Sign in to follow this  
Jaz

[possibly no bug]Love tiles broken on Jackal

A formerly working love tile is not existing anymore - all tiles still intact.

Tried to create a new love tile - 9 flat tiles near water and all with flowers, not working either.

Tested all 9 tiles on both areas many times, no love cult specific oneliner messages show up, no "special tile" when timer finished and of course no questions.

Trees growing in a closer area can destroy a love tile. 

Sometimes you need to cut down trees in the area around as far as I can remember.

For what it's worth, I used my PoL tile on Jackal a day or two ago and successfully advanced to Rock on an alt.

One thing that stands out for me is that the 5x5, 25 -tile area around the PoL tile should be mostly grass (with or without flowers). So if only 9 tiles have grass/flowers, that won't be enough. To make things somewhat easier, though, you'll only need four flowers in that 5x5 area.

Edited by Gwyn

From what I recall, it should be a 5x5 area (as Gwyn mentioned), with 13+ grass tiles, containing 5 or more flowers, with at least 1 water tile in any cardinal direction, 20 tiles away.

Thank you for the tips, I'll try to expand to 5x5. I wonder where the 3x3 came to my mind originally (many years ago).

Im checking some stuff with this. If you can, please check any special tiles you know of, and them pm me the following info.

1. which server you are on

2. what path the tile was for

3. when was the tile made

4. Is the tile special anymore(does it show the message after meditation)*

5. If anything within 10 tiles in each direction of the special tile has been modified in any way(like changing to a different tile type, terrain changes, buildings, trees, ect)

*if it doesnt show the message, try it 4 more times and see if you get the message.

Edited by Nicrolis

The tile can jump around as well my love tile is not always  in same tile but nearby .

Even got it on packed dirt , also sometimes there is 2 Love tiles beside each other.

It have never dissapeared totally for me. May add a screenshot. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moogien said:

The tile can jump around as well my love tile is not always  in same tile but nearby .

You just gave me another possibility on why so many people saw their tiles "disappear" around the same time... asking around to verify before I spout what I think it might be. Thanks moogien!

Checked again the fresh area - it has now a PoL tile.

In the 5x5 there are dirts, pumpkins but majorit is grass and grass with flowers.

I supppose maybe all tiles qualify where all the requirements are true - maybe the tile at the old spot is gone because new trees grew around my original 3x3 assumption (I cannot currently check that spot).

A quick map of the current spot (Jackal):

R8HK2xW.png

green: Path of Love working tile

blue: underwater

G> grass

F> flowers

D> dirt

P> pumkins

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

I assume that the original tile was withing the 3x3 of Flowers on the right side?

2 minutes ago, Nicrolis said:

I assume that the original tile was withing the 3x3 of Flowers on the right side?

This is a freshly made spot - the one which has the tile disapeeared is not in my current area so could not recheck.

• Like 1