Sign in to follow this  
Mowglia

Plate Armour Dyes Not Showing

I dyed a suit of plate black (RGB 25, 25, 25) and nothing happened; it still appears silver when worn. If I throw it on the floor it appears black. It also appears black in the character screen. The great/open helms both appear black.

So then I dyed another suit of plate red (RGB 238, 17, 17); same problem. The suit (bar the helms) appears silver (unless thrown on floor or in character screen). Both helms appear red.

Leather armour looks red/black (same dyes). Large metal shields also look red/black.

It just seems to be the plate (bar the helms) that isn't working...

Edited by Mowglia
Typo

Can you confirm you are running the modern renderer? I'll jump on test and check this too but it sounds like it might be a client issue as the new dye on armour requires some settings on

Yup, Renderer is set to "Modern". The leather armour shows black and red, and I can also see the rarity of one of the sleeves on the dyed leather too. It's just the plate breastplate, leggings, sabatons, vambraces, and gauntlets that aren't showing.

I checked what a friend could see before he logged, and he confirmed he can't see the plate colours either (don't know what his Renderer settings are though).

Quick scan of our bug tracker suggests it's tied to this: 

A fix is in the works and will be out next update

Ok, thanks; I'll post back here if for some reason it doesn't work :)

1 minute ago, Mowglia said:

Ok, thanks; I'll post back here if for some reason it doesn't work :)

It shows on test, so it should be fixed! 

I ventured outside into the sunlight today (:blink:) and discovered there was a slight difference between the plate armour colourings after all. Maybe my eyes got a bit too used to violent aquas/magentas. So here's a screenshot of what I can see at the moment, although I'm still unsure whether things are working as intended:

tg4TzDy.jpg

The red plate (far right) looks a bit redder than the black plate in this light. The dyed leather armours look pretty good, and the shields look awesome. Basically I was expecting the colour of the dyed plate to look like the shields, which might have been somewhat optimistic in retrospect :D

Quick update.

So it appears that dyed plate armour colours have been fixed (assuming they were ever broken), and the screenshot above is how dyed plate armour is actually supposed to look.

Which is unfortunate, since there is thus absolutely no point in dying plate armour. Dyed plate armour will look exactly like it did before, except with the faintest trace of a tint of the dyed colour in bright light :mellow:

Reminds me of prospecting...

[18:52:47] You go cross-eyed studying it.

[18:52:50] You spot an indistinct trace of your wasted good quality dye.

[18:52:50] You finish analysing the breastplate.

Suggestion: Change this so dyed plate armour looks similar to dyed large metal shields. They look amazing. Dyed plate armour could look amazing too :)

Can you post your client log for verification? I just tested this on both test and live and got these results:

Test:

3Yh36J7.jpg

Live:

1YjXg2j.png