Sign in to follow this  
Kody

Wiki edit: Hyena not groomable

The Wiki states that hyenas are able to be groomed.

However, this appears false, as the groom option does not appear with a grooming brush activated.

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Rabid_hyena

EDIT: The page also claims it to be rideable, which I'm skeptic of, as they seem unable to be lead or tamed.

Edited by Kody

When you can't do those normally, youd need it tamed. As its non tamable the next thing is domination, if you cant dominate, you check into the rebirth spell that makes it come back after killing it. Rebirthed monsters/animals, can be be rideable as well as groomable. Im unsure on these as I only tested riding back when I was on chaos. Its been awhile and things have changed, so some testing would need to be done to see if thats the case or not :) I will see about testing those out and changing the page if I cant do those. For now Ill update with "if rebirthed" since that does seem to be the case.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kody said:

The Wiki states that hyenas are able to be groomed.

However, this appears false, as the groom option does not appear with a grooming brush activated.

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Rabid_hyena

EDIT: The page also claims it to be rideable, which I'm skeptic of, as they seem unable to be lead or tamed.

I believe, HotS people on PvP servers are able to tame/dom and then also groom and ride. Did not try it though (I am MR on Epic :) ), someone to confirm/deny?

[10:12:03] You are not agile enough to control the aged Zombie rabid hyena. You need 24.00 in Body control.

I didn't see a groom option on freshly rebirthed hyena (but maybe it works on dominate or after a while)

It may need enough time to get its hair "mussed" and be in need of a grooming.... 

I can't remember offhand whether you can groom newly born foals, for instance.

Maybe add the hyena to body control (24.0) chart as well. I can check a boar next to see requirement on that.