Sign in to follow this  
Diddyness

Why do we have to be zombies?

It's cool and all but, you know. Some people won't appreciate it including me. Yeah the OP has a pretty strong reaction to it but trying to devalue their feelings towards the whole thing just because you don't it understand won't do anything.

Shrimpiie just basically told Diddy to suck it up. And I always believe everyone's point of view and personal experience should be valued.

(Edit omg I just realized that I can't see my character model or armour, except for the helm. Dang!) 

Edited by Wiolo
  • Like 5

While I widely agree that the critics and/or complainers widely overreacted, I would plead to consider a possibility to opt out of this outfit for those who really loathe it. As to me, I find it funny, am used to such GM jokes during events (have been a pile of items, a goblin and a dragon already). In the meantime, I would like to ask the complainers for some patience and tolerance.

Edited by Ekcin
  • Like 1

We are zombies already? I havent noticed anything strange... Huh.. I guess i have to pay more attention when i play the game. Option to stay normal would be great for those who doesnt like it, we live in a world where people are easily offended and common sense is long gone. 

• Like 1

Wow, first wurm problems!  If looking like a zombie in a game with no third person mode (i.e. you have to go out of your way to actually see yourself) is enough to cause a rage quit, then maybe playing with other human beings isn't for you - you're just way too easily offended.  You definitely don't want to go to any major gatherings (impalongs etc), as GM skin changes are generally a thing.  I'm honestly impressed that of all the irritations available, this is the one that breaks you.

3 hours ago, Themystrix said:

We are zombies already? I havent noticed anything strange... Huh.. I guess i have to pay more attention when i play the game. Option to stay normal would be great for those who doesnt like it, we live in a world where people are easily offended and common sense is long gone. 

Where does it stop then? Then we need options for people who are scared of/offended by christmas related items, etc.

It's only for like 3-4 days, if that wants to make someone quit, so be it.

I hate zombies and Halloween, but I'm not offended by a game that wants to celebrate it. It would be worse if Halloween was just ignored.

I cant even see myself unless I try. I never knew I was a zombie until I saw my friend.

You have become death. Brains for dinner. Should help.

Seriously I hope this holiday does not upset you to much. I too don't like the zombie movies. Too many in to few years. Ugh 

Wait a few days. It will be over soon. I think you look beautiful as a zombie bride. I like how I can see your cheek bones.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Postes said:

:D

Shouldn't this be moved to the Suggestions forum :)

+1 for a /hidecosmetics option :)

I'm on board with making something like this opt-out. That's a reasonable enough request. But starting with talk about refunds and not playing and quitting is like taking it to 11 right out of the gate when 3 or 4 would have been enough. This thread never stood any chance.

12 hours ago, Shrimpiie said:

This is a ridiculous reaction to a harmless event.

Had you come in here with a less melodramatic tone regarding the skin instead of coming in guns blazing, then you would've likely carried a bit more gravity with your reaction, but as it stands, not playing the game because of a cosmetic change you hardly interact with due to Wurm being first person, is an extreme, knee-jerk reaction, and all of it presented in a way purely to cause drama.

A simple suggestion in the suggestions board, for the option to opt-in to the skin would've sufficed.

how forget when shrimpiie get back to his natural crab form!

lots of things are in suggestions forums, more than 95-98% never answered or not in game, moreover not a word about it even will be considered.
Even retro was "working" in something new for suggestions for like 2 months about suggestions or at least that he said, same as always turn into nothing

Edited by tamat
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, tamat said:

how forget when shrimpiie get back to his natural crab form!

lots of things are in suggestions forums, more than 95-98% never answered or not in game, moreover not a word about it even will be considered.
Even retro was "working" in something new for suggestions for like 2 months about suggestions or at least that he said, same as always turn into nothing

dat stuff there... somebody go suggest having gm/dev/staff-chosen-target-person to show up and let the public know which topics have been considered or planned, or in process to get in the game.. maybe quarter goals announced if anything is already planned?

Else we're just wasting breath in the suggestions.. well not really.. but it's some plus to know that something is on it's path to get into the game.. or have no chance at all.. lets people have hope.. or rethink their suggestion.. possibly improve it.. to make it more appetizing dev bait.. for future content/fix.

--edit

12 hours ago, Wiolo said:

It's cool and all but, you know. Some people won't appreciate it including me. Yeah the OP has a pretty strong reaction to it but trying to devalue their feelings towards the whole thing just because you don't it understand won't do anything.

Shrimpiie just basically told Diddy to suck it up. And I always believe everyone's point of view and personal experience should be valued.

(Edit omg I just realized that I can't see my character model or armour, except for the helm. Dang!) 

As for that... yyeeaa.. does make sense to fix things that annoy customers.. rather than shut them.. leaves positive.. everything pretty much.. correct me if I'm wrong.. 
Whenever a bad impression have been made.. there's a field for improvement.. and since we're in the entertainment section.. it makes so much sense to keep people happy, right.

Edited by Finnn
  • Like 2

Hmm I kinda disliked the costume and the changes to my sheep, the skellies are kinda hard to target to tend. But it isn't that big of a deal.  Especially for just a handful of days. I do really like the oak trees and the pigs as the treants.  They totally should be normal mobs. While an opt out option would probably be good, I was talking to some friends about trying and getting them in to look like a zombie probably wouldn't be the best thing.  But it isn't a big enough deal to not play, or atleast not for me. *shrugs* just my two cents. 

i don't even know, is Halloween something that is celebrated outside of the US? 

I mean where I live there is a very small group of people that are trying to get this holiday going here as well but its not really happening so far.

I don't really mind the creature changes except the fact that the skeletons are sometimes hard to see but i don't really mind. i did not like the change to my own person. I don't care either way for zombies but just that my appearance changed without it being an option.

Why not just hand out a x day lasting super yellow potion at Halloween so people can choose if they use it.

one more thing that did was really annoying. we did a RIft during Halloween and instead of any good loot drops from the named dudes people were getting witch hats.

that sucked monkey balls.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, elroth said:

i don't even know, is Halloween something that is celebrated outside of the US? 

I mean where I live there is a very small group of people that are trying to get this holiday going here as well but its not really happening so far.

I don't really mind the creature changes except the fact that the skeletons are sometimes hard to see but i don't really mind. i did not like the change to my own person. I don't care either way for zombies but just that my appearance changed without it being an option.

Why not just hand out a x day lasting super yellow potion at Halloween so people can choose if they use it.

one more thing that did was really annoying. we did a RIft during Halloween and instead of any good loot drops from the named dudes people were getting witch hats.

report that in the bugs section, the hats were told to stop doing that

51 minutes ago, elroth said:

Since the changes in rift mechanics we usually do not get loot drops, at least not many (still recipes etc., but the rings, shoulder pads etc. have to be bought from rift points now). The witch hats are fun, even sell fairly well, and witch hats from rifts in particular as it cannot necessarily be expected that those drops occur every year, at least not that often (6 rifts within 2 days of the halloween season). Could well be that this will be different next year.

Yeah get rid of zombies, or at least give the option to opt out. It makes it difficult to see who's who, difficult to see creatures, and a new toon I started actually had the zombie face while using a hand-mirror? I don't wanna wait until the event finishes just to use a hand-mirror.

Edit: I can't find a thread about the colours, so I'm just gonna stick that here too. Somebody did something bad to the colours. Why has my black-haired priest now got grey hair? She needs black hair. Fix please ;)

Edited by Mowglia
Thought of something else