Sign in to follow this  
Polosc61

Forest Giant Strength - Fo Spell

Is this spell working? How do you know how much strength has been added? there is no change in skills menu and the spell icon only tells you how long it lasts.

Not sure if it will work, but try  to open character window and hover  mouse over weight icon in upper left corner. Will show you how much you carry on body, inventory and together, and how much is maximum you can carry. Compare max value before and after cast.

On 11/27/2019 at 2:12 PM, Oblivionnreaver said:

you need to get a str tick for it to kick in, it comes up in skills tab

So this worked - and it didn't - strength went up - one cast it went up to 26 for 10 min - however I am still not able to load or unload and get a message my Strength has to be 23 - feeling a bit robbed lol

I am pretty sure for things like required body characteristics (21 body control for riding a horse, 23 str for loading), it refers to the BASE stat and not a buffed stat.

There are server  mods that can waive this requirement or even start you at a higher strength. Is this your own private server, or a public server?  If it is a public server, your only hope is to suggest the mod to the server admin, and many (especially 1x servers) are reluctant to start making many changes to the classic game. If it is a singleplayer server, you could even make yourself a GM and set your strength to 23, but this quickly opens the door to temptation in all sorts of ways.

edit: I tried to find a link to a mod waiving the 23 Body Str req for loading, but I can't find one. I do know I have played on a server quite recently with no requirement for loading crates etc onto carts, so it could have been a private mod that the server admin made themselves.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

yes you can't cheese it with spells, you need to raise your base body strength to load stuff.

on the subject of code/mods i find it funny they added

private static final double LOAD_STRENGTH_NEEDED = 23.0D;

but they never actually used it and set the amount needed in each location of the code.

if (!strengthCheck(performer, 23.0D))
      {
        performer.getCommunicator().sendNormalServerMessage("You are not strong enough to do this, you need at least 23 body strength.", (byte)3);

return true;
      }

On 12/6/2019 at 9:53 AM, Cuddles said:

on the subject of code/mods i find it funny they added

private static final double LOAD_STRENGTH_NEEDED = 23.0D;

but they never actually used it and set the amount needed in each location of the code.

if (!strengthCheck(performer, 23.0D))
      {
        performer.getCommunicator().sendNormalServerMessage("You are not strong enough to do this, you need at least 23 body strength.", (byte)3);

return true;
      }

As a general rule, Java source generated by decompiling class files is not the same as the original source code used to produce the class files.

In this instance: virtually all Java compilers automatically inline final constants, removing the references to the class field names. This is particularly annoying when decompling Wurm Unlimited classes and seeing only numeric literals for item template and action numbers instead of the symbolic constant names. I suppose we can be thankful that many meaningful symbols are  present in the class files at all.

As an additional warning, every Java decompiler has bugs and incorrectly decompiles some parts of Wurm's code. Be mindful of this when studying decompiled code for modding.