Sign in to follow this  
Actuarius

Make wUrm Great Again (MUGA)

Someone had to do it.  Can we have MUGA hats made in game?  

But seriously, I've looked for other Sandbox games and I can't find one like this one.  EVE Online is the only other sandbox worth mentioning in my honest, but its a completely different Genre.  One scratches the back, the other scratches different jiggly bits.

Why isn't everyone just dragging their friends kicking and screaming into this game?  Or even better, why not hang around Havens Landing hiring newbs to do stuff, like anything keeping them in the game longer then a day or two?  Not saying I won't do that, just haven't seen many people do it (or perhaps I missed it if they are).

I feel like this Big-ole Steam WO release is F%^&*ng up everyone's ability to just dive in causing players to stay in limbo for fear of wasting their time.  Give me some love, tell me I'm wrong.

Cheers.  Just wanted to rant a bit.  c'est la vie

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Finnn said:

You're wrong.

Wait a minute..   Your  not my wife are you?  Sounds like the standard two word reply in a marriage. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Actuarius said:

Someone had to do it.  Can we have MUGA hats made in game?  

But seriously, I've looked for other Sandbox games and I can't find one like this one.  EVE Online is the only other sandbox worth mentioning in my honest, but its a completely different Genre.  One scratches the back, the other scratches different jiggly bits.

Why isn't everyone just dragging their friends kicking and screaming into this game?  Or even better, why not hang around Havens Landing hiring newbs to do stuff, like anything keeping them in the game longer then a day or two?  Not saying I won't do that, just haven't seen many people do it (or perhaps I missed it if they are).

I feel like this Big-ole Steam WO release is F%^&*ng up everyone's ability to just dive in causing players to stay in limbo for fear of wasting their time.  Give me some love, tell me I'm wrong.

Cheers.  Just wanted to rant a bit.  c'est la vie

Good one..
You asked for that reply. Dat's all.

• Cat 1

2 hours ago, Actuarius said:

(...) Give me some love, tell me I'm wrong. (...)

2 hours ago, Finnn said:

You're wrong.

Well, sure, but what I REALLY wanted was a multi-sentence monologue telling me I'll be Au-right. 

And possibly Rift-wood mailed to me in game as an empathetic gesture to keeping a newbie, like me, in WO because you, Sir Finnn, are an incredible community member with impeccable character who cares deeply for the down-trodden.  

This game shines when there are more new players than older so i for one would like to see what happens on the steam release and if they can manage to keep the servers from crashing when they hit capacity.

• Like 2

Don't use curse words and have an idea/direction with the post you're making, will be like keeping a mod on a payroll to not touch your thread.
(no proof for such practices have been observed, feel free to join this religion though, it's free and mostly harmless)

On 11/19/2019 at 7:37 PM, Actuarius said:

To 'start' things off... It's not that easy to pull people into wurm, especially friends, also the market is so ****** saturated.. with all kinds of games.. and the triple A titles keep scrawling, 'damn E3' and such, "right". Besides that.. even the last few titles get your attention barely for a month to 2-3, 4 will be a stretch really.. than you're up for a new game to try unless you're 'odd'. That's where wurm comes in.... if you have found the game somehow, you're into sandboxes, survival, somehow whole wurm concept of subscription, deeds, building, maintaining and creation/improvement/spell mechanics feel right and well for you.. hmm so far good.. but what could hook you for longer is having a few friends, old or new ones made in the game.. 

SUCH things could hook you in a mmo prison for years, you can interchange friends and things that you do and than do not like in the game.. but as long you keep some balance.. such game could last you for a long time, imagine if somebody had a formula for such things....

Graphics keep getting better.. but, dynamics of animations and actions in the game are still quite stiff to make the game fun and interesting for a lot of players.. one of the few things that mmo gamers / RP-ers.. value are the small goofy stuff you could do when you're bored, you wait for something and start spamming dances or emotes, jump around showing some combinations of moves - fighting or emote/dances(in general read expressing yourself in another way while at the same time you're bored AF, but you've just found a new fun things to to kill the boredom); well wurm have just the weird fart emotes that 'special' derps keep spamming and force others to mute emote sounds entirely or the other special 'small bell jerks', none of that is fun, it's closer to trolling than fun time... but that's what you get when you gather bunch of people in wurm currently. Next closest thing to 'expressing yourself' is at gathering for impalongs/unique kills/rifts - you create a fun camp around your tent with the spare time before the event, could be fun, but best you can do is steal a screenshot of such creations or get ideas to decorate your yard if you're into that.

How do you plan to pull friends in a game that just isn't for everybody, I mean.. it's not fast paced, it's actually quite slowly progressing you in the world and even at 99.99FS you're still a few bites or bashes from a random creature that's not even special as long you're versing a instant focused creature, etc.. You just need to somehow be won with the environment and be up for the challenges that the game offers, making sense or not, wurm have to click on you to become a long-timer.

• Like 1