Sign in to follow this  
Actuarius

What are the player skill transfer mechanics between Jackal, Freedom, and Epic?

Throw a new dog a bone here?  I'm not sure what irreversible issues may happen if I check out Epic (Elevation?) then return to Freedom.  same question if I want to travel to Jackal, then travel back to Freedom.

Also - If I'm in Epiq or Jackal, how do I get back to Freedom?

Lastly - regarding Items - it is my understanding that NO items can transfer between these three clusters. (Just..  confirming). 

Id like to check out the play styles on these other servers, but I'd like to future proof myself from Rage-quitting Wurm.  

Thanks!  And Cheers!

The only irreversible thing will be that you will see lands you have not seen before.

Epic: Through Epic portals. You will be clad in starter equipment. But if you take the portal to Elevation from the home server, you will be without equipment, but with your skills.  At your first visit you choose your kingdom, MR, JK, or HotS, and land on your according home server. This is irreversible unless you let yourself convert by a character from an opposite kingdom. When going to Epic, your Freedom skills count according to the Epic curve, which means, higher than on Freedom (unless you have skill 100, that is same on both). When you use the portal back, all in Freedom will be as before. You may use portals in starter towns, or craft your own.

Jackal: You will be without any equipment on arrival. Now that Jackal started for a longer period, there will be newcomer chests in public places so you may shorten the process and grab some stuff. Otherwise you will have to forage and rummage for branches, iron rock etc. to create some crude tools and bootstrap your character. Your skills will all be 1. Way back through the portal (lodestone) either in starter point Camp Freedom or elsewhere. For Jackal portal the same holds: use that in starter towns on Freedom or craft your own.

Skill transfer: Jackal->Freedom yes when fixed. Epic->Freedom none (may change some day).

Item transfer: None. On Epic also none between Elevation and home servers at this moment. Also, no way to sail between any server in the Epic cluster at the moment.

Edited by Ekcin

2 hours ago, Ekcin said:

The only irreversible thing will be that you will see lands you have not seen before.

Epic: Through Epic portals. You will be clad in starter equipment. But if you take the portal to Elevation from the home server, you will be without equipment, but with your skills.  At your first visit you choose your kingdom, MR, JK, or HotS, and land on your according home server. This is irreversible unless you let yourself convert by a character from an opposite kingdom. When going to Epic, your Freedom skills count according to the Epic curve, which means, higher than on Freedom (unless you have skill 100, that is same on both). When you use the portal back, all in Freedom will be as before. You may use portals in starter towns, or craft your own.

Jackal: You will be without any equipment on arrival. Now that Jackal started for a longer period, there will be newcomer chests in public places so you may shorten the process and grab some stuff. Otherwise you will have to forage and rummage for branches, iron rock etc. to create some crude tools and bootstrap your character. Your skills will all be 1. Way back through the portal (lodestone) either in starter point Camp Freedom or elsewhere. For Jackal portal the same holds: use that in starter towns on Freedom or craft your own.

Skill transfer: Jackal->Freedom yes when fixed. Epic->Freedom none (may change some day).

Item transfer: None. On Epic also none between Elevation and home servers at this moment. Also, no way to sail between any server in the Epic cluster at the moment.

but freedom skills transfer to epic...

• Like 1