Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 31/OCT/19

A rollback of all servers?

So the 5 hours of hunting we did this day (what we do maybe 3 times a year) was for nothing, all loot is gone, all skill is gone?

A little advice: before you take your game to steam, finish the fking Alpha first.

Enjoy steam reviews after such "events".

• Like 1

nobody's fault, things go wrong in all aspects of life and in every other MMO, yes it is inconvenient but we can be patient I am sure, not all would offer a bonus so thanks for the sleep bonus, much appreciated. I need to go and do this thing they call real life till it comes back. :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Delll said:

nobody's fault, things go wrong in all aspects of life and in every other MMO, yes it is inconvenient but we can be patient I am sure, not all would offer a bonus so thanks for the sleep bonus, much appreciated. I need to go and do this thing they call real life till it comes back. :)

The Jackal skill transfer stuff has gone wrong twice now though. Can't help but think there has been a lack of testing somewhere.

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

I am around since 10 years, when things like rollbacks aren't over yet, steam will be the death sentence of this game.

I got 48 sleep powder in my backpack, i could tell  you what one can do with 5 hours sleep bonus, but i won't.

Wasted enough time today with this ######.

• Like 2

Some things can't be tested in the box though, the issues will be sorted I am sure

• Like 2

Will the animals while being hitched to a hitching post be able to be targetted and killed? (on pve)

Or will it be the same as being hitched to carts?

7 minutes ago, Amaluna said:

Will the animals while being hitched to a hitching post be able to be targetted and killed? (on pve)

Or will it be the same as being hitched to carts?

Same as carts, cannot be targeted and killed.

• Like 1

Eh... dont see anywhere for how long the servers will be down for this update...Anyone?!... just sitting here and waiting for servers to be up again...

8 minutes ago, Victoria said:

Eh... dont see anywhere for how long the servers will be down for this update...Anyone?!... just sitting here and waiting for servers to be up again...

Between 1-2 hours from the initial onset of the rollback.

All servers other than Xanadu are back up already, Xanadu will follow shortly. :)

Jackal is back up

[19:12:19] 1 other players are online. You are on Jackal (11 totally in Wurm).

• Cat 1

i thought i was being efficient after work and left 4 creature cages unfinished with 1 plank... spend about an hour for that... went to buy groceries and surprise... gotta do all from scratch🤣 

question... can i do stuff atm or is it being deleted soon again?

I've logged in Cele and it's all OK. All stuff made between the reboots are still there, so no time or mats lost.

Thanks to the Devs and Admins for their work.

3 hours ago, SweetSusie said:

My character is upside down in the character window. The skeleton view is normal.

I asked in ally but everyones character is normal... Im the only one there using Mac tho.

SX8fUeq.png

Its probably not a priority, but thought I should just let the devs know the rollback didn't fix this. 

It worked fine yesterday.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Themystrix said:

i thought i was being efficient after work and left 4 creature cages unfinished with 1 plank... spend about an hour for that... went to buy groceries and surprise... gotta do all from scratch🤣 

question... can i do stuff atm or is it being deleted soon again?

Same thing. Everything I managed to build before is undone and no sleep bonus as promised either.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SweetSusie said:

Its probably not a priority, but thought I should just let the devs know the rollback didn't fix this. 

It worked fine yesterday.

That's almost certainly a client bug. The client update that went out the same time is still here.

• Like 1

Just now, Lisimba said:

That's almost certainly a client bug. The client update that went out the same time is still here.

ahh that makes more sense.. well now they know there is a bug.. i guess it will be fixed sooner or later hehe

5 hours ago, DevBlog said:
  • Hitching posts have now been added:
    • Any creature that can be hitched to a large cart can be hitched to a hitching post.
    • Hell Horses can be “Tied Off” to a hitching post at any age that is not a foal.
    • A hitching post can hold 3 creatures.
    • Creatures can eat from the trough of a hitching post, as long as there is food in it, that they are normally able to eat.
    • Untamed Hell Horses hitched to a hitching post are docile and will not attack anything as long as they have food in there trough.
    • A creature will eat from a trough at the same rate as they would normally graze / eat from pile.
    • A hitching post cannot be picked up it can only be transported.
    • Hitching posts are lockable and spawn with a 1ql lock on creation.
    • You cannot load or move a hitching post with creatures hitched to it.
    • Hitching posts have 2 main permissions, Manage and Use.
    • A person with use perms can unhitch any horse by either right clicking the horse and clicking unhitch (singular), or right clicking the hitching post and clicking Animals > Unhitch (All of em).
    • Only creature edible items can be placed into a trough (seed, meat, veg, fish and so on).

So they can not graze from the tiles where they stand ?

5 minutes ago, Finnn said:

So they can not graze from the tiles where they stand ?

They will still graze if they have no food in there trough. If there not hitched to a hitching post they act as normal.

Don't know if was this server restart or something else earlier since haven't been on too much, but one of my branded, cared for horses that is in a pen escaped my deed and I found it down the road about 50 tiles away.  Horse name is "Ragedog" if it matters.  Good thing I went riding around looking at the new HDR changes.

Edited by nicedreams

I like this HDR update.  Added a lot of detail to everything.  I've always had Anisotropic Filtering maxed out and can really tell detail in rocks, wood, roads a lot more than before.

• Like 1

How do i bring the blue glow back to supreme esp forges they just glow normal for me now after update?  WHich setting directly affects that?

3 hours ago, ausimus said:

They will still graze if they have no food in there trough. If there not hitched to a hitching post they act as normal.

Exactly, they wont graze from a tile with enchanted/grass or crops.

That is the note I am getting from the patch notes, it's another 100x limites food container to tend to, that part bothers me a bit... besides that.. I see no use for this.. other than caves or selling horses and NOT making pens to keep the horses.. now it just lets players to hitch them to the new object with permissions and locks on them.. making it maybe possible to sell keys..(still mostly usable for horse traders)

Mainly what bothers me is the green on black text. It sounds like skipping the best application for this new feature.

Sign in to follow this