Sign in to follow this  
Ekcin

Xanadu map problems

Recommended Posts

While there is a fine community map for Xanadu at https://wurmonlinemaps.com/Xanadu any maintenance for that site appears to have stopped since July 23. There have been lots of update requests in the community map since, none of those having been served. I have pointed out that fact twice in the thread, without reaction.

 

Is there anybody able to access the site and to perform the updates? Or will a new community map be necessary instead?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1....I completely agree, we should either hand it over to another willing person or start a new.....Any willing Xanadu cartographers out there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We know who's responsible for the map-updates.

 

Anyone ever thought about sending that person a PM to ask what's going on and / or is going to happen?

As that might shine some light at the situation, considering posting replies in the map topic or creating a new topic obviously don't help.

 

Thorin :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Thorinoakshield said:

We know who's responsible for the map-updates.

 

Anyone ever thought about sending that person a PM to ask what's going on and / or is going to happen?

As that might shine some light at the situation, considering posting replies in the map topic or creating a new topic obviously don't help.

 

Thorin :) 

Whoever "we" is might consider to send such a message through whatever channel. I know the playernames who did the updates, but do not how to contact them. I have not seen any of them for a long time. So sending a PM over forums seems a vain attempt to me, and ingame no way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really?

 

you got the answer in your own post in the map topic:
 

 

 

 

Anyway, since no-one bothered to look beyond the tip of their nose, I've decided to check if / when Crazydad was online, noticed it wasn't very recently and send him a PM.

 

It's easy if you do some research.

 

Thorin :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And thus:
 

PM 1:
(mine)



Just out of curiousity,

 

are you still updating the Xan online map, or is there someone else doing that now?

There have been multiple questions about not having the map being updated for months in the map-topic, yet no reply from you.

There has been a topic about it, yet no reply from you.

 

If you're too busy for it, at least let the community know about the how and what, as the way things are going right now, isn't very supportive towards that same community.

 

Thorin :)

 

PM 2: (Crazydad's reply)

 



 

Thank you for taking the time to contact me. I haven't been making updates on the Xan map for some time because I don't play WO anymore, and have talked to the map owner about it. I thought he would either do the updates himself or ask someone else to. 

   I'll look into doing the updates today. If you or anyone else would like to do the updates I can give you/them the contact info to the map owner.

 

See how easy it is?

 

Thorin :) 

 

PS [/sarcasm]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, thanks that you contacted him, and thanks to Crazydad that he did the update work. The reason why I had not written a PM to him simply was that I indeed assumed that he had left WO and also the forums. And mind that I am not even 2 years in WO, and bit reluctant to contact people other certainly know years longer and much better, maybe even over RL contacts. Insofar I consider your scolding or mockery somewhat rude and arrogant. I am hesitant to ever interfere in those public affairs once more when my attempts to get things done are treated that way.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I contacted JackJones late last night and have been given editor perms on the map data. Between CrazyDad and myself, we should be much faster at responding to requested updates. I for one follow Niarja pretty closely, so will be taking disbanded deeds off within a day or two of them disbanding. If you see a requested update not being made, feel free to contact me in-game, same name, or here.

Oh, and play nice why don't ya...

  • Like 2
  • Cat 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ekcin said:

Well, thanks that you contacted him, and thanks to Crazydad that he did the update work. The reason why I had not written a PM to him simply was that I indeed assumed that he had left WO and also the forums. And mind that I am not even 2 years in WO, and bit reluctant to contact people other certainly know years longer and much better, maybe even over RL contacts. Insofar I consider your scolding or mockery somewhat rude and arrogant. I am hesitant to ever interfere in those public affairs once more when my attempts to get things done are treated that way.

 

Call it whatever you like, but if you don't have the balls to contact someone in a PM, then also don't create the topics to let others solve your problems.

It doesn't matter how long someone is playing this game to get things solved. All you had to do was check the profile to see how long someone has been off line. If you'd done that, you'd seen that it hasn't been long and that thus there was an option to contact through a PM.

 

What I don't like is people yelling from a side line that things aren't done right; either here or ingame; but at the same time won't lift a finger to improve things. If you don't have the balls to contact someone in PM, you might as well not create a topic to let others solve the problem for you. Because that kind of behaviour gives me a very bad taste in my mouth. And it's the kind of behaviour I've seen of you a few times now.

 

1 hour ago, DaletheGood said:

I contacted JackJones late last night and have been given editor perms on the map data. Between CrazyDad and myself, we should be much faster at responding to requested updates. I for one follow Niarja pretty closely, so will be taking disbanded deeds off within a day or two of them disbanding. If you see a requested update not being made, feel free to contact me in-game, same name, or here.

Oh, and play nice why don't ya...

 

Thx for picking this up, Dale.

Keep in mind you can also check the ingame Area history to see which deeds are disbanded.

Also, daily updates won't be needed (anymore), imho. It's not that we're having dozens of new or disbanding deeds each day nowadays. :D So a weekly update may be sufficient enough. But that's imho.

 

Thorin :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Thorinoakshield said:

Call it whatever you like, but if you don't have the balls to contact someone in a PM, then also don't create the topics to let others solve your problems.

 

1) I like balls...

2) Thanks for the assist, Dale!

3) Thanks all for the patience...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this