Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Jackal Skill Transfer Now Live

WSA.png

Hi Everyone,

The skill transfer from Jackal to Freedom is now live. By now you may have seen a small tick in skills that transferred over. We have increased the amount that transfers as well as allowed for fight skill to transfer too. If you encounter any bugs please post them on the forums as usual!

Keep in mind Fighting skill will not show the increase in the skill tab and instead updates the value directly in the Skills menu.

Happy Hunting!

Hmm.. when was the increase? Before or after patch? my 53.5WS only translated from 22WS to 26WS on freedom earlier. Didn't see FS transfer over i think... ?

2 hours ago, phennexion said:

Hmm.. when was the increase? Before or after patch? my 53.5WS only translated from 22WS to 26WS on freedom earlier. Didn't see FS transfer over i think... ?

FS wont tick, and the increase was compared to the original value

Channeling skill did not transfer at all.

I am not a priest on freedom, I was on jackal. Channeling on freedom is 1, channeling on jackal 50ish...

a lot of skills did infact not transfer still only a handful thankfully the ones i cared about did but still sad to see(1 of my alts did get everything) oh well

2 hours ago, wipeout said:

a lot of skills did infact not transfer still only a handful thankfully the ones i cared about did but still sad to see(1 of my alts did get everything) oh well

Not possible, but there are certain visual issues with the transfer - if you relog after the transfer, you'll see all updated values in the Skills menu.

If you didn't get skills now:

• it either didn't show in the skills tab and will show the correct skill value upon relog
  • you've already got those skills transferred with one of the previous skill transfer attempts (only the ones with the corrected skillgain)
  • the skill ticks gained on Jackal were too low for anything to transfer

Continuing the detective work from Some skills seem to not see a transfer from Jackal

13 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Those skills are likely too small to see any transfer. I can check but it would be likely very very tiny, down to 0.00001 

Thanks for checking.  For comparison, I did see some cases where small-ish skill changes on Jackal did show up as transfers to Freedom.  Examples:

Foraging:

19.16 on Jackal

47.396 on Freedom (+0.238)

Although looking more closely, it looks like all the skills that "didn't" transfer are under 16 on Jackal.  Another example that didn't see a transfer to Freedom:

Stone Cutting:

15.53 on Jackal

45.13 on Freedom (+0.00)

I don't have many jackal skills between 16 and 19, so I can't quite tell where the cutoff might be?  But then this data point undermines that theory:

Ship Building:

21.60 on Jackal

15.06 on Freedom (+0.00)

So it seems like it might be more complex than a simple cutoff.  For troubleshooting:

• relogging this morning did not appear to transfer the remaining low-ish skills
  • I don't believe I used a lodestone during the previous skill transfer windows (but am not 100% sure)
  • getting a small tick on Jackal Foraging (19.16) but not getting a small tick with Jackal Shipbuilding (21.60)

To be sure, any of the low-ish skills that didn't transfer wouldn't take very long to compensate for on Freedom, so I'm not terribly concerned at the end of the day.

I got no channeling skill transferred to freedom, not even a 0,000001... 

I did relog now, nothing.

i was not online when the previous skill transfers were "working" so i cant have any old transfers effecting this.

Update:

Going to Jackal and back gave the skill.

[01:11:29] Channeling increased by 19.5581 to 20.5581

Edited by Karidwen

11 hours ago, Samool said:

Not possible, but there are certain visual issues with the transfer - if you relog after the transfer, you'll see all updated values in the Skills menu.

If you didn't get skills now:

• it either didn't show in the skills tab and will show the correct skill value upon relog
  • you've already got those skills transferred with one of the previous skill transfer attempts (only the ones with the corrected skillgain)
  • the skill ticks gained on Jackal were too low for anything to transfer

The last one might explain it then why some where missing then for me anyway

1 hour ago, Sklo:D said:

Does this system make any sense this way?

which part are you looking at/commenting vaguely?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Finnn said:

Man i feel like you post for the sake of posting. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, phennexion said:
5 hours ago, Finnn said:
7 hours ago, Sklo:D said:

Does this system make any sense this way?

Man i feel like you post for the sake of posting. 

I'm actually curious... If he comments without commenting, how could anybody know what he comments than?

On 11/17/2019 at 9:46 PM, Finnn said:

I'm actually curious... If he comments without commenting, how could anybody know what he comments than?

Relax chill down, there is no reason to drop yourself down like this. Comparing the likes of the posts above it could be that your reputation has already got a smaller hit, so stay friendly and we will be friendly too,  never forget we are all friends.

Back to topic.

It is pretty clear from the context of the people posting previously what I am refering to, which obviously is the low skillbonus. Without ever trying Jackal I feel like people aren't seeing a big benefit in playing their if the skillbonus is so low.

1 hour ago, Sklo:D said:

Relax chill down, there is no reason to drop yourself down like this. Comparing the likes of the posts above it could be that your reputation has already got a smaller hit, so stay friendly and we will be friendly too,  never forget we are all friends.

Back to topic.

It is pretty clear from the context of the people posting previously what I am refering to, which obviously is the low skillbonus. Without ever trying Jackal I feel like people aren't seeing a big benefit in playing their if the skillbonus is so low.

It's not me using every opportunity to popularize a personal server on the main game's forum while at the same time undermining the original game or people running it.
How's that for 'dropping down like this', besides a bit closer to reality than above reply.

"Friendly" talk is really cringing in a few levels, almost like a threat in a straight text, wow.

Profile reputation is useless, it's only a number, it's currency for nothing.(somebody liked or agrees with a statement or liked a screenshot/picture of something, etc)

All that mattered was to ask you about your actual opinion, you did provide vague one like it costs time or money to write more.
Seems still hollow, just another hate-hype wagon post(for the likes?), instead of productive criticism leading to a solution to a problem if some seem to find one with the skill gains.

It have been mentioned a few times that the point of jackal isn't to be a meta skill grind instance. Seems like pretty active dev topic, this is probably not the final change to it.

Reason to ask, was that I was a bit fed on half-written hate hype posts about changes and fixes lately..(I was.. triggered to ask, that's all, isn't personal attack, it's curiosity what your mind about this was).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sklo:D said:

Back to topic.

Current jackal is a fun side thing to do on a friday evening after a long day at work and its ###### (cant say the word poop) weather and all your friends are busy and you dont feel like playing any other games and all your deed work in wurm is done and you dont want to do that grind just yet so you go to jackal to waste a few hours there

Thats current jackal now i guess we wait for jackal 2 or what ever you wanna call it and see if there is more content and if its better or not to make it more worthwhile

Edited by wipeout
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Finnn said:

It's not me using every opportunity to popularize a personal server on the main game's forum while at the same time undermining the original game or people running it.
How's that for 'dropping down like this', besides a bit closer to reality than above reply.

"Friendly" talk is really cringing in a few levels, almost like a threat in a straight text, wow.

Right because it is such a big personal gain of running a WU server, I am not sure in which world you are living in. I just can hear lies and hate.

And you are going down to that level again, I would like to ask you one more time to be friendly. You are risking your health for a game mate, that can't be healthy what you are doing. Please remember the rule: If your post is constructive => feel free to post it, if not => leave the people around you alone and don't annoy them.

At the moment you just derailed this thread and not gave a single answer to my questions.

2 hours ago, wipeout said:

Current jackal is a fun side thing to do on a friday evening after a long day at work and its ###### (cant say the word poop) weather and all your friends are busy and you dont feel like playing any other games and all your deed work in wurm is done and you dont want to do that grind just yet so you go to jackal to waste a few hours there

Thats current jackal now i guess we wait for jackal 2 or what ever you wanna call it and see if there is more content and if its better or not to make it more worthwhile

Wipeout first I want to thank you for answering, I agree with you the conecept Jackal can be fun if you don't do it for the benefits you were promised to get from it. Back in the days I had the most fun playing on very fresh servers like, for example when Inde, Deli, Cele, Exo and Pristine came out, also in that time the dragon hunt was real, so it was even more fun with the old dragon system. I also enjoyed playing a lot on Golden Valley it was always fun, as it had some kind of survival experience without any deeds and such stuff. What I also see the challenge in Wurm is that the community should be brought together, it is a lot more fun to play in a big village than in your own big homestead. Pros and cons coming with that but I wouldn't like to play Wurm alone on a single player deed anymore.

• Like 2

On 11/17/2019 at 1:31 AM, Samool said:

the skill ticks gained on Jackal were too low for anything to transfer

What exactly is the cutoff for this? is it some huge number? with 28.1 soul depth on jackal i didn't get any soul depth on either of the previous transfers, but today i went over and did my meditation question and got 

[14:25:36] Soul depth increased by 0.1378

upon returning

i don't believe i got jackal points for it either, but idk if that was already accounted for in previous transfer? for skills that were 50+ that didn't transfer at all do i need to go over and get a few more ticks in them to give the system a kick and get my transfers?

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

Sign in to follow this