Sign in to follow this  
Oblivionnreaver

[Bug] rift mobs get themselves stuck in caves

211457b4e7e12860e8bc49b7757d1a82.jpgl

like tower guards, once they're in a cave they won't ever be able to elave. a couple of scout camps i've had to tunnel to mobs to get the ones that were in caves that collapsed.

[12:01:20] A young rift ogre targets an old black bear, and fights none ogre in the back is stuck trying to target something above ground and won't aggro anything else.

[14:42:35] You create a tunnel entrance!

[14:42:50] You target a venerable hardened rift beast.

elo

^ this

my hunting expedition just turned into a mining one. got some rift scouts stuck in collapsed caves somewhere...

As it currently is, every single rift camp i'm finding isn't being done, either due to the rift mobs being underground and in collapsed tunnels that require you to find them, or on the side of mountains and the rift mobs are stuck up in an almost unreachable place. I've been seeing the same rift camps on pristine deli and exo for over a month now, and i can't be bothered to mine them out. I assume there's a limit on how many are up at one time, because i have not seen a single new one, nor random logs/rock shards from completed rift camps lying around, so this bug/feature/whatever is actively preventing them from respawning.

I've added this as a bug and will try to see if i can get an instance confirmed on live.  Thanks for the report.

6 hours ago, Alectrys said:

I've added this as a bug and will try to see if i can get an instance confirmed on live.  Thanks for the report.

Pristine P19, surface mined rock on the north side of the mountain has all the mobs stuck in a cave

K10-11 has them all in a cave that i couldn't find but could see on get info

P16 has a single mob left in a cave i couldn't find

Exodus P23 has them all on the side of a mountain

Q13 has them all inside a cave

Deli K10-11 has them all on the north side of a mountain, with 1 or 2 in a cave

Release H17 or so has them all in a cave that i couldn't find

Independence G11 or so has them all on the side of a huge mountain and is quite possibly my favourite one

5feead09d6365bb60129d0e7cef93945.jpg

quite literally thousands of slope from top or bottom, you can barely see them in the center of the screenshot

There's a few more i didn't remember the co-ordinates for, for the ones above a few are on a road and ones right next to a highway so it's not like they're in some hidden spot.

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

I'm sorry I didn't get a screenshot at the time, but a group of us encountered a Rift scout camp on Independence that spawned very near mine entrance. All but one of the mobs were stuck on the entrance tile, and wouldn't follow us outside the mine, or even inside.

The scouts were already all packed on the entrance tile when we arrived, so no idea if they spawned on that tile, or moved there.

funny enough I came across the same thing on pristine this morning

Spoiler

riftscoutmobs.jpg