Sign in to follow this  
Xentakinor

New enchantment for Mag Priests

Blessed Flame

New enchantment that Mag priests could cast on furnaces that would keep them lit without fuel and would degrade 1 level each day so 100 cast would stay lit for 100 days.

• Like 1

At lvl 1 skill a player can imp to about 20+ql but with the skill gain being so fast is safe to say you can imp a forge to 25ql in 30m tops while you start with 1 masonry skill.

So this spell would make that forge run 24 days? Is obvious that is extremely broken and overpowered.

Also you did not take into consideration the essence of wurm formula which is definately not: 30m effort+click a button = days of profit

It would simply eliminate the need to imp forges past even 10ql (that would be 9days who grinds something for that long?) and the rarity of them.

So you need to find a way to add your spell without making imping and rarity of the forge feel absolete.

So you need to have it affect the burn timer on the forge after the ql and rarity have been taken into account.

You could gain minutes based on the str of the spell: a 100 cast would add 100 minutes (still too strong in my opinion)

Or you could use the ccpf + sleep bonus code and make this spell extend the timer the same way the ccpf extends the sleep bonus timer and have the str of the cast decay by 1 every hour the forge has been lit.

This last iteration seems complicated but i think is the most balanced.

Also i think is going to become sort of a must have similar to mail casts for everyone on their deed.

So either make the spell str not decay or let more priest have the spell because if the spell decays the mag priests will get rich re-casting while having a monopoly on the market.

At the very least 1 BL should get it too.

L.E. Also the extending of the burn timer is not that much of a worth buff what i would like instead is a spell that can be casted on a forge and speed up the heat gain levels of an item inside there.

How many times you decide to add an item or more lumps but have to wait 10-15m for the damn thing to heat up enough so you can imp for 5m without going down to searing?

So the spell could use the ccpf effect on sleep bonus code to increase the rate the items heat up and/or the duration of the glowing effect.

I would love to have a spell on a forge that could make a lump glow in 2 minutes and take it out and glow for like 20m.

That would be the good life:)

Also if you ask the ladies.. is not the duration but how fast you manage to heat them up that matters:)

Edited by Cipacadrinho

+1. Mag could definitely use some more love.

>"Broken and overpowered"

>referring to a forge being lit

lol

Has opposable thumbs but thinks a forge being able to run for longer than his subscription because of a spell is balanced.

lol

I like the concept of a Mag forge enchantment, but this is indeed massively OP as is. Even a low cast would mean a huuuge benefit for any even halfway serious smith.

A more balanced alternative might be a low-favour Mag spell that refuels a forge but adds burn-time cumulatively. So instead of the burn-time maxing out at the ql-determined cap, as it would be if refuelled non-magically, the burn-time is extended by the equivalent length of time. To keep burn-time reaching ridiculous lengths, spell difficulty could be pegged to forge quality: the higher the quality of the forge, the lower the chance of success.

There always was the idea of simply being able to light a forge with a spell. 

• Like 2

I think 2 minutes per cast power, with a 10 difficulty would be good. at around 50-60 channeling you can easily get 70+ casts on that. Even at 40 channeling I was getting 60-75 casts with truehit. Anything over that might be too long imo.

Edit: Also I do not believe black lighters should get this. I love lib, and always advocate when things aren't fair for Libila followers/priests. This is a utility spell that very well defines what Mag is about.

Edited by Nicrolis

Thanks for the input all and I see how it could overshadow rare and high ql forges but that could be countered with low ql forges having a high shatter chance or something to that effect or have 2 versions of the spell that dose long burn slower heat transfer and high heat transfer lower burn time, I'm just spitballing here so any input is appreciated 

i would be happy with it making the items heated stay glowing longer

• Like 1