Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Valrei International. 091

8aWx6LW.png

The Lunalong Building - Dracaa

Greetings Wurmians! 

Retro here with the hottest of goss, the juiciest of news, the most scandalous of tidbits, aka the Valrei International! 

But first..

Patch Notes

Spoiler

PatchNotes.png
  • Jackal change: Jackal skill transfer has been tweaked and re-enabled
  • Jackal change: Premium time and login:
    • Jackal requires premium time in order to transfer to the server.
    • If you lose premium time while on Jackal, you can pay for more time in the shop and then log in again.
    • Plan ahead to be sure you have enough premium time if you wish to continue playing on Jackal and wish to pay with in game silver.
    • If your premium happens to run out unexpectedly and you wish you pay with silver, you now will be able to log into Jackal and will have 2 minutes to pay for premium in game. If premium is not paid for within that time, you will automatically be transferred back to the server you were on prior to going to Jackal.
  • Change: Signature added to additional items upon creation:
    • Archaeology journal
    • Armour stand
    • Banner
    • Beautiful meditation rug
    • Bow rack
    • Copper needle
    • Dioptra
    • Explorer tent
    • Exquisite meditation rug
    • Fine meditation rug
    • Flag
    • Iron needle
    • Kingdom banner
    • Kingdom flag
    • Kingdom tabard
    • Large saddle
    • Meditation rug
    • Military tent
    • Pavilion
    • Polearms rack
    • Range pole
    • Saddle
    • Tall kingdom banner
    • Wardrobe
    • Weapons rack
  • Quality of life changes and fixes:
    • Enchanted Grass can now be cultivated.
    • Lawn and mycelium lawn can now be be cultivated.
    • Decorative pillars can now be transported so they can be hauled up / down.
    • You can now attach mine doors to wide cave entrances (PVE only).
    • Enchanted trees / bushes, will no longer age.
    • Creatures getting branded will now remain stationary during the action.
    • Trash Heaps are now transportable, they can also be hauled up / down.
    • You can now plan a building with a trowel.
    • Large Oil Barrel can now be planted / secured.
    • Ballistae can now be planted / secured.
    • Slabs made of rock shards will now be called stone slabs.
  • Hitching posts have now been added:
    • Any creature that can be hitched to a large cart can be hitched to a hitching post.
    • Hell Horses can be “Tied Off” to a hitching post at any age that is not a foal.
    • A hitching post can hold 3 creatures.
    • Creatures can eat from the trough of a hitching post, as long as there is food in it, that they are normally able to eat.
    • Untamed Hell Horses hitched to a hitching post are docile and will not attack anything as long as they have food in there trough.
    • A creature will eat from a trough at the same rate as they would normally graze / eat from pile.
    • A hitching post cannot be picked up it can only be transported.
    • Hitching posts are lockable and spawn with a 1ql lock on creation.
    • You cannot load or move a hitching post with creatures hitched to it.
    • Hitching posts have 2 main permissions, Manage and Use.
    • A person with use perms can unhitch any horse by either right clicking the horse and clicking unhitch (singular), or right clicking the hitching post and clicking Animals > Unhitch (All of em).
    • Only creature edible items can be placed into a trough (seed, meat, veg, fish and so on).
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue where archaeological journals inside equipped backpacks were not found and updated when investigating.
  • Bugfix: Fixed a few incorrect fragment icons which displayed completed item icons.
  • Bugfix: Fixed a rare issue where archaeology caches wouldn’t be visible until you moved away from the tile then returned.

ClientUpdate.png
  • Change: Introduced HDR rendering to fix oversaturation and improve visuals.
    • Lights overlapping will no longer so easily oversaturate into a white blob.
    • Winter visuals will now appear much more toned.
    • Light range has increased with this change. Make sure to re-configure your deed's lighting setup.
  • Change: Shadow rendering has been revamped for more detail and distance.
  • New: Added Ambient Occlusion option to the post-process settings.
    • This adds shadows in geometry creases and increases the visual fidelity
    • There's Disabled, Medium and High settings - High should be left only to the best performing configurations, and is just a slight improvement over Medium
    • This is turned on by default. If you experience worse performance after this update, try switching it to disabled.
  • Bugfix: Rain occlusion (no rain indoors) will now work on Mac.
  • Bugfix: Fixed animations of 2h weapons and bows.

PatchNotes.png
  • Change: Renamed “Tie off” to “Hitch” on hitching posts
  • New: Added title for 100 repairing.
  • Bugfix: Fixed being able to rename not owned items
  • Bugfix: Hitching posts will now use permissions for the Open option
  • Bugfix: Fixed excessive rarity shine on armor
  • Bugfix: Fixed dyed armor looking incorrect
  • Bugfix: Fixed incorrect hair color
  • Bugfix: Face skin tone should no longer differ from the body

We'd be alright if the wind was(not) in our sails!

No sea shanties here, but there is something coming very soon! 

mOnS6NH.png

That's right, the long wanted ability to furl sails and remove windspeed affecting the ships movement. This allows for better control when parking and also makes the docks a little nicer looking in my opinion! 

In the hall of the mountain farmer

Also coming soon is the ability to farm underground! We'll be adding farming boxes for you to plant and grow any crop inside caves.

jiah854.jpg

These will be able to be built below ground as well as above ground in buildings. They are not able to be tended however. They don't need sunlight either, but that's wogic for you! 

UI works 

One of our goals with the UI update is to add scalability to text to allow for 4k monitors to be a lot easier to read, and with that we're working on allowing UI elements to be resized as you can see below

WnwZz6B.gif

To cut down on clutter within the UI the health/stamina bar will also be compacted, showing CCFP and sleep bonus when moused over 

7yUvZwA.gif

Wurm Unlimited news

As some have already stated, our focus for Wurm unlimited is shifting from content updates from WO to bug fixes and more modding support.  We'll be adding the client modloader to the vanilla WU client which will allow for easier control of mods as well as many other features. We'll be working closely with server admins and modders via the Discord server in providing as much support as we can. While this does mean the end of content updates from us, our goal is to provide as much freedom as possible to the modders to continue to push what is possible in Wurm. 

Community Content

The Lunalong is here! In the amazing underground halls of Kappa on Xanadu, located just near Lormere is the annual Lunalong by Dracaa, it's an amazing deed, with amazing people, and just, gosh, so amazing. There's even a maze...ing

This Friday our very own Bloody Drongo will be hosting his annual fashion competition there too, so make sure to get your swimsuit body ready (or harvest one) and attend! 

There's a lot in the works, and our focus is on making Wurm the best game it can be over the next few months, this includes the loyalty system I have discussed as well as other features including improvements to Animal Husbandry, combat and a bunch of other things yet to hit the table. 

We're always looking ahead, and it looks great. 

Until next time, keep on Wurming! 

Retrograde & the Wurm team

• Like 24

Nice!

Please allow the planting boxes on surface also :P

Edited by Cecci
  • Like 19
  • Cat 2

Good stuff, thanks folks!

Will the compacted health/stamina bar be a toggle on/off option? The only way I remember to turn my sleep bonus off half the time is when I catch sight of it still being shiny white...

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

That's right, the long wanted ability to furl sails and remove windspeed affecting the ships movement. This allows for better control when parking and also makes the docks a little nicer looking in my opinion! 

Also coming soon is the ability to farm underground! We'll be adding farming boxes for you to plant and grow any crop inside caves.

OMG OMG OMG SO GOOD! And like Cecci said, I hope we can use those boxes on the surface as well!

UI works 

One of our goals with the UI update is to add scalability to text to allow for 4k monitors to be a lot easier to read, and with that we're working on allowing UI elements to be resized as you can see below

https://i.imgur.com/7yUvZwA.gifv

THANK YOU! This is something I have suffered with for some time and it's embarrassed me to be showing Wurm on stream because of this issue, so glad to see this improvement!

To cut down on clutter within the UI the health/stamina bar will also be compacted, showing CCFP and sleep bonus when moused over 

https://i.imgur.com/WnwZz6B.gifv

Like Crimson said, I am hoping that we can also toggle this. I for one want to watch the sleep bonus going down while I'm in a rush to make the best use out of it. And I also sometimes forget it's turned on until I notice the white color. 

Looks like a lot of exciting and great things coming, well done team!

Edited by Malena
  • Like 3

"While this does mean the end of content updates from us, our goal is to provide as much freedom as possible to the modders to continue to push what is possible in Wurm"

Am I reading this right?
So it will be up to the independent server owners to mod WO content updates to WU in the future?

1 hour ago, crimsonearth said:

Will the compacted health/stamina bar be a toggle on/off option? The only way I remember to turn my sleep bonus off half the time is when I catch sight of it still being shiny white...

I agree - please make it an optional toggle, even if the default changes.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Wurm Unlimited news

As some have already stated, our focus for Wurm unlimited is shifting from content updates from WO to bug fixes and more modding support.  We'll be adding the client modloader to the vanilla WU client which will allow for easier control of mods as well as many other features. We'll be working closely with server admins and modders via the Discord server in providing as much support as we can. While this does mean the end of content updates from us, our goal is to provide as much freedom as possible to the modders to continue to push what is possible in Wurm.

I'd keep in mind the potential for texture packs when working on the mod interface, it might encourage the folk that are currently working on such things to keep at it.~

jiah854.jpg
What about mushrooms?
If chlorophyll can breathe in mines, could you add mushroom farming to the game?
saprophytes don't need light 🍄

Edited by Steveleeb
  • Like 4

Every now and then when reading the forums I come across opinions spouting doom and gloom for this great game and it does sadden me.

These updates are so positive and I honestly thank the entire team for their hard work and effort. I also agree with the idea from Cecci that it would be marvellous if the planting boxes are available on the surface.

One question: Will the planting boxes be able to be constructed inside cave houses or other buildings?

• Like 2
  • Cat 1

I'd love to see those planting boxes above ground and in houses as well. Then we just need some glass roofs for the houses and you'd have greenhouses.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

While this does mean the end of content updates from us

This should've been mentioned at first place, sad to hear.

Does that farm box thingy work exactly like if you were farming outside the normal way? Yields are same etc? Hopefully we can somehow manage/adjust the sails and not only "on and off". 

Edit, i mean like normal, half sails and no sails modes at least. 

Edited by Themystrix
  • Like 1

Really nice! Add tree in a planter box please for more underground decor. If crops don't need sunlight then neither do trees :)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Jackal change: Jackal skill transfer has been tweaked and re-enabled

Was it? It's not working for me

Farming underground is a nice update.

https://i.imgur.com/7yUvZwA.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/WnwZz6B.gifv

... I really wish imgur gifs would be properly embedded

https://i.imgur.com/7yUvZwA.mp4

WnwZz6B.gif

Gif's work from imgur (or any image for that matter) if you right click and copy the image address, the other one is an mp4 and it doesn't seem to have support for preview on the forum

Edited by faty

3 hours ago, Retrograde said:

This looks great! Please allow them on the surface too!  

3 hours ago, Retrograde said:

For anybody who's ever seen my sailing / trying to moor I greatly need this, thank you!  :P

Very old, but personally one of my best mooring jobs ever.....

Spoiler

3o5loFO.jpg?1

• Like 8

43 minutes ago, Vomusu said:

Was it? It's not working for me

this is just a copypaste of all small updates, but without date...

13 minutes ago, tamat said:

this is just a copypaste of all small updates, but without date...

Yep i know, but whats the point of posting something that doesnt work / was disabled?

3 hours ago, crimsonearth said:

Or they could make the entire background (the stone/marbly bit) turn shiny white while sleep bonus is active in order to still provide an obvious visual indication that your sb is on.

Wurm Unlimited (WU) is THE direct competitor to Wurm Online Steam (WOS) when it goes live.  Of course they are going to throw WU under the bus so that WOS makes money for them.  I think WOS can be seen as literally a Steam reboot for the new owners of the Wurm IP and so it makes sense they would cease content updates for WU.  Think of WU as Steam version 1 and WOS as version 2.  It was inevitable.

4 hours ago, crimsonearth said:

Will the compacted health/stamina bar be a toggle on/off option?

Yes please - I wish for sleep bonus and favour bars to remain visible, so I can see at a glance how much I have left. :) 

Awesome new content afoot!  Thanks for these. 

4 hours ago, Cecci said:

Please allow the planting boxes on surface also :P

Yes, it would be nice if those growing boxes could be grown 'up top' outside too!

For those of us living where space is at a premium - for example small islands with no rock layer, it would be nice to have these boxes to plant on the surface.  Please allow the boxes to be set up on the flat roofs of buildings - it's the Eco-friendly way to farm! :) 

• Like 2

Well, modders, time to start obfuscating your code.  It's only fair.

• Like 1

OMGs thank you for the Lunalong shout out :D and im sooooooo excited about the farming boxes i can put green in my Undercity now or soon. i was just talking to Shrimpiie how having more green in the caves be great. Cuz i have been using gravel as my grass lol. i think we could use moss as a ground cover would be great. since some mosses do grow underground but knowing you guys. you are on something like that now lol.  I worked so hard to make it look like a city. :D and having trees be cool. i be ok if they werent harvest-able i be using them for making it more lively in the Undrcity. thank you dev team for your hard work and greatness on getting these things out to us. this is why i love this game every game. and to you all hope to see you soon i have prizes and all kinds of fun stuff to do. so see me at the Lunalong on Kappa of Xanadu Q15. yes there is a port and just last night Kindrashea and i made a tank for a Whale come see it and have some special milk too. :D see you guys there.

22 minutes ago, Mordraug said:

Well, modders, time to start obfuscating your code.  It's only fair.

They'd just be shooting themselves in the foot. Just imagine that there is a really popular mod and the modder quits, dies, whatever. He's gone and since it's obfuscated nobody else can easily make a fork and continue the work. Good way for the modders to kill their own modding scene in the long run.

• Like 1
  • Cat 1