Sign in to follow this  
Vomusu

Removing jackal skins from weapons

As stated in title, would be nice to get the ability to remove the skin with a wire brush or something

Can these skins be reapplied? (using another skin on already skinned item to replace it's looks?)

* Even if that is possible.. makes some sense... to have the option to remove it if you do not like it... but the item have good rarity/ql/stats but for the current owner of it.. looks like ...

** Whether the old skin can or should be kept and reimbursed after doing something to remove the skin... depends on how valuable it is?

Not sure if they can be reapplied, because there's only one huge axe skin right now, and thats the skin that I've applied to my axe. Would be great if the skin was recovered, so if somebody is not satisfied with the look you could always sell it, but i'd be happy even if it got destroyed. I just want my old huge axe back, and I dont really want to sell mine and make a new one. As for the value, it costs 200 rift points so you need to destroy around 5 rift beacons on jackal, depending on difficulty (easier beacons give around 20-30 points), also people are selling them for 5s each.

• Like 1

Maybe it makes some sense to have an organizer and use some or all of the cases below:

* let the player learn a skin and when ever player XXXXXX uses YYYYY weapon -> the weapon looks like the YYYYY skin the player have learned and selected to show from it's skin organizer

* same organizer could be letting players export these skins as blueprints or whatever 'skin' item.. which could be traded to another player to use

* or only letting players to apply skins to items.. and trading the items.. to others to enjoy the skills

1st and 2nd option.. working together.. should keep people happy.. probably... allowing them to select how their items should look.. if the skins should be tradeable once learned already.... that's for devs to decide

Plenty of games.. do both.. let you try something and allow to trade it if you do not like it... or ..force you to keep the collectible... different system could later build up on top of that... making you to want to collect one of each skin to get an achievement/reward or a title when a group have been fully collected.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Vomusu said:

Is it ever gonna be possible? @Retrograde

You should have watched the community stream last night 😉

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Wulfgar said:

You should have watched the community stream last night 😉

Ohh, gonna watch the vod then, thanks :)

For antistream people like me a transcript of the important infos of the vids would be very practical...

• Like 1