Sign in to follow this  
Pameow

Frenetia: The Gobbler's Banquet: noncombat, production, 10x/10x

The Gobbler’s Banquet Game starts on 1st November 2019 at 9am UTC (8 pm Australian EDT) and will run for twelve months with daily backup.

(Edit: We have decided to keep this server running indefinitely because it has such beauty and we enjoy adding features to it from time to time. Daily back up occurs at 8 pm AEST when the server is stopped for a few minutes and restarted. )

The game is about production and time management. Players may make a wide variety of buildings and products with metal, rock or wood materials. Players move around the virtual world of the Frenetia server safely. There is no combat.

FirstBanquet-isometric-treemap-copy-1.jp

Trading with other players is encouraged. Foraging and botanising has been adjusted upwards to give a high frequency of ingame currency which may be used to purchase deeds. There is no upkeep cost for deeds. If a player does not log in to the game for over 2 months the deed would need to be repurchased.

Most weeks there will be a list of items that the Gobbler wants, published in game, on the Weight and See site, and on the Wurm Unlimited forums. Scoring is per amount and quality of the items that the player makes and donates to the Gobbler. Scoring will recommence each quarter (Set the table, Entree, Main Course and Dessert) giving players the chance to start over. Players’ skills and buildings are retained for the entire twelve months until the next reset.

Players are very welcome to play on the Frenetia server without participating in the Gobbler’s Banquet game. If players do want to have their items for the Gobbler’s Banquet scored they will need to contact us . pam-gobbler@little-possums.net

Players will start randomly at either Willow Heights Village located in the north east of the server or at Olive Heights village located in the south west.

Banquet-Willow-Heights-Starting-Town.jpg

Willow Heights starting area

Wurm-Banquet-Olive-Heights-Starting-Town

Olive Heights starting area

The server is called “Frenetia: The Gobbler's Banquet: noncombat, production, 10x/10x”.

Frenetia: Gobbler's Banquet mods and server settings

This server is modified from standard Wurm Unlimited:

• Non-combat: players and creatures cannot attack each other
  • Fully grown crops do not rot
  • No drowning, regain stamina slowly while treading water
  • No priest restrictions
  • No limit on prayers for faith gain
  • All white light spells available to any white light gods
  • Removed 30 minute timer on meditation skill gain, path rank time limits, 10 tile limit, and decrease meditation action time
  • Care for drastically many more creatures
  • Increased many animal lifespans
  • Weaponsmithing skill gain set to same as blacksmithing
  • Much decreased chance of cave collapse
  • Greatly increased coins from foraging and botanizing
  • Reduced skill requirement for large crates
  • Valrei missions do not require slaying animals
  • Much reduced decay on everything but eggs, corpses, charcoal piles, source springs, and wine
  • Guard towers do not require fight skill to repair
  • Starting items include pelt and better toolbelt
  • One-tile surface mining
  • Fire burn time on examine
  • Reduced village exclusion distance around white & black lights
  • Instead of branding animals with a hot iron, use a square of cloth to tie a ribbon marking them as being part of your village.
  • Special fish tiles can be used even in fairly shallow water (26+ dirts deep)
  • "Q Fish" option to skip extra cast and nibble clicks. Can be queued
  • Recipes now always accept a measuring jug step for liquids
  • Praying, sacrificing, spell casting, and favor gain are faster
  • Treasure maps can be found leading to treasure chests
  • Cooking oil can be used to make compasses
  • A new fast mid-sized boat type "trip ship" added with random vivid sail colour on creation
  • 50% extra walking speed, 20% extra riding speed
  • Carry 7x more, including when riding.
  • Move bank immediately
  • Reduce meditation time limits, remove 10 tile movement requirement
  • Increased chance of finding archaeology fragments and treasure maps
  • Baits and floats can be stored in bulk
  • Viruses, antibodies, tissues, soap, and hospital beds added
  • Fountains and wells will refill on any tile.
  • Guard tower renamed to "arboretum", and can be planted with harvestable trees and bushes.
  • Portable tile ovens that bake coloured pottery tiles, and specialized tile crate
  • Integument sculpture that builds a score and changes colour based on added tiles
  • Clay dredge for automated clay gathering
  • Zero karma cost corpse retrieval
  • ... and others will be added during the Banquet

Server settings

• No deed upkeep
  • Standard deed costs to establish
  • 10x skill gain rate
  • 10x action speed
  • 20 minute per stage crop growth
  • Characteristics start at 35
  • 0% aggressive creatures
  • Slow tree spread (1/100 odds)

Facilities available in the 5 GM towns

• Merchants sell furs, hides, and bladders - others added later as required
  • Banquet table (delicious julbord)
  • Meat freely available - help yourself!
  • Non-citizens have all permissions except attack or sacrifice animals, pass gates, or destroy fences

Edit: New server information added

Edited by Pameow
New server information

@Pameow 

On 7/27/2019 at 10:14 PM, Pameow said:

There is only one strict rule which is that there is to be no combat with the creatures.

Is fishing permitted?

Will all recipes required by the game be meatless?

Is the intention of the game to make a peaceful, vegetarian community?

The amount of creatures a player can care for has been increased.

What is the new number of max creatures that can be cared for?

We are now ready to reset the server and welcome players.

The starting date is Friday 2 August 8 PM Australian Eastern time.

Does this mean that you don't want players to login before 2 August?

Is there a Discord channel and/or online map?

Edited by Batta

Hi Batta

Is fishing permitted?

Yes fishing is permitted and encouraged. The Gobbler will request almost every item in the game, including fish, in this first round probably just the fish that can be caught at the shore.

Will all recipes required by the game be meatless?

No. The Gobbler might request a meat item in a recipe. Meat will be available from the trader at Acacia Pines start area, by barter, or from butchering the corpses of dead creatures. It will not be expensive.

Is the intention of the game to make a peaceful, vegetarian community?

The intention is to make a peaceful community. There are no "reds" to attack players and we request players to not attack "Blues". If players want to they can eat recipes with the meat they purchase via trade or via butchering the corpses of dead creatures which have died of old age. If players want to they can eat from a feasting table placed in their camp and not cook to eat, just cook to fill a Gobbler request. Perhaps they might want to cook to improve learning too? If so meat will be available.

What is the new number of max creatures that can be cared for?

A lot, but I forget off hand exactly how many so I will get back to you on that after I chat with Tam.

Does this mean that you don't want players to login before 2 August?

That is right. We are getting the settings done, things like make the starter deed so there is a bank, placing a feasting table there, resetting the mineral map so it will be a surprise to Tam and myself too. In between assisting any players to settle in and visiting camps to do tallies we like to play the Gobbler game too. I am spending this week learning the GM functions with another account, called Acacia.

Is there a Discord channel and/or online map?

There is an online map. It is located at little-possums .net
That is our own website which is currently being used for me to write blogs about managing weight. There is a link to it in my first post, Tam made that link so I can't reproduce it in this post right now.

If players want a Discord channel we would be delighted to look into that, one does not exist right now.

Regards from Pameow.

do you need to deliver the goods somewhere?

what happens to the goods once the counting is done?

what do you get for winning besides bragging rights?

a calculation of time played and amount created to be your score?

(someone who plays 10 hours will always beat someone playing 1 hour though)

What kind of things can you buy with the gobbler currency?

Hi Cuddles

do you need to deliver the goods somewhere?

No you don't need to deliver goods anywhere. Each evening after the copy of the server is made Acacia will come and visit your camp or a place you nominate and do the count of the goods. Placing them in one area will be good, in containers on a large cart, in a food storage or bulk storage bin, or nearby in piles. You don't need to be online when the count is done.

what happens to the goods once the counting is done?

They will get destroyed.

what do you get for winning besides bragging rights?

At this stage bragging rights only :) I don't know how difficult it would be but perhaps making the server have titles for winners might be possible?

a calculation of time played and amount created to be your score?

Time played doesn't get into the calculation. We thought about it but it would create an anti-play game mechanic. There will be a range of logged in hours for various categories. Also amount of players on a team effects the amount produced in terms of hours so we will have to make a call on that too. Village vs Village (Large) or (small) perhaps? Sometimes it is difficult to visualise success so there are heaps of questions that will be addressed as the popularity of the game increases. We haven't even thought of some of the questions yet. We have arranged a good upload capability though and will see what happens. Up till now Tam and I have only played each other at Gobblering. We totally enjoy it and want to share it. He has a full time job so can only code at night. I am at home all the time and can be server hostess.

The score also reflects the quality of the items produced as well as the amount. There is a multiplier for how complex the item supplied is, for example a collossus would get a very large complexity multiplier, an ore or farmed item none. There is also a variety score bonus (non-linear), if the players supply all 8 items for that day that will be a lot better than just one item, regardless of amount of those items.

(someone who plays 10 hours will always beat someone playing 1 hour though)

Yes somebody who plays 10 hours would always beat somebody playing one hour and they would likely be in the same category as solo players, in a team it would have less strong effect.

What kind of things can you buy with the gobbler currency?

Apart from corpse retrieval we haven't made any real decisions, but are wide open to suggestions. Perhaps wands to make a cave full of mineral veins? Wands and magic chests will be available from Acacia at 10 silver each, and this is an amount that seems ok to get from doing a decent amount of foraging. We'd like a merchant but they only have ones that have WO prices and tam is too busy looking after other aspects of modding the code right now.

Edited by Pameow
Added more information

Hi Batta

Wow how lovely, thank you :))

Yes it does look right. A whole day plus a bit less than three hours to go. Wheee!

It has just dawned on me how good this timer would be if it is running all the time, counting down each day to the Gobbler's next request list, so players can know without doing horrible timezone calculations. We can chat ingame about it.

Regards from Pameow.

Edited by Pameow
Added some more sentences.

@Pameow A Discord channel would also be fantastic. I like the Discord Relay mod, too, as it allows players to catch up on chats they missed while offline.

I'm in western Canada, which is 17 hours behind your time zone. That makes opening time 3:00am here, so I definitely won't be in with the first wave.

Edited by Batta

Hi Batta

I will bring Tam's attention to your suggestion about Discord. I have no idea how it works but will learn . Catching up on chats that happened while the player is offline sounds really good. I recall looking at IRC once upon a century ago and at that stage it did not have that feature.

I hope there is a bit of a wave :)

Often I go to sleep at the same time as the chooks so should be back on line to say hi to you sometime in your early afternoon. The first Gobbler list is on the little-possums web site now.

If anyone else is reading the posts this seems like a good opportunity to say that players who don't want to do Gobblering but would enjoy a non-combat server, they are more than welcome to join us. The only catch is the server resets after three months so that camps and skills are quite temporary. The good news is you get to try out new camp sites and the skills and timers are fast. After the first go we will assess the time span, perhaps 6 months might be better for the second go. We will see what the players think about the time span near the reset time.

Regards from Pameow.

2019 08 02 Today the Gobbler wants:

(1) Rounded Stone:
(2) Butter:
(3) Fork (Any):
(4) Troll statue:
(5) Pickaxe (Zinc):
(6) Siege shield (Any):
(7) Green dye:
(8) Healing cover (Corn),(Any):
Cut off time for today's Gobbler list is 2019 08 03 at 8 pm Eastern Australian time.

Please contact us by e-mail Pam-Gobbler@little-possums.net or on the Wurm PVE forum thread with your player name (Solo) or team name (include player names) if you are participating in the Gobbler game and want your products counted. When you have a camp let us know if you want clay and a feasting table placed.

This is a non-combat server.

We have received some suggestions and are very happy to implement them.

The upkeep on the deed was never meant to be arduous. We will turn it off. Later today the server will shutdown briefly to fix that and to also stop meat from rotting on the merchant at Acacia Pines starting town. Since the server resets after three months it will not get cluttered with deeds of players who have left.

Allowing some settling in time seems a very good idea. Players can develop their camps a bit before dealing concurrently with the Gobbler requests. We will have a week of no Gobbler requests and then recommence those next Friday. The Gobbler requests we did on the first day will be counted so it is not a wasted effort.

I think I need to explain more about the Gobbler and its scoring. The idea of having a list each day is so that there is plenty of opportunity for all players to make varied donations. Every thing scores. To get seven or eight items on the very first day is unusually good I would say. Not many players would achieve that. The challenge isn't to get all 8 items every day. We can try to, but the idea is to donate some items that a player feels like making sometimes and having their total score grow.

There has been another good suggestion which we are very happy to do. We can have players choose their own schedule of Gobbler lists. If a player nominates one Gobbler list per week that play style that is fine. We would adjust their score to reflect that. We do want to retain the daily list as well as a choice because it may suit some players to choose that.  Players can inform us of which style they would prefer as and when they settle in.

Regards from Pameow.

• Like 1

@PameowThank you very much for responding so beautifully to the requests of players. ?  I will spend this week setting up my settlement and making a sailing ship!

Edited by Batta

FYI I got off my horse at Acacia Pines and was not allowed to lead it due to permissions settings, so I lost it.  I can just go get another, but I thought you'd like to know.

that is unusual, yes lead perms stop players from leading an animal on deed but usually if you were leading it when you entered deed you can lead it again regardless of perms. Did you stop leading it off deed and then it wandered on?

I hopped off the horse and tried to lead it, but couldn't.

I am really sorry Batta. I thought we had made virtually everything possible to do on Acacia Pines deed. Thank you yes, I appreciate being told about problems like that. We will check the permissions tonight.

We have checked the permissions at Acacia Pines and leading creatures is allowed. I am wondering if you hopped off the horse right next door at our deed which doesn't allow non-citizens to lead creatures? If that happened we will need to fence it off pronto to make a more clear boundary because we don't want players to lose their horse. Thanks again for reporting the problem and I apologise for the hassle it caused.

Edited by Pameow
Added some information

I was right beside the merchants in town when I got off the horse.  I was able to lead a sheep, but couldn't lead the horse even though I tried several times. Maybe just a glitch then.

That is actually a WO bug....or glitch, im unsure.

But to do that, the horse MUST be branded to your deed, a wild unbranded horse will always be unleadable on someone elses deed.

Valiance and Kaylie.

8 hours ago, Wulfrock said:

a wild unbranded horse will always be unleadable on someone elses deed.

We haven't found this to be true when the deed specifically gives "Lead" permissions, which is the case with this incident.

Edited by Batta

Aye, but if the deed does give those permissions, then horses that are branded to that deed can be lead by anyone, anywhere.

Valiance and Kaylie.

15 minutes ago, Wulfrock said:

Aye, but if the deed does give those permissions, then horses that are branded to that deed can be lead by anyone, anywhere.

That's not what the issue was here. What happened was that I couldn't lead my horse on a deed that did specifically give Lead permissions.  

Also, horse individual permissions prevents anyone, anywhere from leading a branded horse.

Edited by Batta

2019 08 09 This week the Gobbler wants:

(1) : Lovage
(2) : Unfermented vodka
(3) : Cheesecake (Any)
(4) : Anchor (Any)
(5) : String of cloth
(6) : Head board (Chestnut)
(7) : Fruit press (Walnut)
(8) : Healing cover (Any),(Any)
Cut off time for this week's Gobbler list is 2019 08 16 at 8 pm Eastern Australian time.

Next Gobbler requests are on Friday 2019 08 16 at 10 am UTC, 8 pm Australian Eastern time. Please contact us by e-mail Pam-Gobbler@little-possums.net or on the Wurm PVE forum thread with your player name (solo) or team name (include player names) if you are participating in the Gobbler game and want your products counted. When you have a camp contact us if you want clay and a feasting table placed. Fish that are caught in caves, (minnow, loach, wurmfish and clams) will be included in the list of items the Gobbler selects from. Pearls will not be included. Rose is now harvestable. Maple is harvestable from approx Friday 9pm UTC (Saturday 7 am Australian Eastern time). Foraging has been adjusted to give increased coins. Merchants are now selling products to make gelatin at Acacia Pine Starter town.

Frenetia is a non-combat server.

2019 08 16 This week the Gobbler wants:

(1) : Small pottery amphora
(2) : Medium fishing line
(3) : Lunch box
(4) : Squire wool cap (Dark)
(5) : Paprika
(6) : Guard tower
(7) : Spatula (Any)
(8) : Healing cover (Green Mushroom),(Any)
Cut off time for this week's Gobbler list is Friday 2019 08 23 at 10 am UTC (Friday 2019 08 23 at 8 pm Eastern Australian time).

Please contact us by e-mail Pam-Gobbler@little-possums.net or on the Wurm PVE forum thread with your player name (solo) or team name (include player names) if you are participating in the Gobbler game and want your products counted. When you have a camp contact us if you want clay and a feasting table placed.

There will be a server reset on the first of November.  Frenetia is a non-combat server.