Sign in to follow this  
Victor

Server Merge

How about a big, fat, nope.

There is more than just a monetary value connected to someone's deed that you simply cannot compensate for. Many deeds have been around for over half a decade, tons of money into them, time put into the terraforming, materials, ect. There is just no way to properly compensate for it. The amount of servers arises from previously higher population counts, where there was a legitimate need to expand the Wurm world, but removing servers now would decimate the existing playerbase for virtually no gain whatsoever.

• Like 2
  • Cat 1

While I understand the intent behind this suggestion, for the reasons the players have stated as well as others we won't be taking any actions like this. 

I won't lock the suggestion but I can say it's not one that is going to be considered 

• Like 2

If you want wurm to die even more then this would be the thing to do, You might not have a attachment to the place you are living in but a lot of us old players the ones who stick around in a place for a few years do we love our deeds we build them with years of work and going through that again? ya no thanks once was more then enough and the insane playerbase drop that happened because of it(and wurm never really recovered from) is proof that closing servers does not work

This is such a crap idea.

But I'd still vote for it on condition that this hypothetical new server is 99.9% PvP with a tiny little place reserved for PvE. Say about 10 x 10 tiles should be ok :mellow:

• Like 1

I would compromise with the ability to sail from each and every map to another map. It could take days but I would love to sail the entire world.

1 hour ago, lowborn said:

I would compromise with the ability to sail from each and every map to another map. It could take days but I would love to sail the entire world.

You can already sail between every map on the same cluster (exception of Jackal of course). Do you mean you want to sail between the Freedom and Epic clusters?

-1 and -1 to xanadu being to big, i wish it was 4 time as large with half the players.

some people enjoy the solitude. Not everyone likes the crowded areas, the paved and civilized terrains. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lisimba said:
2 hours ago, lowborn said:

You can already sail between every map on the same cluster (exception of Jackal of course). Do you mean you want to sail between the Freedom and Epic clusters?

You can sail between all servers.. if you do NOT use the 'Plot Course' option.. you'll be using the old method.. there to cross from Pristine/release.. you'd have to reach xanadu, than around it.. and than reach the other border of maps... and chaos.. eventually... 

Old system was a pain to use, but offered that experience of hour/+ to get from one map to another, the expansion with planned courses when crossing borders did good to players offering a bit of time travel option.. skipping the time spent for sailing around...

As scenic the path could be.. it takes time... and you know.. time.. could be spent in so many other ways.. sailing around isn't always the best option.

As for crossing to epic, you have the portals to visit any day and to try the pvp and no skill/gear loss, well no item/skill loss from your freedom character.. other than time. You could trade some time to have epic fun if you're into that.

Jackal is pretty tamed now I'd guess, probably easy to check it out if you haven't yet. Chaos probably good chance to visit most of the server without seeing another soul.. who knows, it's a gamble.

I wouldn't like this at all, and not just because of the time and effort I've put into my deed.  The open spaces allow for interesting game play.  Wide expanses of undeeded land give us hunting grounds. The untamed space in Xanadu is how we got a dragon that lived for years just chillin between the deeds of two very active players. You don't get that on servers that are so condensed you can't find a chicken without tripping over someone's perimeter.

• Like 4

-1, My deed is a project that I've been working on for years and plan to work on for years to come. Nothing is more annoying then getting your work wiped out while you're only halfway done with it. A refund of the deed cost would in no way compensate me for all the lost time and the deed is one of the main reasons I'm playing, it's the pet project that keeps pulling me back in. Taking stuff like that away from players is incredibly risky. Players are like boats in that regard, the odds of them drifting off increase dramatically if you cut off their anchor.

• Like 1