Sign in to follow this  
Themystrix

Stone stairs

It just hit me that we don't have proper stone stairs... would be nice addition to interior of houses and outside. 

Spoiler

Kuvahaun tulos haulle medieval stone stairsKuvahaun tulos haulle medieval stone stairs

We could have these as actual stairs standalone stairs to outside for a house. So we could build proper castle walls for example. 

Edited by Themystrix
More info
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Cecci said:

For outside you can use a stone bridge.

Aye you can, but that doesnt look like stairs at all. 

I think the ideea is excellent because i know how to make it be worth the ammount of effort to put it in:

You dont only create them for houses (interior and exterior) but you also create their cousin: the stone stairs road!

midsundtrappene_rorsethorn_norway_photo_

You can have them be able to be created only if the slope of the tile is 25+ so that it could only be traveled by foot and could be a good solution to not have to surface mine in order to make a road you just create a winding stone stair road on the mountain side.

Use the "mine shaft creation code" to make the steps of the stair stone roads :)

Edited by Cipacadrinho

2 hours ago, Cipacadrinho said:

I think the ideea is excellent because i know how to make it be worth the ammount of effort to put it in:

You dont only create them for houses (interior and exterior) but you also create their cousin: the stone stairs road!

midsundtrappene_rorsethorn_norway_photo_

You can have them be able to be created only if the slope of the tile is 25+ so that it could only be traveled by foot and could be a good solution to not have to surface mine in order to make a road you just create a winding stone stair road on the mountain side.

Use the "mine shaft creation code" to make the steps of the stair stone roads :)

Not a bad addition, i like it!

I made this suggestion hastely as i had to run to work and i couldnt resist posting this simple idea.

• Like 1

there is always effort required when making new stuff happen, but we already have stairs at game and bridges, so couldn't stone stairs be with similar-ish code? and of course you could only use the stairs on foot.