Sign in to follow this  
baileytheferret

Anyone tech savvy? I need help.

I had to buy a new pc. And I'm wanting to hook it up to my tv. But I cant get the hdmi to work.  I've tried going from pc to tv. To monitor to tv to pc. Exc. I've tried every which way I can think of.  My monitor is older(5ish years) and has a Hvi? Cable (looks like a white 4 pronged thing with two circular knobs to hold it in place) it has the option to use hdmi. I've tried this. If you need more information let me know please. 

Moved to Wood Scraps - Community Assistance is for questions about the game. :)

• Like 1

You wont be able to go monitor to TV, as the monitor only accepts input, doesn't do output. 

What you will need is to go PC > TV and skip the monitor entirely. If your PC has multiple graphics outputs you can plug them into different sockets too (Monitor into DVI, Tv into HDMI) 

As retro said, you need to go from the PC to the TV directly.

Most likely you need to enable a second display or mirroring within "Display settings" (you can type this in your windows search/run bar).

If you scroll down you will see an option to detect multiple displays, and from there how to handle them. Also make sure your TV is set to the proper input.

You should be able to hook:

PC - monitor

\- TV(as secondary monitor/screen..)

That is if you have a ports to hook them both.. Alternatively.. not sure if you can steam the visible from desktop to tv and with what apps and USB-cast gadgets.. probably some weirdo somewhere have done windows 10 virtual desktop streaming also...

black friday's this week.. if you cant hook two outputs, check for upgrade :D , also cryptominers sell like crazy.. you could get a 2nd hand decent card with still some warranty cheap if you look around.

I found another hdmi port on the pc. And tried that. It worked I've got my pc! Thanks everyone for answering me. :)