of rifts can hardly be a secret to devs (if so,  please look at https://www.niarja.com/universes/online/rifts )

Edited by Ekcin
  • Like 1

Well the trend is Sweden now is to call them pallet collars, cause that is what they are, also those sold at garden centers.

We can call them both planter box and raised beds inSweden, even if raised beds don't have to have a frame.

• Like 1

oOOOoOoooOOoOoohhhhhhh Oh My!..

Spoiler

Plant (was there but should now work for planting herbs in planters as well)

I see you there...

--edit

unsure how to react to "Mix" keybind.. but I guess it's possible now to put bunch on toolbelt and point over other in inventory, opened group(as container) and such... hmmm hm huh hmz ok o-k

(still clueless how to react.. but this changes stuff a bit)

Edited by Finnn

5 hours ago, Retrograde said:

there wasn't mush room in the picture

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Cat 1

5 hours ago, Retrograde said:

There certainly are some odd new stuff red/green/brown-colored.. can't think of other looking like shrooms which aren't shrooms.. either that's bonus content, or somebody's undone homework hmm

6 hours ago, Wulfgar said:

First! Happy late thanksgiving to all that enjoy eating stuffed turkey. 

Congratz man, glad to see you on the team now.

3 minutes ago, Wulfgarr said:

i think you should hir

Are you okay? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wulfgarr said:

i think you should hir

I prefer to Him!

(hardy har har)

*Starting a petition to get Retro to go back to his old "Im So RETRO" avatar

Gratz Wulfgar BTW

• Like 3