Sign in to follow this  
Kostet960604

NPC

I know that this is a pretty commonplace topic, but all the time it depresses me that the game has NPCs, but they seem to be gone.

I don’t know how things are in Wurm Online, but judging by Unlimited, and there are not so many differences between them, then in my opinion, everything is very sad.

All that you see at the starting location is a small piece of the reserved territory. There is no beautiful city that will always surprise you with its colors and there is no diversity in the inhabitants of the starting city. There are no specialized buildings that with wide open virtual arms will send you to kill the dragon, and then give you a lollipop and soup from dragon insides. Players are given freedom, but when online is not so high, there is an increasing desire to contemplate them, to ask, what’s what?

There are a ton of professions in the game, but there are no NPCs specializing in them and always ready to help you.

And I want to remind you, if not all, then some of those that could be present in the game.

• Like 1

(I apologize in advance for Google translator)

The game, in addition to the Middle Ages, is fixated on deities, so the first thing I remember about religion.

What is religion? Gods and those who believe in them. I want to talk about the latter.

There is an altar in the game, but there are no churches. How so? Since the beginning of the game, I always had this thought.

Suppose you can build it yourself. But in addition to entertainment for the players, there must also be those who will always be the post of churches.

There are so many religious professions, but it would be interesting to observe them in the game. But, when it's just a game, where are there so many religious NPCs?

And then a thought came to my mind, what if they were improved by some method, gradually increasing them in ranks and giving them new opportunities? Sounds cool to me.

Grant each branch of the NPC their own branches of development. Basic and secondary. Plus you need to come up with. how to promote them in rank. Can give them karma and money?

I myself am an atheist, and I don’t understand religion, so I just found the titles from one gaming site. I will try to list them and find application.

Novice

Engaged in a church (which is not)

Gives a small random buff of 5 minutes to the owner of the NPC and his friends

further improvements

Monk

Side Negative Branch

Gives a small random debuff of 5 minutes on the area to those who are not friend of the owner of the NPC

Pilgrim

Side branch

Gives a small buff to 5 minutes speed

Grave digger

Side Negative Branch

Grants Summoned Undead Buff Regeneration

a priest

Gives quests to destroy the undead and consecrate the earth

Once a day can heal any one player’s wound

Sells amulets, icons, sacred water (imagination)

Inquisitor

Side Negative Branch

Gives quests to kill monsters for the sake of souls (and also annoys me that the ghostly guards for the token come from almost nowhere)

Once a day can summon a random monster

(on the inquisitor, my dark side fantasy broke down, even if just like that, I want you to move my fantasies further)

Archbishop

Destruction quests are larger and more profitable.

Once a day can completely cure a player

Assortment expansion

The patriarch

Gives quests to destroy highly dangerous monsters

Once every 12 hours can completely cure a player

Assortment expansion

Buff distance increase

Cardinal

Gives a prayer bonus

Gives quests that affect the game board of the gods

Once every 8 hours can completely cure a player

Assortment expansion

Buff distance increase

Legate

Gives a bonus on prayer and sacrifice

There is an opportunity to call a sacred beast (on your imagination)

Gives large quests that affect the game board of the gods

Once every 5 hours can completely cure a player

Assortment expansion

Increase buff strength and distance.

• Like 1

dude... this is sandbox mmo game, not an mmorpg, where everything is built up already, with tons of different NPCs, and you just have to roam around the places .. You should know the difference between sandbox mmo and mmorpg to start with... its like someone would ask why there is no classical instrumental music in the RnB song...

-1, sorry

Edited by Skatyna
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Skatyna said:

dude... this is sandbox mmo game, not an mmorpg, where everything is built up already, with tons of different NPCs, and you just have to roam around the places .. You should know the difference between sandbox mmo and mmorpg to start with... its like someone would ask why there is no classical instrumental music in the RnB song...

-1, sorry

I don’t know anything; I don’t want to compare music and games.
Sandbox, this is first and foremost freedom of action
But what kind of freedom, when there is nothing in this freedom
It’s like wandering through space in which there are no planets.

If there is something missing in your music, then you need to make it appear

Edited by Kostet960604

A bit about NPCs. I want to add that most players usually refuse all seasons, and set only summer.

In my opinion, npc, this is one way to solve this problem. Although, maybe I'm wrong.

It would be nice if new products appeared every season and every month. So, it makes sense to come to the merchant more often, even in the absence of online. If you played in Valley Stardew or My Time is Portya, you may realize that this is not bad.

If you think that if you put traders, the desire to develop will also disappear. But this does not mean that you must give them everything. A small portion of the content is enough. And if the game has a little content, then the developers did not report it. But can they not report something? After all, developers boast of diversity. And how many food recipes are there, will the players really cheat the NPCs of the cook? It seems to me that you need more demonstration of goods, as it’s not good to come out that with modest online players once in five years will flash goods, and then click with their beak. Not good.

Well, next in line are craft professions. I could not even remember them, since it is difficult to come up with something innovative for them. But just remembering them is already good. Maybe the developers will change their mind: D

A carpenter

Available in a variety of wood materials or painted products. Perhaps there are new furniture schemes? What kind of goods is lying around with him, well, I just can’t imagine, because there are so many types of trees and colors of painted goods in the world. Can we find his ax with which he killed his wife?

Sometimes gives tips on where you can cut down a tree.

Stonemason

Stone man, like all of his NPC brothers. Does he have stones besides what's under him? Probably ate everything. But can he reveal to the world unexplored materials of unprecedented strength? Or it will also sit by a broken stone, depending on the developers.

Tanner

Bring him skin, and maybe he will make you an exclusive. And maybe it will give you a tip where the next skin runs.

Weaver

Need a thread or a needle? Or maybe you want to sell cotton? Find him fashionable clothes and a brutal headdress?

Blacksmith

Is your sword cursed or are you an idiot? He will fix your sword, and you will pay the next time you come.

Thief - Cracker

Do you need a dagger or poison with a speed debuff? Or pick a good master key?

Engineer

This profession involves the creation of siege weapons, arbatels, suspension bridges and so on, all that includes mechanisms

But it’s not necessary to have it on sale. You need secret drawings.

Jeweler

Charmed bracelets included

Sculptor

Buy a Rolf statue? That's right, a statue, because Marrkus Perrson ran far ahead.

Barber

Is there a hairstyle? Need a hairstyle? Not? So now she will not be!

Working professions

Builder

He can’t build, but he can tell me new craft.

Miner

Where in the world is there a good mine? If the developer wishes, he will give you a tip.

Cattle drover

Will sell you your favorite animal food (He has it special)

Plowman

Can't find the seeds? Every year we have new ones.

Groom

Keep your lasso

Wurm would be huge if they sorted the NPC thing out in a format like Wurm Unlimited for single-player. Like a cross between Skyrim/Exanima but with more depth. Problem is there're just too many variables; there's no way they could program an AI sophisticated enough to cope with it all.

There was a duplicate of the comment here

Edited by Kostet960604

1 hour ago, Mowglia said:

Wurm would be huge if they sorted the NPC thing out in a format like Wurm Unlimited for single-player. Like a cross between Skyrim/Exanima but with more depth. Problem is there're just too many variables; there's no way they could program an AI sophisticated enough to cope with it all.

Any software resource rests on a human

3 hours ago, Kostet960604 said:

so you understand adding things in music but are confused by things not being present in a sandbox. if you want it then build it

1 minute ago, armyskin said:

For health reasons, it is almost impossible

Edited by Kostet960604

I’m a little tired of talking about the same topic, and there is still a lot of things that it’s just hard to think about, for example, military crafts, but I will go through a couple of those that I just wanted to add, but forgot. Even if it will be a dead weight.

Tamer
Gives quests to capture. Bring a certain number of monsters, get a monster statue as a reward, activate the statue, sacrifice the corpse of a monster, thereby giving him a second life.
Useful when creating arenas.

Cook
Every month he sells random dishes, seasonally.
Gives tips on killing monsters, in return gives dishes, books or dishes
(by the way, these two, I can say I rewrote the thoughts recorded on the smartphone)

Well, then I'll tear a couple from the long list of the Internet.

Doctor

Sells medicine depending on your treatment skills (By the way, this item is not enough in the game)

Architect
Sounds cool, I won’t even add anything

Geologist
Maybe developers will add mines with dead geologists who do not know their job well

Astronomer
It’s hard to understand the philosophy of this game, maybe he will tell

Librarian
Books are sacred. Especially if it's a craft book.

I know that all my comments are just babbling, which is similar to the ravings of a child. Sometimes I don’t even know when to stop in time.
But to be honest, I don’t care. I’m not going to change my character.

5 hours ago, Kostet960604 said:

For health reasons, it is almost impossible

making what you want in the game is impossible?

It sounds like you're playing wu rather than wo, so there are mods already that give you what you want.  Some work better than others, I guess.  In wo, you can't build the npcs, but you can build the rest.

6 hours ago, armyskin said:

making what you want in the game is impossible?

I wanted to say that I am not a programmer, and I can’t learn anything.  Memory constantly fails and vision does not allow you to sit for a long time

1 hour ago, Wonka said:

It sounds like you're playing wu rather than wo, so there are mods already that give you what you want.  Some work better than others, I guess.  In wo, you can't build the npcs, but you can build the rest.

It’s not clear what you are talking about through Google translator, but if I understand correctly, you say that I hardly go to WU and that everything that I say can be changed using existing mods?  At the moment, I have roughly 500 hours.  And about the mods.  I have never seriously tried to use them, but I can assume that the bdew mod is far from being so perfect.

At the expense of games.  Over the years, with rare exceptions, I have the strong feeling that no one can better change the game than as well as the development team of the creators of the game.  And wurm does not fall under this exception, since it is incomplete and unpopular.  When the game is not so perfect, the players will not reach for it.  Players do not reach for it, because it is imperfect.  Moders almost always gravitate only to promising projects

Maybe everything will change if the developers transform the external shell of the game.  Will it happen or not, and how well will they do it, time will tell

By the way, I have long wanted to ask why the NPCs have not yet given voice-over to dialogs? And is it possible to do this? In my opinion, this will make the NPCs an order of magnitude more interesting

Edited by Kostet960604

no offence but its like listening to a drunk oldie, who can barely blab a meaningful sentence..

However, the picture i got is that you want a variety of NPCs in game that would bring you some quests to do etc.. as i said before, this is sandbox mmo, such things never did and never will exist in a sandbox mmo. the whole point of such games is to build everything yourself in game, however, yes, NPVs cant be build here and never will probably. The games you talk about are mmorpg games, with the NPCs and questing as primary point in the game. those are totally different kind of games than wurm is. 

Once again i will give you a comparison with the music. Bands like Metallica or AC/DC never ever played pop music, same as Madonna never sang a rock/metal song. Its just different! same as wurm is different genre (style) game then other mmorpgs. period.

On 11/22/2019 at 5:57 PM, Skatyna said:

no offence but its like listening to a drunk oldie, who can barely blab a meaningful sentence..

However, the picture i got is that you want a variety of NPCs in game that would bring you some quests to do etc.. as i said before, this is sandbox mmo, such things never did and never will exist in a sandbox mmo. the whole point of such games is to build everything yourself in game, however, yes, NPVs cant be build here and never will probably. The games you talk about are mmorpg games, with the NPCs and questing as primary point in the game. those are totally different kind of games than wurm is. 

Once again i will give you a comparison with the music. Bands like Metallica or AC/DC never ever played pop music, same as Madonna never sang a rock/metal song. Its just different! same as wurm is different genre (style) game then other mmorpgs. period.

Whatever you say, the topic of the NPC is not only of interest to me

P.S. The number of views once again confirms this

Edited by Kostet960604