Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 4/NOV/19

PatchNotes.png
  • New: Emails will be sent to deed mayors when upkeep falls below 30 days and again when it falls below 7 days.
  • Change: Decorative items in containers and placed on other items should no longer decay.
  • Due to the situation with Xanadu not receiving the 5 hours sleep bonus after the rollback, we will be providing all servers with 10 hours sleep bonus during the regular restart on the 14th of November.
  • Bugfix: Fixed a bug where some items made before the signature update didn’t actually show the signatures when over 20 quality.
  • Bugfix: The volume of measuring jugs can be adjusted while the jug is in inventory or in an inventory subgroup.  It cannot be adjusted if the jug is inside a container.
  • Bugfix: Hitching posts can now be placed and turned when not planted.
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue where relatively new traders failed to have merchant and trader contracts in their inventory for sale.
  • Bugfix: Fixed the issue with some decorations and light sources not getting heating to glowing in a fire source.

ClientUpdate.png
  • Bugfix: Change stone shards’ description to match the name.
  • Bugfix: Fixed blue terrain on certain settings
  • Bugfix: Fixed some of the excessive shininess
  • Like 6

Does that mean that all other servers will have gotten 15hrs SB and Xana only 10?

Xanadu will also receive the 5 hours when the servers come back from this update.

• Like 1

Hello,

Thanks for these; especially the emails to deed owners.

Just to say the patch hasn't fixed my trader who is still missing personal merchant and trader contracts.

31 minutes ago, crimsonearth said:

Hello,

Thanks for these; especially the emails to deed owners.

Just to say the patch hasn't fixed my trader who is still missing personal merchant and trader contracts.

Please see instructions posted on your bug report for resolution ;)

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

1 hour ago, Samool said:

Xanadu will also receive the 5 hours when the servers come back from this update.

There is something botched though. I logged out with bit more than 5hrs SB, and now, after patch and having been in bed, I have 10h 0min 0s SB. What happened to my 6h SB from Journal? I have both The Winding Road and Going the Distance complete.

The issue is not so much having lost a few minutes of SB, rather whether my 6h don't work anymore. 

1 minute ago, Ekcin said:

There is something botched though. I logged out with bit more than 5hrs SB, and now, after patch and having been in bed, I have 10h 0min 0s SB. What happened to my 6h SB from Journal? I have both The Winding Road and Going the Distance complete.

The issue is not so much having lost a few minutes of SB, rather whether my 6h don't work anymore. 

Sleep bonus hard cap is at 10h. The journal cap refers to the bonus you can gain yourself, the soft cap, which is at 5h by default.

• Like 2

I tried logging in a 2nd toon but it started downloading an update so I logged the current toon I had online and I have 0 toon logged in and keep having the option to Retry and it reload again but fail to allow me to log back in the game (I thought there was a 2nd patch installed I had no issues logging on earlier after the patch was installed)

https://prnt.sc/psdjkw

4 hours ago, Samool said:

Sleep bonus hard cap is at 10h. The journal cap refers to the bonus you can gain yourself, the soft cap, which is at 5h by default.

Thanks for the information, I shall keep it in mind.

On 11/4/2019 at 2:14 PM, DevBlog said:

• New: Emails will be sent to deed mayors when upkeep falls below 30 days and again when it falls below 7 days.

Thank you. I can't tell you how delighted I am about that.

• Like 2

even if i got 40hours of sleep bonus i dont relay care ....   i would like more 400 more ppl online every day

On 11/4/2019 at 2:14 PM, DevBlog said:
New: Emails will be sent to deed mayors when upkeep falls below 30 days and again when it falls below 7 days.

-when something bad happend to some wurmanian, they bring the update!  :S   

-when i lost my deed, soon after they make update to make us real dictators on deeds.

-when i fix or inprove part of highway -   i got ban....   soon after that we got cateyes highway system and everyone start to fix, inprove, destroy highways and starting to protect them.   Nobody gets ban anymore :D

-when i ....

everything bad that happend to us bring out something good at end.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sila said:

when i fix or inprove part of highway -   i got ban....

You broke a valid highway connection by removing portions of the road without consulting GMs, and also failed to replace the tiles properly, invalidating the highway. There are screenshots of it, and all of this was against the rules at the time.

I really wish you'd stop being dishonest about old GM actions taken against you. You were temporarily banned because you broke the rules. Please move on; slandering the GM team isn't a very nice thing to do.

Edited by Ostentatio
  • Like 1

On 11/4/2019 at 8:14 AM, DevBlog said:

Change: Decorative items in containers and placed on other items should no longer decay.

Are these "Decorative items" specifically categorized? Or is it any item placed with the "place" feature?

the hitching post, only the person that build the thing can add food to it. even if you give someone personal permissions (manage and use) they still can not fill the post with food.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sila said:

when i fix or inprove part of highway -   i got ban....   soon after that we got cateyes highway system and everyone start to fix, inprove, destroy highways and starting to protect them.   Nobody gets ban anymore :D

14 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

You broke a valid highway connection by removing portions of the road without consulting GMs, and also failed to replace the tiles properly, invalidating the highway. There are screenshots of it, and all of this was against the rules at the time.

I really wish you'd stop being dishonest about old GM actions taken against you. You were temporarily banned because you broke the rules. Please move on; slandering the GM team isn't a very nice thing to do.

I am of course familiar with that old situation, and I acknowledge your clarification of the events;  but Sila did not just contradict those facts with his post nor did he slander or make any false claims against the staff.  Even though rules were indeed broken (from lack of proper GM permission) when the highway was modified, it is my personal opinion that "improvements" were the result of Sila's minor adjustment (at the site of his new deed).  I would never consider the addition of crossroad-stubs to be any kind of obstruction or invalidation of the road. 

I see no dishonesty (or twisting of facts) in Sila's post.  I realize that this incident occurred on your territory close to your home, and I can sincerely sympathize with your feelings about that, but do take your own advice and please move on. 

7 hours ago, Meldichoir said:

I would never consider the addition of crossroad-stubs to be any kind of obstruction or invalidation of the road.

Tiles were removed, resulting in a section of road no longer constituting a "highway" as per the rules of the time, without any proper replacement.

2 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

Tiles were removed, resulting in a section of road no longer constituting a "highway" as per the rules of the time, without any proper replacement.

I admit that I never saw the scene when this occurred, and I'm sure you are correct, but I imagine if I were driving across that technicality that I might not have even noticed the discontinuation.  With the old highway rules, GM intervention (consequence) was dependent solely on a /support from a player.  That is why the catseyes are such a great addition to Wurm, because there is no longer a need to ask permission for every simple highway adjustment, and I am sure that is the message that Sila intended to say. 

13 hours ago, Meldichoir said:

I see no dishonesty (or twisting of facts) in Sila's post.  I realize that this incident occurred on your territory close to your home, and I can sincerely sympathize with your feelings about that, but do take your own advice and please move on. 

Claiming you got a ban for "fixing or improving" a highway when in reality you got a ban for damaging a highway is twisting the facts though. That remains true even if the damaging was part of the larger improving process. It is the act of damaging that's the problem, and that bears the consequences.

And claiming you got a ban for "fixing or improving" a highway sounds silly and makes it sound like the mods made a weird decision. After all, why would you get a ban for an improvement? But saying you got a ban for damaging a highway... that's entirely sensible.

Eh queen drama again :S 

In that times rules was clear, you can dig on your own deed even if there is highway to suit your deed design.(you can make detour for the time of remake if needed)

even today rules says 1> Deeds retain the right to disconnect from the highway system by removal of their waystone and any deactivated catseyes on their deed and perimeter.

So you can deed on highway, make detour where you want and remove highway completly and wall your deed.

but in the old times:

You cant dig on your own deed if you dont remove pavement.   (up to 20 slope you can.... what then?)

In old times you cant change pavement style if you didnt destroy it before...  Now you can do it without destroying.

• Cat 1

According to the rules at the time, a highway was any road 2 tiles wider or more (or 1 tile wide with sand on either side) connecting multiple deeds. Modifying such a highway without permission was illegal. You did this as well as destroying a highway connection by altering part of it to be only 1 tile wide. You were banned for violating this rule and I wish you would stop being dishonest about that.

Sign in to follow this