Sign in to follow this  
Pameow

Frenetia: The Gobbler's Banquet: noncombat, production, 10x/10x

Well, that sure was a goat rope to join the WO Forums! Almost gave up lol. I don't do QR codes, or that sort of stuff...have enough trouble with mobile phones ;)  And now I've forgotten WHY I needed to join this forum 😕 

Oh well, lol, such is life. Anyway, while I'm here, let me thank you /all/both again for this awesome WU server! 

13 hours ago, Phaedre said:

Well, that sure was a goat rope to join the WO Forums! Almost gave up lol. I don't do QR codes, or that sort of stuff...have enough trouble with mobile phones ;)  And now I've forgotten WHY I needed to join this forum 😕 

Oh well, lol, such is life. Anyway, while I'm here, let me thank you /all/both again for this awesome WU server! 

Hi Phaedre!  I'm glad to see you did end up finding your way to Frenetia.  If there is ever anything that I can do for you (I'm a regular player, not a GM), please just let me know and I will log in.  Isn't it fun to play with no fear of being attacked?  And to swim endlessly without drowning?  I love this server.

Hi Batta :) It is indeed more fun to play with no aggression and no drowning!  Now that I understand more about this server I'm glad I finally came back to it.  Cheers :D

Can someone explain exactly what this means please? [11:25:17] You spot a slight trace of utmost quality iron (south of west). I just keep getting confused lol.

2 hours ago, Phaedre said:

Can someone explain exactly what this means please? [11:25:17] You spot a slight trace of utmost quality iron (south of west). I just keep getting confused lol.

"slight traces" means 2 tiles away.  In your case, it's not quite west, probably one tile south of due west.

This page on Wurmpedia explains what each of the messages means:  https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Analyse

Thank you so much! 👍 I always forget about Wurmpedia :( . I'm working on making printouts of all this sort of stuff that I either forget the actual stuff, or where to find it. 

I FOUND IT! 🙃 

Edited by Phaedre

Clay Dredge and Tile Crate

We are delighted to announce that the remaining features related to the Integument challenge have been introduced onto both the Banquet and Arboretum servers.

The player’s new favourite building, the clay dredge, functions to automate the digging of clay. The quality of the clay it collects depends on the quality of the building, so it is well worth while to try and improve it over time, using a stone chisel and the best rock shards available. At this basic stage (upgrades may become available in the future) the dredge rate also depends on the quality of the building. For example a quality 80 clay dredge will give 80 clays per hour. The maximum clays the clay dredge may contain is 6,400 clays. When it is full the dredging stops, so emptying it frequently is required for bulk amounts of clay. An adjacent bulk storage container near the clay dredge will be very useful.

Whilst the clay dredge looks nice located on a clay area, and is easy to remember where it is, it can actually be built at any location. This is because it has special mechanical properties with drill bit components. Each drill bit requires 25 kg of steel. The clay dredge uses 4 drill bits.

Frenetia-Drill-Bit.jpg

The drill bit allows automation of digging clay. It uses a lump of 25 kg of steel.

The clay dredge is started with a clay and a stone brick. The materials for the clay dredge are shown in the image below. Of note is that the clay dredge requires an item that cannot be made by a player. This item is a source crystal. These may be obtained from opening random treasure chests, or by trading with other players for something of a similar value that they want.

Frenetia-Clay-Dredge-Materials.jpg

Materials list for the clay dredge.

A player may build as many clay dredges as they want to. Shown below is a completed clay dredge located at the Acacia Pines village.

Frenetia-Clay-Dredge.jpg

Clay dredge.

The tile crate is similar to a large crate in that has 300 item slots. It will hold a total of 300 colours of pottery tiles, which gives scope for future new colours of pottery tiles. At this stage there are 138 colours of pottery tiles. The tile crate loads into a large cart giving the player the ability to transport a large weight of pottery tiles.

Frenetia-Tile-Crate.jpg

The tile crate loads into a large cart making it possible to transport a large weight of tiles.

Theoretically the tile crate will hold an enormous amount of each colour of pottery tiles. In practice, we haven’t tested that yet. Keeping this in mind and given the very real possibility of accidental overloading, a dialogue box is being developed which gives the player the ability to combine tiles as groups. In the image below the dialogue box shows what to select for the removal of 50 total dark cyan pottery tiles combined as 5 groups of 10 tiles.

Frenetia-Take-Tiles-.jpg

Select 50 total dark cyan pottery tiles in lots of 10 combined tiles, which will place 5 lots of 10 dark cyan pottery tiles in inventory.

@PameowIt would be nice if the merchants were still available at the GM towns.  I still recommend this server to players, particularly those who don't enjoy combat or who are brand new to the game.  Also, I do enjoy popping in sometimes myself.

On 6/7/2021 at 4:43 PM, Batta said:

@PameowIt would be nice if the merchants were still available at the GM towns.  I still recommend this server to players, particularly those who don't enjoy combat or who are brand new to the game.  Also, I do enjoy popping in sometimes myself.

Hi Batta :)

We have been attracted to Atitd lately, running around the desert chasing cicadas and I have neglected looking at these forums, so I apologise for taking so long to reply. 

Getting those merchants going again is a very good idea. It is a bit time intensive so we will deal with it on the weekend when Tamutnefret is available. The merchants only last for six months and then all their goods go into the Dev account!  At some later stage it will be nice to adjust that particular bit of  code too so the merchants are perpetually happy. 

Each day at 8 pm AEST we continue to stop the server for a few minutes and do the backup, regardless of what other things are getting our attention.

Our longer term plans are to keep both servers online, and in our spring attach a new server into the cluster, Santa's reindeer.  Some sort of central island will again be present. However, the new map will have difficult terrain to add to that challenge.  Also ahead if Tamutnefret can delve deep enough into the code we would really like to have magic flying carpet events where all players are able to fly, like the GM's are able to.

Best regards from Pam.

• Like 1

I am pleased to report that we have happy merchants again :)

• Like 1

Thanks to Batta's advice, I logged into Frenetia today, and loved it. I spawned in Olive Heights, and so far have only got around to exploring the areas reachable by road. I'd love some advice on a good area to set up my camp. I'm not completely new to Wurm, I played WO for 10 months 8 years ago, and started again about a month ago, but tbh I felt like a noob, I'd forgotten so much!

BTW, Pamew, I played ATITD for many years, on and off, starting from the Beta in 2003. It's a great game, one of the few without combat (I don't enjoy killing or being killed, lol).

A Frenetia discord channel would be great. I miss not being able to communicate with other players if we're not online at the same time (that's one area where ATITD is much better than Wurm, chat channels never close and you can open them even with somebody who's offline). Besides, I live in the UK, and it lookes like you're in Australia, Pameow, and Batta is in Canada ...

Edited by Sylver
  • Like 1

Hi @Sylver

Sending you a PM now. I'd be happy to log in with you sometime and sail you around a bit to look at the world. 

Please accept my apologies for not being around so much.

Thank you Batta for your kind words and helping Sylver find Frenetia. 

Tam and I are still focused on Atitid Tale 10, building raeli ovens. We do miss the slower pace and beautiful environment of Frenetia though, so it will not be too much longer and we will be back with fresh ideas and enthusiasms.

At this stage we don't have many players.  I would personally not use a Discord channel, not being from that generation, and having a preference for chatting in game. This doesn't rule  out having a channel  though. If there were more players who wanted it I suppose we could look more closely at the idea  :)  We are located in Australia and have a cross over time with both Europe and America.

Best regards from Pam.

@PameowIs a new Santa's Reindeer still in the works?  Looking forward to that.  🙂

5 hours ago, Batta said:

Is a new Santa's Reindeer still in the works?  Looking forward to that. 

Yes! We will run a new Santa's Reindeer this year. I am looking forward to it too :)

It will be independent of the Frenetia cluster, an additional event server. The time will be as close to the start of December  2021 as we can manage,  and running until  to the end of January 2022. If players want a bit of extra time to get their reindeer to Santa's island we certainly will consider that. 

The reason it is an event server is because players need to start a new character. You may have you usual name, or a new name. Upon arrival on Santa's island the only thing in your inventory will be a pelt. On the new map will be about four herds of Santa's reindeer. The challenge is to get one of the reindeer to Santa's island.

Player's may choose any method available in the game world to have their reindeer arrive on the island. For example build a boat and creature transporter or  build a bridge. Player's may use any bridge that exists, so even though no bridge will be there at the start, if bridges are built, anyone may use those bridges even if they did not participate in the building of the bridge. The challenge may be as difficult, or as easy as the player chooses.  All the usual faster action timers will be there to make it quite realistic to build bridges. Tam and I will be there most of each day to help build a bridge if player's want to do it in a group.

We have saved the Santa's island version one server, so at some later time we could have memory lane visits to it. This second version we will also save at the conclusion of the event. For those who were not there, the whole server was flat. Getting mines on the flat surface was a challenge in itself, digging down just so! This time the map will have some quite difficult climbing obstacles in the landscape. A later version may have flying, that is what we would really like, but at this stage we are not ready for that.  Santa's Reindeers have not learnt to swim hehe. But they love to fly!

As we get the code behaving more as we want to it, credit for the Santa's reindeer challenge will be in the menus. Meanwhile we may build a hall of fame with signs on the permanent servers of players who complete the challenge.

The Gobbler's Banquet and Arboretum servers will continue on as usual meaning that  everyone's work on character building, landscaping, and challenges is preserved and ongoing. Players may ignore The Santa's Reindeer if they want to. 

Regards from Pam :)

• Like 1

@PameowWould you consider increasing the capacity of crates and bins?  I use 4x capacity on my server, but some other servers use more or less.  It saves a lot of mess, as it makes it easier to clean up after ourselves. Since we don't have Bag of Holding or Expand spells on the server, it would allow us to haul more in carts.

Set the Table!

Prepare a Gobbler's Banquet in exchange for a Julbord feasting table to be placed in your camp.

After deciding to keep the Frenetia server running indefinitely we have found that our original Set the Table challenge, which was envisioned to be held once a year at the start of each server reset, has not catered for newer arriving players. Now, instead of the whole player population reaching a threshold score of banquet items as was originally the case, we are offering a solo, or small group challenge to Set the Table.

The Gobbler is a special entity that understands the demands of real life, so will be pleased with what each player wants to offer, be it a tiny or enormous banquet.

The minimum offerings to recieve a Julbord feasting table are:
Wooden table and chair to be placed on a carpet where the player wants the Julbord feasting table to be sited. Place a knife, fork and spoon on the table.

Nearby build a large cart, bulk food and bulk storage bins and label them "Gobbler". These will not be taken, they may be needed in the future for challenges or trades. In these containers place banquet items, which will be taken.

When your banquet is ready contact Pameow by PM on the forums, or ingame to arrange for Acacia GM to place the Julbord feasting table.

Here are the original lists of items that the Gobbler loves for Banquets. I have left the dates they first appeared on them. Try to choose some off each list.

List for Friday 17 January 2020 : Some Banquet vessels

Beer Stein
    Flask
    Bucket (Linden)
    Small Barrel (Pine)
    Pottery Jar
    Mushroom (Yellow)
    Ground spice (Any)
    Healing cover (Sage),(Any)

List for Friday 10 January 2020 : Some Banquet sweets

Sugar beets
    Sugar
    Honey
    Maple syrup
    Bee Smoker
    Mushroom (Black)
    (ground spice (Turmeric)
    Healing cover (Rosemary), (Any)

List for Friday 3 January 2020 : Some Banquet salad

Lettuce
    Tomatoes
    Onion
    Cucumber
    Large amphora
    Mushroom (Green)
    Ground spice (Fennel seed)
    Healing Cover (Any),(acorn)

List for Friday 27 December 2019 : Some Banquet vegetables

Carrots
    Peas
    Corn
    Pumpkin
    Small amphora
    Mushroom (Blue)
    Ground spice (paprika)
    Healing Cover (nutmeg),(acorn)

List for Friday 20 December 2019 : Some Banquet grains

Oat
    Wheat
    Barley
    Rye
    Cake tins
    Mushroom (Red)
    Ground spice (ginger)
    Healing Cover (mint),(acorn)

List for Friday 13 December 2019 : Some Banquet ingredients

Light fishing rod (any)
    Fish (catfish)
    Roasting dish
    Salt
    Eggs
    Mushroom (Brown)
    Ground spice (cumin)
    Healing Cover (turmeric), (acorn)

List for Friday 06 December 2019 : Some Banquet pans

Charcoal
    Fish (any)
    Frying pan (copper)
    Cauldron (iron)
    Pie dish
    Mortar and Pestle
    Fish Casserole
    Healing cover (brown mushroom),(any)

List for Friday 29 November 2019 : Some Banquet dairy

Round marble table
    High chair (any)
    Milk (sheep)
    Milk (cow)
    Cheese
    Feta cheese
    Cheese casserole
    Healing Cover (Onion),(Barley)

List for Friday 22 November : Some Banquet plates

Rectangular marble table
    Pauper’s high chair (any)
    Plate (Sets of one plate of each wood type, or as many as can be made of partial sets).
    Saucepan (copper)
    Metal bowl (any)
    Fishing pole (any)
    Veg casserole
    Healing cover (wemp plant),(any)

List for Friday 15 November : Some Banquet utensils

Large dining table (any)
    Chair (any)
    Butcher’s knife (any)
    Measuring jug
    Cheese drill (linden)
    Baking stone
    Bread Casserole
    Healing cover (any herb),(any)

List for Friday 8 November : Some Banquet cutlery

Round table (any)
    Stool (any)
    Knife (any)
    Fork (any)
    Spoon (any)
    Meditation rug
    Herb Casserole (any)
    Healing cover (Mint),(Green mushroom)

List for Friday 1 November : Some start up items

Plank (any)
    Small nail
    String of cloth
    Grindstone
    Pottery bowl
    Sickle
    Breakfast
    Healing cover (parsley), (any mushroom)

3 hours ago, Batta said:

@PameowWould you consider increasing the capacity of crates and bins?  I use 4x capacity on my server, but some other servers use more or less.  It saves a lot of mess, as it makes it easier to clean up after ourselves. Since we don't have Bag of Holding or Expand spells on the server, it would allow us to haul more in carts.

Hi :)

Yes, Tam will look into both increased capacity and some sort of player spells on containers  in the new year.

• Like 1

Great stuff! Thanks, Pam and Tam :) 

Any chance the banquet could be vegetarian?

Edited by Sylver

12 hours ago, Pameow said:

The minimum offerings to recieve a Julbord feasting table are:
Wooden table and chair to be placed on a carpet where the player wants the Julbord feasting table to be sited. Place a knife, fork and spoon on the table.

Nearby build a large cart, bulk food and bulk storage bins and label them "Gobbler". These will not be taken, they may be needed in the future for challenges or trades. In these containers place banquet items, which will be taken.

What sort of wooden table? A large dining table or can it be a round wooden table? Can it be on the 1st floor of a house?

@PameowIt turns out that having hand mirrors in the treasure chests is a bit of a problem, because they are no-drop items. I now have 2 of them in my backpack, and no desire to change the look of my face, so they will be stuck there for the life of the server - taking up space in a satchel.

21 hours ago, Sylver said:

Great stuff! Thanks, Pam and Tam :) 

Any chance the banquet could be vegetarian?

Yes the Banquet may be vegetarian :)

It may consist of any combination on items on  those lists, for example copper frying pan, pottery jar etc. It doesn't need to be all food items. Or it could be all or most of the items. Or have some food items, and some other items.

Also, lately Tam and I visited Stormfall, the server without clay  and discovered "salads" :) lettuce and assorted mushroom, herb and vege in a plate with use of hand to cook it. We did not realise that existed at the time of the original lists. Probably quite a few items like fried vege cooked in a frying pan are in that category too.

The Gobbler likes anything and everything. The lists are a guideline :)

11 hours ago, Sylver said:

What sort of wooden table? A large dining table or can it be a round wooden table? Can it be on the 1st floor of a house?

It may be either of those, choose which one you like the best.  It may be on the first floor of a house. The Julbord feasting table is an item, I think it could be placed in a house. If not, we will find a solution at the time. As a GM I haven't been into a house of a player. I am assuming that would be possible. If not you would need to accept a visit from Acacia to place the table.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Batta said:

@PameowIt turns out that having hand mirrors in the treasure chests is a bit of a problem, because they are no-drop items. I now have 2 of them in my backpack, and no desire to change the look of my face, so they will be stuck there for the life of the server - taking up space in a satchel.

I had totally forgotten about that problem. They cannot even be traded to another player.

Tam will turn them into a normal item on the weekend. They may then be dropped,  placed in a container,  or traded. The Gobbler might request them so players might like to trade for them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pameow said:

The Julbord feasting table is an item, I think it could be placed in a house.

On another server, I have one on the second floor of my house, along the wall of my bedroom.  It's very convenient when I'm about to log out!

• Like 1

On 10/14/2021 at 5:06 AM, Batta said:

Hand mirrors can now be dropped, placed in containers, and traded.

• Like 1