Sign in to follow this  
Rekaziah

Split Rock 1x1x (New-Nov2019)

___Split Rock___

Note- This is mainly a PVE server with a 800x1000 PVP Zone.

http://45.37.23.126/wurmmapviewer/

The story is always the same for the people of Split Rock. 

They were all from different lands, but they were happy and living in peace. Some were farmers, some crafters or merchants, some political figures. Some had large families and some had many servants and lived in on large estates. Then tragedy struck! Their families were killed or died from diseases. They lost their jobs and positions. They lost their businesses and or were thrown in prison. When they had lost everything and thought that their lives could not get any worse a strange cloaked figure came to them and offered them a deal. He pulled out a strange glowing orb and told them that he would give them a new life in a beautiful land. All they had to do was touch the glowing orb he held in his hand. 

When they awoke, they had an idea of who they had been and what had happened but they couldn’t remember the skills that they had learned in their previous life. They also realized that they had a little knowledge of the new land. They knew this was a land of magic and the magic could be welded by following one of the Gods of this land( there was no magic in the land they came from) and they knew many deadly creatures lived here. Also the land wasn’t what they thought it would be. The land was beautiful yes, but rugged and full of dangerous creatures. They then realized that all they had were rags for clothes, a steel and flint, a carving knife, a tent , a shovel, and a pickaxe.

Many died soon after arriving in the new land but much to their surprise they were resurrected by the spirits after paying a penalty by losing some of what they had learned.

Special server details

• x1 skill x1 action timers
  • 19.5 starting characteristics
  • 8k map
  • 280,000 creatures 
  • Mountain heights go up to 15,000
  • Vanilla priest restrictions
  • 24hr farm ticks
  • Small PVP zone
  • Worgs, Sol Demons, and other difficult mobs 
  • Random spawns
  • Start with steel & flint, carving knife, tent, shovel, and pickaxe only
  • Building skill mod- set at 2x skill
  • Dungeon mod for future dungeon zones, special items purchasable with dungeon zone currency 
  • Bounty mod
  • Movement mod- vehicles and mounts have increased speed
  • Move to center mod
  • Unleash mod- uniques roam freely 
  • Sleep in tents mod
  • Fishmonger
  • Discord Relay
  • Discord link https://discord.gg/qQWYrXb
  • Locations with special loot will be added( warning- these locations will have plenty of dangerous mobs guarding them) Special loot includes but is not limited too: moon metals, dragon-hide/scale, shoulders, rings, rare and supreme named items( that can be used or collected), other non-craft able items. 
  • Kingdom items mod
  • Tabards mod
  • Dig to ground
  • Treasure maps
  • Hitching post
  • Meditation skill gain increased
  • more potables 
  • WARNING: This is a server that some will consider difficult.

Rules

1. No Client mods except live map
  2. No harassing, verbally assaulting, or belittling other players
  3. No land bridges 
  4. Bridges over waterways must be 40 dirt high(50 for rope bridges).
  5. English only in server channels
  6. No Macros, scripts, or bots of any kind.

Players that violate these rules could be permanently banned, depending on the situation. 

s2VYsW.png

Edited by Rekaziah

to make crude tools you need rocks, so need surface rock, no shovel means you cant dig to get to rock. So basically forcing people to suicide over and over until they are near natural rockface in order to even make basic tools.

I personally do not think suicide is necessary. A player might need to do some exploring and possibly die to find a rock face though. I wanted this to be a little challenging.

die/suicide is the same thing really imo

Naked with no weapon as soon as you get agroed you are pretty much dead but yeah cant do anything until you get rock surface to either mine with pick or rummage for iron to make crude tools.

Challenge sure, just sayin until you get surface rock you can't really do anything 😃

I'll be on this server for the next few weeks, see how it goes.

You random spawn on map, so meeting up with friends could be troublesome.

It is a bit of a rough start, naked, no weapon but with shovel and tent now it's much easier imo than at launch.

Just get yourself a spot and start digging and then mining, deeding is vanilla costs so you need that 3s in your bank to do it, so only way to do that atm is via bounty as no tokens to deposit coins into. Might take me a few days to get a deed up but feel free to poke me in game if you want, I am happy to do village invites once I am deeded.

• Like 1

at around 1s so far of the 4s 21c needed to deed, decided to stop hunting and work on building a guard tower for now. So will be a few more days before I get deed up and running. Around 6 of us have all gathered in same spot to work together so far, nice group of people 😃

• Like 1

Server first.

Nov 11, 2019 11:27:54 PM  Coldie founded Retirement Home

• Like 2

For me it has very little lag. I get an occasional 3-6 sec lag spike maybe every few hours. I use a dedicated server through Low.ms

-Four Dungeon zones and tons of server achievements have been added.

-I will also be periodically posting new achievements that have been earned.

Congratulations to all achievement earners!!!!!

Calthaza- Beginner Farmer, Beginner Carpenter, land owner

Kizmet -Land Owner

Graiden- Land owner

Pyro - Land owner

Dominix -Land owner, Beginner Repairer

Whiskeybent -Beginner tower builder

Coldie -Land owner

New achievements earned:

Pyro- Orchard Owner, Beginner Repairer, Repairer,  Beginner Fighter, Fighter, Mercenary, Beginner Digger, Digger, Beginner Carpenter, Beginner Farmer, Beginner Woodcutter, Rock and Dirt Stock Pile Owner, Beginner Butcher, Beginner at Animal Husbandry, Split Rock Contributor

Selenia- Beginner Miner

Hallin- Land Owner

Whiskeybent- Land Owner

Kizmet- Beginner Fighter, Beginner Miner, Beginner Blacksmith, Beginner Digger

Calthaza- Beginner Repairer, Beginner Ship Builder, Beginner Woodcutter, 

Kicks -Beginner Digger

Ranger- Beginner Carpenter

Elric- Beginner Blacksmith

Graiden- Beginner Repairer, Beginner Digger, Beginner Mason, 

Draxner- Beginner Miner

Gruff- Beginner Farmer

Krystyna- Beginner Carpenter

"This is a server that some will consider difficult."

My review of this server and others like it:

What is meant by "difficult" is that this is a TEDIOUS server, not hard. Mobs are easily enough avoided by newbs. But the 1x1 snail crawl makes this server extremely tedious. And then after you invest all of that time these types of servers vanish. Only an exceedingly few are around longer than six months. They are not worth the risk of losing the time invested at a 1x1 pace. No fun at all unless you like watching grass grow only to have it turned into a parking lot. 

I am unsure of why you felt the need to bash this server. I don't see any evidence in your post that this server will fail in a few months. If you don't like the 1x1 server pace that is fine but why bash this server for it? Have you played on this server?

Also i said SOME will consider this server difficult. Not everyone will think this is a difficult server but some will and did and still do, because many that logged on said it. 

Edited by Rekaziah
added last line

I'm not bashing anything. I'm telling the truth. 1x1 is tedious. And the number of 1x1 servers that are successful over the long haul are very few. That is also the truth. The rest end up fading away. So yes, it's difficult to know that this will be nothing more than a waste of time. There is nothing wrong with telling people of the risk. I'm sure your intentions are nothing more than good and I hope people who use lots of their time on your server are not disappointed. 

I like the server a lot.

You start with a limited amount of tools, and if you want to go solo, you would find a nice spot, somewhat close to clay and get a guard tower built to help you kill stuff to fund your deed.

You can also join one of the existing deeds, as there are several that take in new players, eighter to stay there, or to get an easier start to go off alone (or with friends) later.

The 1x/1x can be a bit tedious, also for me, as I never played on anything slower then 2.5x/4x before. But then again, it makes so most people are not "skillcapped" within a month, even if you start late and want to specialize, you might find that you are amongst the ones with the highest skill within virtually no time.

The large map sometimes have the 3min poll, which you seem to always get on servers at this size, but besides that there are not any noticeable lag, even as i am playing from Europe, and the server is in the US.

The nice thing with the size of the map, is that you can easily find a nice spot to build without building on top of your neighbour, and there are also some mailboxes around the world that makes for trading between players.

/Calth

PS: Hanel, this game is mostly "waste of time" anyways, no matter what server. Most servers will be wiped/discontinued at some point. Actually, all games are waste of time, we do play games to spend time that we do not use on other things. Same as books, newspapers, movies ++

New Achievements earned: 

Calthaza-Cotton Hoarder, Beginner and Regular Cotton Farmer, Boat Dock Builder, Beginner Stone Cutter, Split Rock Contributor, Dirt Stockpile Owner, Beginner at Nature, Beginner Digger, Farmer, Carpenter,

Kicks- Digger

Pyro- Beginner at Meditation, Beginner at Nature, Beginner Mason, Beginner Cotton Farmer, Large Orchard Owner, Sand Stockpile Owner, Farmer, Log Stockpile Owner, Beginner Road Builder, Road Builder, Very Large Orchard Owner,

-Beginner at First Aid,  Beginner at Aggressive Fighting, Beginner Staff and Axe Welder, Vineyard Owner, Armored in Chain, Honored Of Spilt Rock, Spider and Horse Killer, Beginner Gardener, Carpenter, Large Vineyard Owner,

-Shaft Stockpile owner, Beginner and Normal Vegetable Farmer, 

Selenia- Beginner at Channeling, Rock Stockpile Owner, Beginner Fighter, 

Tsali- Beginner Carpenter, Beginner Digger, Beginner Tower Builder, 

Kizmet- Beginner Road Builder, Beginner Mason, Boat Dock Builder, Killer of Horses, 

Elric- Beginner repairer, Beginner Chain Armor Smith, Beginner Prospector, Beginner Smith, Armored in Chain, Beginner Mining, 

Hawkmoon- Beginner Coal Maker

Zodica- Beginner Carpenter, Land Owner, Bison Rancher, Beginner Farmer, Beginner Digger, Workshop Builder, 

Sierrah- Beginner Potter, Beginner Repairer, Beginner Woodcutter

Sebastion- Beginner Digger, Rock Stockpile Owner, Beginner Miner

Elyde- Rock Stockpile Owner

Obliq- Beginner Cloth Tailor, Land Owner, Beginner Digger, Beginner Carpenter,

Graiden- Boat Dock Builder, Beginner Stone Cutter, Beginner Woodcutter, Beginner Chain Armor Smith,

Draxner- Beginner Prospector

Split Rock is a GREAT 1x server with tons of land to claim and make your own on a beautiful 8k map. In addition to QoL mods the admin has added extras such as an extensive achievement system for skills, building, hunting etc. 1x servers are not for everyone, but if you enjoy a slower pace and that feeling you get from building your settlement up from nothing then come check us out :)