Sign in to follow this  
Arishok

Contextual Menu "Set for Sale"

I believe the original intent was for person to person trading - then vendors, then personal merchants, then trade chat, etc...

Follow the player's behaviour.  The horse/boat/crate stalls are creative, but are they effective?  

Add a SET FOR SALE command to set a price on SPECIFIC types of items.

Start with the "manage permissions" items: Boats, Houses, Carts, etc...

- There is a whole lot of cart/boat litter - and plenty of those say "4 Sale-6s", etc.  Some of those I would have bought if owner still was online OR if I could have right clicked "BUY", confirm sale, ride off in the sunset.. 

Creatures are a more delicate issue.  To keep from players tagging every wild creatures ass with a for sale sign... add it to gates as "Passage" fee, collect the goods and skedaddle.   18hrs or so... the passage authority resets. Curious how else players would use a passage fee on gates for...

Crates: once marked for sale, cannot add or remove items.  Player would have to remove the for sale flag, make changes, and add for sale again.

Then consider the idea of village stores: Fine Carpentry, Mason, Grocer...

Subtle indicator for items that are for sale: change the text color to a universal color.  Players can recognize what is for sale based on color of the hover over text. Nothing invasive.