Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 31/OCT/19

6 hours ago, wipeout said:

@Samooland team thank you for making caves actually look like caves finally on my machine(i always had brightly lit caves "bug?" on my machine)

FBKJqur.jpgNSzTM2m.jpg

L2einrk.jpg

ohhhhh looks scary 

dat looks good.. wonder how 'fog' changes with a few lamps around

9 hours ago, wipeout said:

@Samooland team thank you for making caves actually look like caves finally on my machine(i always had brightly lit caves "bug?" on my machine)

FBKJqur.jpgNSzTM2m.jpg

L2einrk.jpg

If i can make caves look like that as well... would be great to make labyrinths! that cave looks epic. hopefully nights are as creepy sometimes.

someone deed a whole mountain and make a labyrinth!!! 

Edited by Themystrix

5 hours ago, Themystrix said:

If i can make caves look like that as well... would be great to make labyrinths! that cave looks epic. hopefully nights are as creepy sometimes.

someone deed a whole mountain and make a labyrinth!!! 

I live on a mountain i plan on walling the entire thing of and hollowing it out im sure i can spare a section for a labyrinth if you want one

On 10/31/2019 at 6:04 AM, DevBlog said:

You can now attach mine doors to wide cave entrances (PVE only).

Just two tiles wide or for three wide as well?

Either way, this alone makes me look forward to when things wind their way over to WU.

On 10/31/2019 at 2:04 PM, DevBlog said:

Enchanted trees / bushes, will no longer age.

i love you!! :wub:^_^

• Like 2

On 10/31/2019 at 8:22 PM, Samool said:

Client update out with a couple more fixes.

• Wood type and dye colors should be back to what they were (except horse item dyes, still being worked on)
  • Birds should no longer appear solid white
  • Fixed too shiny cave walls
  • Fixed upside down paperdoll character window
  • Fixed certain textures looking washed out (mainly horses)

Horse item dyes returned to normal for me after I reverted my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 drivers back to version 436.48. Every version past that, I started having all kinds of games crashing and the bardings, etc. didn't look coloured correctly in Wurm Online. After reverting, everything went back to normal. Games don't crash. Wurm Online looks flawless again.

From a performance perspective, running multiple clients as I do (one with high quality settings and the other two with low quality settings), I found that Ambient Occlusion (Off) + Shadow Detail (Disabled) + Shadowmap size (Small) + Water Reflections (Sky, Terrain and Trees instead of Almost Everything) yielded a significant FPS boost. Everything else is on max settings for the client I run on high quality settings. I run all three using the Low Memory client even though I have 32GB of RAM. Java doesn't seem to handle virtual memory very well otherwise.

Edited by Neville

27 minutes ago, Neville said:

Horse item dyes returned to normal for me after I reverted my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 drivers back to version 436.48. Every version past that, I started having all kinds of games crashing and the bardings, etc. didn't look coloured correctly in Wurm Online. After reverting, everything went back to normal. Games don't crash. Wurm Online looks flawless again

I'm pretty sure that's unrelated - a fix for incorrectly colored bardings went out last Monday, 4th November.

Might've just been lucky timing with the driver change and the update.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this