Sign in to follow this  
wipeout

rifts how and why(their spawning mechanic)

Qn9VlDr.jpg

See those empty spots in the forest? ya those arent deeds those are previous rift spawning locations
I managed to push them out of the forest where i go to get my logs but seriously that pocket of land(from the left there into the right where there are some trees) is nothing but rifts almost every single dam time
So i got a question besides new houses and new deeds(old houses and deeds dont seem to count towards where a rift can spawn as i have seen a rift spawn 5 tiles outside of a deed(the edge of the rift that is))  and ample land what other requirements are there for a rift to spawn? does flatish land matter as it seems like it does what about water does that play in affect at all?

Can a list be made/put up of requirements of whats needed for a rift to spawn so that we can have a full complete list of requirements?
Mainly asking as i wanna push these dam forest destroyers further away from my plantations and it be nice for all of us to know the full list without what ifs and maybes

List so far

1. Old houses and deeds dont move rifts
2. New houses and deeds push rifts
3. Rifts seem to need a certain amount of semi flat terrain to spawn
4. Rifts hate water and mountains or any terrain that is in general rather steep
5. ?? (Please post if you know more requirements/ways that rifts spawn/manipulate where they spawn)

Edited by wipeout

Rifts used to always spawn behind and next to another of my deeds and destroy all the forests that I had planted and replanted there. Then some time ago another person placed a fairly large deed next to that area which thankfully blocked those rifts from spawning again and they were moved farther away to another location.

So it seems to me that the only way to intentionally block rifts that have been spawning persistently in some location is with deeds, which includes their perimeters which a rift "area" is not allowed to intrude into. So take the size of a rift area (51x51?) and make another deed next to an existing one just far enough away from that one that a rift will not fit into that space between them.

=Ayes=