Sign in to follow this  
Yldrania

Project: Summing Up 2019 in Wurm in one building!

Alright guys, I've decided to dedicate one building each year on my deed to sort of commemorate that year and everything that happened throughout. So please, help me summarize what new stuff happened by adding to the list below so I can gather items to commemorate them. If you have something to add that doesn't fit into a category, please just mention it and I'll add it anyway :D  What I am looking for is anything that's major.... new stuff like tunnels and highways or public projects, events lead by the wurm team, updates that changed things, people who have come or gone in one way or another that should be remembered, kingdoms that were founded or had major changes made to them, and more.

If you've managed to get a skill to 100, let me know. If you're the first ever to do so and added a title, PLEASE let me know.

Let's have a memorial for a year gone by each year starting now!

I will do a lot of research on this throughout the rest of the year of course, to fill and complete the list, but I feel I want to give all of you the option to add what you feel was most important so I'm leaving it mainly blank, waiting for your responses! Gradually, I will add to it on my own and based on the responses in the comments. :)

Events:

Total Amount of Slayings in 2019: ???

Impalongs:

Friendship Bay Impalong (Friendalong) Pristine 2019 - by ???

Lunalong 2019 - Xanadu - by Dracaa

Blackmoor Impalong 2019 - Independence - by Shrimpiie

New PMK:

Major Community Projects:

The Great Updates:

• Jackal.

• Independence birthday event where we got the nice statues of Dragon fang.

• New Fishing system

• Visible Fruits + Distant Rendering

New Titles:

• Animal husbandry (Zoologist)
  • Cloth tailoring (Fateweaver)
  • Fighting (Swift Death)
  • Forestry (Lorax)
  • Huge axe (Legendary Decapitator)
  • Jewelry smithing (Rumpelstiltskin)
  • Paving (World Connector)
  • Pickaxe (Mountain Eater)
  • Saw (Tom Sawyer)
  • Shovel (Ace Of Spades)
  • Stealing (Criminal Mastermind)
  • Tracking (Bloodhound of Wurm)
  • Woodcutting (Wurmian Termite)
  • Yoyo (Legendary Woodspinner)
  • Baking (Breaking Bread)

Reach The Max: Skills turned to 100:

Other:

Progress:

XZMOaXf.png

Edited by Yldrania
  • Like 10

This might help with figuring out skills turned to 100: https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php?title=Titles&diff=113034&oldid=109846

According to this diff, these skills got 100 titles this year:

• Bowyery (Bow Down)
  • Fighting (Swift Death)
  • Forestry (Lorax)
  • Saw (Tom Sawyer)
  • Shovel (Ace Of Spades)
  • Like 1

You missed Baking(Breaking Bread) to 100  D : in 2019
mods del this when fixed

Spoiler

breaking640.jpg

Edited by Finnn
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Yldrania said:

Alright guys, I've decided to dedicate one building each year on my deed to sort of commemorate that year and everything that happened throughout. So please, help me summarize what new stuff happened by adding to the list below so I can gather items to commemorate them. If you have something to add that doesn't fit into a category, please just mention it and I'll add it anyway :D  What I am looking for is anything that's major.... new stuff like tunnels and highways or public projects, events lead by the wurm team, updates that changed things, people who have come or gone in one way or another that should be remembered, kingdoms that were founded or had major changes made to them, and more.

If you've managed to get a skill to 100, let me know. If you're the first ever to do so and added a title, PLEASE let me know.

Let's have a memorial for a year gone by each year starting now!

I will do a lot of research on this throughout the rest of the year of course, to fill and complete the list, but I feel I want to give all of you the option to add what you feel was most important so I'm leaving it mainly blank, waiting for your responses! Gradually, I will add to it on my own and based on the responses in the comments. :)

Impalongs:

Friendship Bay Impalong (Friendalong) Pristine 2019

Lunalong 2019 -

Blackmoor Impalong 2019 -

• Like 1

2019 saw the breaking of the Glasshollow Alliance and Emergence of the Dwarven Imperium on NW Xanadu, if that is noteworthy. Raises a mug of ale.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Warlander said:

This might help with figuring out skills turned to 100: https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php?title=Titles&diff=113034&oldid=109846

According to this diff, these skills got 100 titles this year:

• Bowyery (Bow Down)
  • Fighting (Swift Death)
  • Forestry (Lorax)
  • Saw (Tom Sawyer)
  • Shovel (Ace Of Spades)

2 hours ago, Finnn said:

You missed Baking(Breaking Bread) to 100  D : in 2019
mods del this when fixed

Reveal hidden contents

breaking640.jpg

Do we have names of the people who reached this first and made the titles?

1 hour ago, Ekcin said:

Friendship Bay Impalong (Friendalong) Pristine 2019

Added. Who ran this, do you know?

1 hour ago, ArthurHawkwing said:

2019 saw the breaking of the Glasshollow Alliance and Emergence of the Dwarven Imperium on NW Xanadu, if that is noteworthy. Raises a mug of ale.

Won't add the breaking unless the leader(s) want it commemorated in some way. Who's leading the Imperium?

5 minutes ago, Yldrania said:

Do we have names of the people who reached this first and made the titles?

I don't think there is any official/public list of who reached 100 skill first, but I'm sure few of them were announced on forums. (100% sure about Cloth Tailoring and Huge axe)

Spoiler

If there is page with names who first reached 100, I have not seen it, could be nice to have a way to lookup these title names or who reached them, hall of fame, memorial of time, etc.. could be craftable item or something in the GUI listing them directly without an item?(not the place for suggestion but, having easy way to demystify reached 100 titles and names who got there/first/ could be a nice thing to have.

I don't think wiki have the information who reached the 100 and named them, it only shows the titles whenever they are even learned, information is fed to the wiki only from the news.

I've missed the news for 9-10 titles this year ^^' only know of mine, tailoring and huge axe, have a foggy memory of talk about the js title

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Yldrania said:

[Friendalong]

Added. Who ran this, do you know?

Virusmd was it:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Finnn said:
  Hide contents

If there is page with names who first reached 100, I have not seen it, could be nice to have a way to lookup these title names or who reached them, hall of fame, memorial of time, etc.. could be craftable item or something in the GUI listing them directly without an item?(not the place for suggestion but, having easy way to demystify reached 100 titles and names who got there/first/ could be a nice thing to have.

I don't think wiki have the information who reached the 100 and named them, it only shows the titles whenever they are even learned, information is fed to the wiki only from the news.

I've missed the news for 9-10 titles this year ^^' only know of mine, tailoring and huge axe, have a foggy memory of talk about the js title

Only leatherworking wiki has info who got it first. Some wiki skill pages aren't updated for skill titles too.

• Like 1

Was bowery really this year?

Bowery was 2016

Her ig name is Toriyo

Edited by Cecci
  • Like 2

I'm not sure if those are relevant to what you want to commemorate but few things happened this year (i might be in a mind-time-shift again and list something from 2018, time flies when you're having fun):

Starter/tutorial area rework.

Jackal.

Independence birthday event where we got the nice statues of Dragon fang. 

New Fishing system (late 2018 so i'm not sure if it belongs here).

New horse textures.

Distant tree rendering (don't know how to commemorate this).

8 hours ago, Cecci said:

Was bowery really this year?

Bowery was 2016

Her ig name is Toriyo

7 hours ago, Locath said:

I'm not sure if those are relevant to what you want to commemorate but few things happened this year (i might be in a mind-time-shift again and list something from 2018, time flies when you're having fun):

Starter/tutorial area rework.

Jackal.

Independence birthday event where we got the nice statues of Dragon fang. 

New Fishing system (late 2018 so i'm not sure if it belongs here).

New horse textures.

Distant tree rendering (don't know how to commemorate this).

Bowyery removed and Jackal, Indy BD and Fishing System added.

Horse textures was 2018 as well,  however I will put one of each color in there anyways so no need to add those.

• Like 1

Visible fruits on trees/bushes when they are in season is a great change. (to show it in-game... Maybe one of each trees/bushes that can be harvested in a season? Enchanted trees/bushes never age now, so it's possible to keep them looking the same, forever :D )

Big rendering updates mostly came out in 2019 as well.

• Like 2

Also worthy of note are the number of bridges and highways constructed during 2019.

Players such as SlowMo and his friends, who completed the Newspring to Lormere Shortcut on Xanadu, shaving around 5,000 tiles off the journey by road.

And this is just one project.

Travel right across Xanadu by land has now never been faster, and there have been similar projects on other servers too.

I am not sure how this is best represented, or shown to everyone, except to encourage everyone to get out there and start travelling! :) 

Edited by Muse
  • Like 1

The new fishing was added in December 2018, so not really part of 2019

Another interesting statistic - this year, two players got hit by lightning! Nick of one of these players might suggest divine intervention, through. :)

Lucky individuals are Tris and Dreammaster.

Pretty sure 2019 is the year Libila finally came to freedom isn't it? That's something that should be commemorated :D

• Like 2

Not done yet, but it is in the works. While I work on this, trying to get all the arch statues and all together.... and the massive amount of thorn sprouts, here's a shot from the 3D view of the new DP.

n1p71ze.png

• Like 2

While officially announced start of January, 2020, LVA tunnel project started mid November, 2019.

The exploration tunnel cut-through, making the Lake Vrock - Lake Selkie route navigable for the first time, was completed end of November, 2019. Up to the end of the year, 2 lane extension, lifting ceilings, reinforcing walls, and removing veins in the way were done.

A view at the southern (Lake Selkie) side entrance: c6mEvYq.png

Edited by Ekcin
  • Like 2

Maybe could add the announcement that Wurm would be launching on Steam. 

I think that was in November 2019 sometime?

• Like 1