Sign in to follow this  
Skatyna

adjustable DREDGE

Hi.

I happened to have some fun digging under the water using the dredge today. Anyone who have done that trully knows how big of a PITA that is. I wont talk about the volume of the 2 dirts in the dredge right here, or that you cant see what you are doing if you are using a boat as it blocks all the view, wont talk about the hopping in/out the boat to regain stamina if you actually want to see what you doing..

BUT

Can we, please, have adjustable dredge at least? I mean, sort of similar as a measuring jug in a way, where we could select the pre-set required depth to like -10 below water, -25, -50, unlimited and where it wont dredge passed the set depth. I mean that probably would not be too hard to code either, as we already have some limits in place, like digging stops at -7, mining stops at -25 under water. So i believe with a little bit or work this could become very possible and an awesome upgrade to terraforming tools that would be a huge, huge advantage in player ecperiences too. Thanks

• Like 2

The type of boat you're using makes a large impact on the usefulness of a dredge. Personally, I use a sailboat. The dredge automatically dumps the dirt into the boat until it reaches 40 dirt in the boat, and I can easily see the tile borders to determine what depth I'm at as I work.  What kind of boat are you using? That could be part of the issue, especially if you're getting out of the boat to dredge.

You can use level/flatten with the dredge so you just need to dig one tile manually and you can level the rest

Also if you queue 2+ leveling actions and hop on the boat, the first action will be canceled but the second one won't, so you will be leveling on the boat. It's not the best solution but it works in situations where you cant see the tile from the boat

Edited by Vomusu

Been dredging clay on a caravel for 2+ years.. never had an issue xD